RMJ_12

Ronald Jones 2019 Outlook

I'm convinced some HC's are more concerned with validating their position/authority, than winning football games.  They're all freaking egomaniacs.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, K197040 said:

If you’re in the playoffs, it’s unlikely that your opponent is going to need to start Jones.  But unless you need something off waivers, I’d just hold given the scarcity of RB at this point.  Maybe Barber gets injured. You never know.

Even if Barber gets injured, you know Arians is just dying to run a few trick plays at the goal line to his right tackle. Head coaches never care about your fantasy team, but rarely does a head coach relish his power to ruin fantasy games as much as Arians.

Dropping RoJo for a second defense. Not remotely scared about seeing him in my opponent’s lineup.

• Like 1

Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians said Ronald Jones was benched for a pass-protection error in Week 13 against the Jaguars.

"RoJo missed a blitz pickup and that's it,'' coach Arians said. "You don't get to play no more.'' Jones got the start and played for the entire first quarter but was promptly benched and out-touched by Peyton Barber 17 to 6 the rest of the way following his whiffed assignment. Jones didn't even return to the field for Tampa Bay's two-point try in the fourth quarter. Even if he were allowed back into their starting lineup against the Colts, Jones (and Barber, for that matter) obviously can't be trusted for fantasy unless one or the other misses time.

Dec 3, 2019, 11:21 AM ET

Wow.  This revelation makes RJ (or Barber for that matter) COMPLETELY UNOWNABLE for your team.  No way you can start this guy at all, even in a flex position.  If he has so little trust of the coaches, there is no way you can own him.  Don't lose your playoff match-up because of Bruce Arians.

12 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Next week 12-85-1 and 3-45 on our benches cause can't trust the coaches.

Can't wait.

I am hoping this week Barber gets hurt in practice then Jones will be set.

And not hurt hurt like bad just a twisted ankle and has to miss a few games :) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CooL said:

Wow.  This revelation makes RJ (or Barber for that matter) COMPLETELY UNOWNABLE for your team.  No way you can start this guy at all, even in a flex position.  If he has so little trust of the coaches, there is no way you can own him.  Don't lose your playoff match-up because of Bruce Arians.

It's really amazing....

Winston can toss 4 INT's in a game and keep getting trotted out there.  Rojo misses one blitz pickup and he's benched for the game.  Hypocritical much Arians?

The logic of some of these coaches is mind boggling and it's amazing they get paid so much to make horrible decisions.

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

It's really amazing....

Winston can toss 4 INT's in a game and keep getting trotted out there.  Rojo misses one blitz pickup and he's benched for the game.  Hypocritical much Arians?

The logic of some of these coaches is mind boggling and it's amazing they get paid so much to make horrible decisions.

Lol, this is EXACTLY what I think too!!!

I'm holding Rojo for week 15 at Detroit. The risk and floor are still brutal but with some teams, like mine, you need to roll the upside guys out there and hope for the best, if you don't have studs to rely on.

3 minutes ago, aapox said:

Lol, this is EXACTLY what I think too!!!

I'm holding Rojo for week 15 at Detroit. The risk and floor are still brutal but with some teams, like mine, you need to roll the upside guys out there and hope for the best, if you don't have studs to rely on.

Detroit has played well against the rush lately.

7 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Detroit has played well against the rush lately.

I don't really buy it. If Kalen Montgomery can run for 75 and 5+ ypc against them with the worst run blocking line in football, Rojo could go 100 and a TD on 15 rushes. We'll see if the Indy game shows anything, not that it even really matters.

1 minute ago, aapox said:

I don't really buy it. If Kalen Montgomery can run for 75 and 5+ ypc against them with the worst run blocking line in football, Rojo could go 100 and a TD on 15 rushes. We'll see if the Indy game shows anything, not that it even really matters.

Pardon my ignorance but who is Kalen Montgomery?

Just now, iretirefromfantasy said:

Pardon my ignorance but who is Kalen Montgomery?

David Montgomery. That's my crappy nickname for him as a Bears fan and Fantasy owner... ><

• Haha 1

Arians is a clueless clown who will blame everyone else for Stinkson's suckage. Wait for those 2 to be removed before Jones can produce.

• Like 1

and, ya know ... not for nuttim'

i posted this earlier today in the RB thread ... RoJo rates as third most elusive back, right behing Kamara and Aaron Jones ... his numbers in the broken tackle/attempts per btoken tackle are among the elite of this year - follow linky for all the goodies on all who have run the foosball this year ...

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/740321-way-too-early-rb-rankings-2019/?do=findComment&comment=8926524

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

LOL, come on Arians!

Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians said Ronald Jones is "still the starter."

Edited by iretirefromfantasy
  • Haha 1

He's gonna have his best game of the season this week on everyone's bench. Stone cold lock.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Big Nate said:

I'm sure Barber hasn't been perfect this year either.... but Arians going to Arians.

This is a hot mess. YUGE mess.

I remember a game earlier this year where Barber was supposed to pick up a blitz on a linebacker coming up the middle and Barber literally laid down to the side of the defender to let him go by untouched. I’ve never seen anything like it. And guess whether he was benched or not...

If you can be benched in the first quarter for missing a blitz pickup, you're not really the starter.

I'm over Arians doing this to my fantasy team, because I never really relied on RoJo and this nonsense never cost me any games. I'm glad to have divested going into the playoffs.

But I am still a little mad about what Arians is doing to RoJo's development, confidence and overall career with this behavior. Arians is manufacturing the perception that RoJo is a fringe roster player because he can't overtake a bum like Peyton Barber. If this continues for another season or so, the rest of the league is going to view RoJo as damaged goods. Happens to good players all the time.

The feeling would be worse for me if I plugged him in and he gave me less than 10 pts because he was pulled for a mistake like a fumble or missed blitz pickup. I would be ok if he blew up on my bench because I can accept that risk, just as long as he doesnt blowup against me if my opponent plays him. 

Rojo is not the definition of calculated risk vs reward. His outcomes are completely unknown in the Bucs offense. 

You cant predict his touches, u cant predict his utilization, u can't predict his snaps, u cant even predict if he will play😂

• Like 2

I'm not buying it, though his schedule does look tempting after this week. He may be the starter but one fail and hes benched, not willing to take that risk when big bucks are on the table for playoff winner.