RMJ_12

Ronald Jones 2019 Outlook

So he's going to blow up this week on everyone's bench this week. Then he will be a must start next week against Detroit only to get benched for another missed blitz pickup.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Hargraves had been a colossal bust up to that point. Eventually players run out of opportunities within an organization. I suspect Jones is at fault for why he can be pulled so quickly. There were work ethic question marks going into the season. And nothing has really put any of that to bed.

Edited by devaster

12 hours ago, Languistic01 said:

So he's going to blow up this week on everyone's bench this week. Then he will be a must start next week against Detroit only to get benched for another missed blitz pickup.

Yep, nailed it.  Enjoy the ride everyone!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, devaster said:

Hargraves had been a colossal bust up to that point. Eventually players run out of opportunities within an organization. I suspect Jones is at fault for why he can be pulled so quickly. There were work ethic question marks going into the season. And nothing has really put any of that to bed.

Rojo was the most improved player in camp/PS, and they raved about his focus and study habits.    He’s been more explosive and dynamic with a better YPC.  He’s even caught the ball well- which was a major concern.  To say Jones hasn’t shown improvement or this is “work ethic” related is flat wrong.  

This is 100% Arians and his tough love philosophy for younger players.   I’m not against that stance per say...only how he applies it unevenly.    One week he’s endorsing Rojo as “our starting Rb”... only to be pulled for most of a game for a pass blocking mistake ive seen Barber make a half dozen times this season with no consequence.   Not to mention the Jekyll and Hyde act Winston pulls on a weekly basis.   

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 4

On 12/5/2019 at 10:25 AM, Impreza178 said:

Rojo was the most improved player in camp/PS, and they raved about his focus and study habits.    He’s been more explosive and dynamic with a better YPC.  He’s even caught the ball well- which was a major concern.  To say Jones hasn’t shown improvement or this is “work ethic” related is flat wrong.  

This is 100% Arians and his tough love philosophy for younger players.   I’m not against that stance per say...only how he applies it unevenly.    One week he’s endorsing Rojo as “our starting Rb”... only to be pulled for most of a game for a pass blocking mistake ive seen Barber make a half dozen times this season with no consequence.   Not to mention the Jekyll and Hyde act Winston pulls on a weekly basis.   

Arians deserves any hate he gets...and is def a bosshole

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jumboJET85 said:

watch this guy get 20 carries this week 

spacer.png

So sad watching him get nothing in my lineup. He gone

RoJo nice 10 yard run to open the game. Second play: Jameis interception.

Maybe everyone in this thread was right about Arians lmao

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LostAtSea said:

RoJo nice 10 yard run to open the game. Second play: Jameis interception.

Maybe everyone in this thread was right about Arians lmao

Had to be Jones fault. Arians is a senile clown.

5 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

Had to be Jones fault. Arians is a senile clown.

Worst part is they won. Until Arians gets punished for his s--- decision making. 

• Thanks 1

I picked him up yesterday but sat on the bench. His next 2 games look like great matchups and with Evan's done and Jameis with a hurt hand and a lost season in the books what are the chances they feature RoJo a little more against bottom of the league run defenses? I dont fill confident at all until more news comes out and cant trust Bruce.

33 minutes ago, Mmiller186 said:

I picked him up yesterday but sat on the bench. His next 2 games look like great matchups and with Evan's done and Jameis with a hurt hand and a lost season in the books what are the chances they feature RoJo a little more against bottom of the league run defenses? I dont fill confident at all until more news comes out and cant trust Bruce.

20-25%? I tried to look at the situation with rose colored glasss but I’m out. He’s a waiver mine. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mmiller186 said:

I don't even know if they're good matchups anymore if Winston and Evans are out.  Seems like it'll allow the D to play fairly straight up.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, K197040 said:

I don't even know if they're good matchups anymore if Winston and Evans are out.  Seems like it'll allow the D to play fairly straight up.

Winston will play week 15.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mmiller186 said:

it frankly doesn’t matter what the matchup is, or who plays around Rojo.    Arians cannot be trusted.  

Throw the Hail Mary if you must....

35 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Oh dammit, might be forced to play him again this week. Heaven help me/us..

34 minutes ago, jumboJET85 said:

Right there with you 

Same. I'm just hoping he can get at least 90 yards and a touchdown. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, jumboJET85 said:

Right there with you 

I will be joining you guys. My team is dropping like flies. So many injuries this past week.

Here is hoping RoJo is back in the good books and can score a TD. I did like that he got 5 targets last week - would be nice to see him get another 4-5 targets this week.