AirForceOne

D.J. Chark 2019 Outlook

Lattimore, so he did hold Mike Evans to a big fat 0, ugh. Westbrook in the slot should thrive. But do you dare bench him? If not now, then never.

8 hours ago, mjb said:

Lattimore, so he did hold Mike Evans to a big fat 0, ugh. Westbrook in the slot should thrive. But do you dare bench him? If not now, then never.

Chark played 24% of his snaps out of the slot last week.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

That was from June. 

Is it any less wrong?

19 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Nice. Where did you find that stat?

Fantasypros Primer

D.J. Chark: After running just 17 percent of his routes from the slot in Weeks 1-4, the Jaguars moved Chark there 26 percent of the time in Week 5 and it paid off as he caught a 37-yard touchdown. Let’s hope this trend continues against the Saints. They’re surely going to have Marshon Lattimore shadow him on the perimeter, a cornerback who’s done a phenomenal job over the last two weeks, holding Amari Cooper to just 5/48/0 on eight targets, and then Mike Evans to a donut (0/0/0) on three targets. The Jaguars need to move Chark into the slot to evade his coverage to create optimal situations, as P.J. Williams (their slot cornerback) is not good. The silver-lining with even the Lattimore matchup is that Chark’s most productive route is the go-route, catching 5-of-6 balls for 198 yards and two touchdowns, while Lattimore has allowed 5-of-5 passing on go-routes for 191 yards, though he has been tight in coverage, as none of them went for touchdowns. It’s a tough matchup for sure, but Chark is someone who needs to be played as a WR3 until he gives you a reason to doubt him. I’m done doing that, as he’s clearly the favorite target of Minshew and has seen at least eight targets in three of the last four games. He’s not someone you should aim to play in cash lineups, but he’s perfectly fine for tournaments.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

21 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

That was from June. 

And? You comment aged very poorly. What indicated to you that he "sucks" anyways? His rookie season was rocky but definitely not trash.

Either way, seeing as you said that, you probably own him in 0 leagues. It's okay boo boo

• Like 2

6 hours ago, yanksman said:

Fantasypros Primer

This is good stuff - Thank you. Replacing Gurley with Chark in my FLEX with confidence (even if gurley plays)

1 hour ago, CViewPride35 said:

Sometimes, u need to stop overthinking. 

He is playing like an elite wr, so just play the man. 

This. If he plays well you win, if he doesn't it will be his first bust and nobody would blame you for the start. And even if he duds he'd still be ranked higher and will have produced more than these big names rotoworld loves so much

35 minutes ago, chief79 said:

Chark is my WR1, so he is not leaving my lineup.  

Same. Start your studs, pretty simple. Remember he was going against the great Bradberry last week. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, yanksman said:

Fantasypros Primer

Love fantasy pros 

The advantage Chark has over a lot of players is his 4.3 speed. He's a burner and can take one to the house on any play. After what he's done so far easy start for me.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

The advantage Chark has over a lot of players is his 4.3 speed. He's a burner and can take one to the house on any play. After what he's done so far easy start for me.

And 6'4" to go with that speed, dangerous.

• Like 1

Benching R. Woods for him. Don't care about Lattimore. Can't keep this dude down. It's Chark Time. Chark Attack. Chark Nado.  

Let's goo-OOO!!!!!!!

• Like 1

The talent is obvious. Hopefully Minshew keeps the starting job.

8 minutes ago, mjb said:

Why? Foles threw Chark his 1st TD of the season and it was beautiful. I actually like Foles and Chark even more than Minshew.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mjb said:

I really don’t see how he doesn’t at this point. They’re winning games, and the games they aren’t winning they’re in. Plus, I think Jags nation would riot if they bench the living legend. 

Alright, if QB isn’t a big deal, fingers crossed he’s not victim of Lattimore shadow coverage. 🤞 

1 hour ago, mjb said:

Alright, if QB isn’t a big deal, fingers crossed he’s not victim of Lattimore shadow coverage. 🤞 

I'm hoping for some dumb reason they shadow Westbrook lol. Wishful thinking I know

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

He almost had a 3rd last game by mere inches. Who else did you give up? 

He also had a TD last week called back for a penalty, Chark essentially could have had 7 TDs through the first 5 games.

9 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I really don’t see how he doesn’t at this point. They’re winning games, and the games they aren’t winning they’re in. Plus, I think Jags nation would riot if they bench the living legend. 

i just don't see them benching foles already anyway they just gave him 88 mil 50 gtd to be a back up ?

unless they want to trade him i think he will start when healthy 

1 hour ago, Flyers_28 said:

i just don't see them benching foles already anyway they just gave him 88 mil 50 gtd to be a back up ?

unless they want to trade him i think he will start when healthy 

You must not know of the legend of Gardner Minshew. 

• Haha 2