AirForceOne

D.J. Chark 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

last RW update was "He'll be a FLEX play for a Week 12 matchup with the Titans".

is it just me or is that a completely insane judgment to call him a FLEX guy at this point? dude is WR6 in PPR right now and clearly has chemistry with Foles.

13 minutes ago, fredth3cat said:

last RW update was "He'll be a FLEX play for a Week 12 matchup with the Titans".

is it just me or is that a completely insane judgment to call him a FLEX guy at this point? dude is WR6 in PPR right now and clearly has chemistry with Foles.

Idiots.  He's been absurdly underrated all season.

On 11/23/2019 at 12:40 AM, fredth3cat said:

Guess RW was right

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phisouza33 said:

I’ve played him at the wrong time all year. 

He's set and forget. Most WRs have these problems.

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

He's set and forget. Most WRs have these problems.

This term is used way to loosely. He is not set and forget. He has been great considering most people got him off waivers. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

This term is used way to loosely. He is not set and forget. He has been great considering most people got him off waivers. 

He is set and forget. Unless you have two other top-12 options at WR you should be starting Chark every week. And even if you do have two other top-12 options, he should be a strong consideration for flex unless your roster is other-worldly.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

A WR1 is set and forget. I don't understand what is loose about it? I don't sit WR1s. He's clearly demonstrated he is one. By all means, if you believe your WR2 or WR3 is better then start them. He's about as boom/bust as any WR out there, but he's been more boom, hence his ranking.

• Like 1

He’s elite but would understand sitting him for someone like a Ridley this week in a PPR just to see. Otherwise I agree you start him 

Edited by swetooth9

Wow Im surprised about the consensus in this thread. I thought for sure everyone would be sitting him this upcoming week.

27 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Wow Im surprised about the consensus in this thread. I thought for sure everyone would be sitting him this upcoming week.

I'm surely contemplating it. 

This season has been a complete fluke. If you don’t have cmc Thomas or Lamar it’s been a roller coaster. You have to play him 

Edited by affliction

He has had six game with single digits scores, six with double digits (three over 20 in 1/2 ppr.)

I'd say he is great for a waiver pickup, but you for sure can say you picked all the wrong weeks to play him. Basically been a coin flip whether or not you were happy or not in any given week.

Edited by altmin

1 hour ago, MSkibisky said:

I'm surely contemplating it. 

You can’t sit him, fitzmagic says he’s set and forget. 

Just now, phisouza33 said:

You can’t sit him, fitzmagic says he’s set and forget. 

You know what I didn't forget? His 11 targets over the past 2 weeks. Ain't no setting and forgetting in this thread boys.

So many question marks in this playoffs week. Think I'm going to cross my fingers and pray Minshew does the business. The upside is there - we've all seen it.

He's the WR8 on the year, coming off of two floor weeks with a QB returning that made him ball out the first half of the season. WTF are ya'll talking about?

I'm nervous about Chark this week. I need his upside ability but not sure he gets enough targets, 5 and 6 past 2 games. Plus going up against LAC who's given up 4th fewest to WR's this season. Sutton burned them last week but not sure it will happen again.

We're all right to be nervous. He hasn't cleared 50 yards in 3 of the past 4 weeks. I know it's been Nick Foles, but makes you wonder if the game plan has shifted away from him.  Will Minshew starting change that?  It didn't really change it during the game last week after he came in. And the Chargers just got back two injured safeties (Derwin James and Adrian Phillips). 

The most accurate in-season 'perts on Fantasy Pros have Chark ranked pretty high this week, 14 or better. I wish I could hear them out on why they have him so high. Is it just based on Minshew?  We all know his upside, but his bust-side is horrendous. So I guess play him if you need to [baseball reference coming] swing for the fences. If you're looking for a WR who will, worst case, put up some decent points and not lose the week for you, this guy is too risky. But if we bench him, let's hope we don't lose by a few points on a week Chark goes off for 20+. 

Edited by Josean Pelota

3 hours ago, Eck27 said:

He's the WR8 on the year, coming off of two floor weeks with a QB returning that made him ball out the first half of the season. WTF are ya'll talking about?

One of his blowup games was with Foles and several of his floor weeks was with Minshew. I don't really think the QB matters. Hes facing a top CB in Hayward.