RMJ_12

Ronald Jones 2019 Outlook

52 minutes ago, hard1 said:

15th is excellent value gotta take him there

I don't know if ROJO is "excellent value" anywhere in the draft, but in Round 15 it certainly is easier to justify taking a shot in the dark on him. 

16 hours ago, bomont said:

That isn't a "zero RB" strategy. 

I know...you'd have to read my post in context as a response to get the joke. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

So when I took Hopkins/Adams/Kelce/Juju last year I did it wrong?

All "zero RB" jokes aside, that's a dream start for me.  But it's pretty rare to have that opportunity. 

10 minutes ago, K197040 said:

All "zero RB" jokes aside, that's a dream start for me.  But it's pretty rare to have that opportunity. 

My plan was to draft 2 running backs lol but kamara went right in front of me so I had to pivot to Hopkins... it all worked out. A guy like jones is a perfect 9th round pick for someone who has a similar draft though. He has a shot to be a starting running back, you can’t usually draft those guys so late. 

6 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

My plan was to draft 2 running backs lol but kamara went right in front of me so I had to pivot to Hopkins... it all worked out. A guy like jones is a perfect 9th round pick for someone who has a similar draft though. He has a shot to be a starting running back, you can’t usually draft those guys so late. 

I took Hopkins with my #1 as well last season and was anxiously watching Adams come back to me.   Didn't happen. 

Here's a snapshot from what's probably my worst draft ever.   In hindsight, the total hype train from 2-5

2. Howard

3. Amari

4. Gordon

5. Burton

6. Dion Lewis

Anyway, I agree that for that late of a pick, Jones is great.  

Edited by K197040

The new zero rb strategy.... zero chance you don't take one in the first 2 rounds...

5 minutes ago, hard1 said:

The new zero rb strategy.... zero chance you don't take one in the first 2 rounds...

challenge accepted

Not buying the Ronald Jones hype. Especially with Barber and Andre Ellington there.

If you can grab him somewhere between Pick 140-150, then great...but not spending a 6th round pick on him at ADP 105 in my 6-team league...

If there's one thing to know, it's never trust a Tampa Bay RB.

13 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

not spending a 6th round pick on him at ADP 105 in my 6-team league...

Is it just me or does this math not quite add up?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Just now, SenatorSpaceman said:

Is it just me or does this math not quite add up?

That should've been 16* haha

Still early in the morning

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CORTEz said:

That should've been 16* haha

Still early in the morning

Haha. All good. I knew I was missing something. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see his ADP climb to the 6th or 7th round in the next month.

38 minutes ago, devaster said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see his ADP climb to the 6th or 7th round in the next month.

ADP will bounce back down to the 9th/10th once Shady signs his final contract in tampa

mccoy-bounce-for-men.gif

Edited by Sack Exchange

On 6/19/2019 at 12:35 PM, wideopen21 said:

Of course. Barber has the advantage of being a known stable commodity that lacks talent. While Jones has the advantage of being a 2nd round pick and someone the team would prefer to build around. I own Jones in a dynasty league but if I had to bet on who is the RB Week 1, it's Barber. 

I think this is a good bet. Arians doesn't like to play rookies and Jones is kink of like a rookie at this point in his career. If he does break out I doubt it happens in the first half of the season. 

I think there is hope for him. There weren't a lot of rookie RBs who panned out last year. Not everybody is Zeke or Saquon. We seem to expect rookie RBs to come out of the gate playing great right away. 

I think he is a fine later round pick but you'll have to be patient. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/16/2019 at 11:50 AM, RMJ_12 said:

Well the “cutoff” certainly isn’t 22 years old.  We’ve already been through this with Jordan Howard last year.

People aren’t carbon copies of one another.  RJ isn’t Howard.

14 hours ago, the_dying_dream said:

ROJO is killing it right now. His trainer knows what he's doing. Check out Luke Neal (@coachLukeNeal):  https://twitter.com/coachLukeNeal?s=09

Hes going to be a far better pass catcher than many think h8m capable. Even if he ends up as an average pass catcher relative to other RBs that will be miles ahead of where many are designating his possible ability.

On 7/16/2019 at 11:52 AM, RMJ_12 said:

Pretty much, yeah.

Not being good at football doesn’t help either.

Lol.  As long as people keep thinking they know his limits, it leaves him cheaper for the rest of us. Please, tell us how you’ve got it all figured out and draft Andre Ellington ahead of RJ or somth8ng similar.

1 hour ago, brakeyawself said:

Lol.  As long as people keep thinking they know his limits, it leaves him cheaper for the rest of us. Please, tell us how you’ve got it all figured out and draft Andre Ellington ahead of RJ or somth8ng similar.

“ahead of”?  No, I understand value.  I also think this is just a backfield to stay away from.  The line can’t block.  The RB’s aren’t good.

Doubt anyone gets enough touches to stay consistent.

Edited by RMJ_12
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, brakeyawself said:

People aren’t carbon copies of one another.  RJ isn’t Howard.

You’re not getting it.  If you can’t catch at 22 years old, you can’t catch.  Period.

Supposedly with dogs you just keep throwing it at their face and they finally get it... hopefully they just keep throwing it to his hands...

1 hour ago, RMJ_12 said:

You’re not getting it.  If you can’t catch at 22 years old, you can’t catch.  Period.

Can you go try to explain this to some of the Derrick Henry boosters over in his thread, please? Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, hard1 said:

Supposedly with dogs you just keep throwing it at their face and they finally get it... hopefully they just keep throwing it to his hands...

I actually have a friend who is now 35.  He loves baseball, but as a child he never actually got an opportunity to play.  As an adult, he caught like a wet fish and threw like a, well, like girls used to be accused of.

So, a few years ago, we took him out a bunch of times and taught him how to both catch and throw and even hit a little bit. Surprisingly he actually hit worse than he caught or threw.

over the course of about 8 months, he not only learned these things from a starting point of abject atrociousness, but actually got fairly decent at catching. Like a little league level.   But still.

Point is, this is a person with near no coordination or athletic instinct.  He was still able to overcome in his 30s.  So yea, anyone, especially someone already coordinated and accustomed to athletic feats and dexterity challenges, can improve in areas they lack.  

For a RJ, this is even easier I’m sure because he was never nearly as bad a pass catcher as he’s been labeled.  He’s also, despite what some of the clown comments might suggest, actually pretty good at football in general.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, brakeyawself said:

I actually have a friend who is now 35.  He loves baseball, but as a child he never actually got an opportunity to play.  As an adult, he caught like a wet fish and threw like a, well, like girls used to be accused of.

So, a few years ago, we took him out a bunch of times and taught him how to both catch and throw and even hit a little bit. Surprisingly he actually hit worse than he caught or threw.

over the course of about 8 months, he not only learned these things from a starting point of abject atrociousness, but actually got fairly decent at catching. Like a little league level.   But still.

Point is, this is a person with near no coordination or athletic instinct.  He was still able to overcome in his 30s.  So yea, anyone, especially someone already coordinated and accustomed to athletic feats and dexterity challenges, can improve in areas they lack.  

For a RJ, this is even easier I’m sure because he was never nearly as bad a pass catcher as he’s been labeled.  He’s also, despite what some of the clown comments might suggest, actually pretty good at football in general.

RJ in the 2nd.......