RMJ_12

Ronald Jones 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Did he do anything wrong this last game?  Was just looking at the play by play and from the 2nd quarter on, he only got 3 carries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Did he do anything wrong this last game?  Was just looking at the play by play and from the 2nd quarter on, he only got 3 carries.

No.... game was a shootout and close the entire time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Did he do anything wrong this last game?  Was just looking at the play by play and from the 2nd quarter on, he only got 3 carries.


It’s been clear since the “You don’t get to play no more” debacle that Arians hates RoJo. Possibly for reasons that we’ll never know about because they didn’t happen on the field. Arians appears to be limiting his touches, not because he has a better option on the roster, but to punish him (or, possibly, to keep him from getting a swell head).

Ultimately the reasons don’t matter. RoJo could have been a nice waiver RB2 had Arians committed to him much earlier in the season. It’s Week 15. It’s never going to happen.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, K197040 said:

Did he do anything wrong this last game?  Was just looking at the play by play and from the 2nd quarter on, he only got 3 carries.

Edit...I was actually still looking at the Jacksonville game log (for Winston).

But the Colts doesn't look much different.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gotta say, I'm shocked this 2 man quagmire has literally remained unchanged for 15 weeks of the regular season.  Figured by merit, injury, or preference this thing would sort itself out at some point and provide a lead ball carrier.  I'm guessing once the fantasy season is over, RoJo will run for 160 and 2 TDs in Week 17.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hard1 said:

Hes gotten dogged all year... arians needs to go...

I'd imagine that Arians still has more equity with the franchise than RoJo does at this point in time. The WRs are likely the only offensive skill players whose jobs are safe for next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was considering RoJo as a flex in non ppr. He has a lot more double digit points this year then I expected.

With Evans out and Winston’s hand banged up I was wondering what people thought about the chances/success of RoJo as a check down option against the Lions not so great run D this weekend. 
 

Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FreakFries said:

Was considering RoJo as a flex in non ppr. He has a lot more double digit points this year then I expected.

With Evans out and Winston’s hand banged up I was wondering what people thought about the chances/success of RoJo as a check down option against the Lions not so great run D this weekend. 
 

Thoughts?

 

He's not the worst guy you could put in there with 15 point potential in STD, but look at the Jacksonville game for the other side of that coin... I'M OUT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Was considering RoJo as a flex in non ppr. He has a lot more double digit points this year then I expected.

With Evans out and Winston’s hand banged up I was wondering what people thought about the chances/success of RoJo as a check down option against the Lions not so great run D this weekend. 
 

Thoughts?

I’d like it better if he was the clear goalline back.  Which it seems like he’s the opposite of lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is that there's no point trying to analyze his potential usage by any metric other than "is Arians going to let him play or fall back on Barber." And we've got plenty of evidence that if RoJo so much as breathes in the wrong direction then he's toast.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah he can't be trusted... and it's not his fault... what's shocking it's like barber has screwed the pooch but he still gets run... it's one of those older sibling things rojo just held to higher standard and get made an example of while baby bro peyton can do no wrong go out there and plod and get more carries.... arians the father we hate...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Yeah he can't be trusted... and it's not his fault... what's shocking it's like barber has screwed the pooch but he still gets run... it's one of those older sibling things rojo just held to higher standard and get made an example of while baby bro peyton can do no wrong go out there and plod and get more carries.... arians the father we hate...


Barber is 3.5 years older than Jones is so I have no idea why you would refer to him as “baby bro” in this scenario. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Their workload this year has almost been dead even (136 carries for Jones, 133 carries for Barber) as far as backfield attempts are concerned. 

I am a huge Bucs fan and I told everyone to avoid both of these backs during the preseason. Firstly, because they were going to be a pass first team. Secondly, because they were going to split work. Thirdly, because neither one of them are even average as far as an NFL running back is concerned. All three of these things were true then and still are true now.

And you cannot just blow blocking assignments like Jones does and still expect to play as much. Anyone who cannot grasp that concept knows nothing about football.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dislimb said:


Barber is 3.5 years older than Jones is so I have no idea why you would refer to him as “baby bro” in this scenario. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Their workload this year has almost been dead even (136 carries for Jones, 133 carries for Barber) as far as backfield attempts are concerned. 

I am a huge Bucs fan and I told everyone to avoid both of these backs during the preseason. Firstly, because they were going to be a pass first team. Secondly, because they were going to split work. Thirdly, because neither one of them are even average as far as an NFL running back is concerned. All three of these things were true then and still are true now.

And you cannot just blow blocking assignments like Jones does and still expect to play as much. Anyone who cannot grasp that concept knows nothing about football.

Yes I am aware barber is older wasnt literally was figuratively 

 

Also I don't think arians is dogging rojo just to keep the touches even...

Edited by hard1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hard1 said:

Yes I am aware barber is older wasnt literally was figuratively 

 

Also I don't think arians is dogging rojo just to keep the touches even...

There is more to it than Arians simply favoring vets and not being intelligent with his roster management. In Arizona DJ was so good Arians was forced into playing him more. And the CJ injury cleared the way for a full workload, but DJ was still putting up flex and RB2 numbers even with limited touches every week. Ronald Jones isn't on that talent level despite being a 2nd round pick. If Ronald Jones was playing well enough he would force his way into more playing time, but he isn't.

The Bucs don't even run much. And Barber has done an adequate job when called upon. There is no need for Arians to make a change in that case.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dislimb said:

And you cannot just blow blocking assignments like Jones does and still expect to play as much. Anyone who cannot grasp that concept knows nothing about football.

Bad take. It happening once and then him seeing the bench is the utmost dumbest thing a coach has done all season. And that's including Matt Nagy. 

You're supposed to put your team in a position to win, and using Barber is not the way to do it. Letting captain turnover sling the ball 50 times a game is not the way to do it, either. Maybe the defense might be halfway decent if they weren't on the field the majority of the game because Winston can't help but turn the ball over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Bad take. It happening once and then him seeing the bench is the utmost dumbest thing a coach has done all season. And that's including Matt Nagy. 

You're supposed to put your team in a position to win, and using Barber is not the way to do it. Letting captain turnover sling the ball 50 times a game is not the way to do it, either.

 

Maybe the defense might be halfway decent if they weren't on the field the majority of the game because Winston can't help but turn the ball over. 

 

 

Remember how they were viewed as a top 5 defense after shutting down the panthers and Winston looked like QB stud of the year and then the following week it all went away? 🤣

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

 

Remember how they were viewed as a top 5 defense after shutting down the panthers and Winston looked like QB stud of the year and then the following week it all went away? 🤣

 

We know the run D is legit. I bet if someone looked up some statistics, the D has the worst opponent starting field position than any team, and if not the worst then they're in the bottom 5. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah great game in no ones line up but def nice to see the other side of what should have been

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Naturally he had his best rushing game of the season in week 17

Just in time to sky rocket his ADP next season. Stay away. Far away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, devaster said:

Just in time to sky rocket his ADP next season. Stay away. Far away.

Unless barber leaves in free agency. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...