AirForceOne

D.J. Chark 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

2 hours ago, decodeddreams said:

I'm nervous about Chark this week. I need his upside ability but not sure he gets enough targets, 5 and 6 past 2 games. Plus going up against LAC who's given up 4th fewest to WR's this season. Sutton burned them last week but not sure it will happen again.

I'm not. I'm going with the guys that got me there and Chark is one of them. No ragrets about starting this stud.

giphy.webp?cid=790b7611d4dd962f969613ec4

• Haha 2

Are we overlooking something...when Chark blew up to start the season, Conley wasn't really relevant, and Westbrook was battling and injury. Now that Conley, Westbrook, and Chark all out there, Chark is getting less looks (as we have seen the past 2 weeks). Am I overthinking this? Is he not the clear cut WR1 on the team anymore?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Squidward said:

Are we overlooking something...when Chark blew up to start the season, Conley wasn't really relevant, and Westbrook was battling and injury. Now that Conley, Westbrook, and Chark all out there, Chark is getting less looks (as we have seen the past 2 weeks). Am I overthinking this? Is he not the clear cut WR1 on the team anymore?

Westbrook was healthy the in the beginning of the season and Conley had 100 yards in week 1.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Squidward said:

15 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Westbrook was healthy the in the beginning of the season and Conley had 100 yards in week 1.

Yeah Conley and Westbrook have been around pretty much all year, minus 1 game Dede missed from injury (2 if you count that Jets game that he got injured in).

With a crappy QB like Foles and a rookie 6th rounder like Minshew, you would imagine the WRs will have some inconsistency.  Still, only 4/13 games in single digits for PPR, currently the WR8 on the season, and has shown a massive ceiling throughout the year I think you would be crazy to bench DJ Chark unless you're absolutely LOADED at WR. 

And by loaded I mean, somehow you have Hopkins, Thomas, Godwin all on your team.  Julio, Diggs and Landry type combos aren't considered "loaded" to me.

1 hour ago, rvtura23 said:

Questionable on Yahoo now? What’s going on here 

He's been that way for the past couple of weeks. It is a minor hamstring issue (I know, oxymoron with hamstring and minor), I believe, unless it is something new. But it is only Wednesday so I wouldn't be too worried about it. If you see a fantasy team without a bunch of questionable tags on a Wednesday, this late in the season, then they are very lucky and I want to take them with me to Vegas.

Edited by FitzMagic

DJ worked limited for us today due to his back. It wasn't due to a hamstring issue like Fitzmagic said. Nothing to be concerned about.

• Thanks 1

Having read so much concerning stuff about the matchup I was legit thinking of benching him for Crowder before I came in this thread for a much needed confidence boost, here's hoping the stash can get his mojo back.

2 minutes ago, JStyles said:

Having read so much concerning stuff about the matchup I was legit thinking of benching him for Crowder before I came in this thread for a much needed confidence boost, here's hoping the stash can get his mojo back.

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

My confidence level if I do end up deciding to put my boy in my lineup this weekend:

scared.jpg.c1f5bc9a0b6250f199614aaf2ae17

You’ve posted this picture three times now...is this a selfie?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

9nohQh4.jpg

Yeah.  I don’t think you quite understand how jokes work.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, rvtura23 said:

Anyone nervous on starting as I am?

yes. Chargers secondary is one of the league’s best. Chark’s targets vary widely.  I may go Ekeler or Guice over him. 

Anyone know how he got injured and why there was no garbage time? 

8 hours ago, yahyahtrick said:

Apparently he left the locker room in a boot and on a scooter. Not looking good for us boys. 

https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/1203849462734565379?s=20

Sucks he misses a potential cake matchup with Oakland but with Jax QBs playing so poorly maybe not the layup we all would have expected.

• Like 1

Week to week is all you need to know that he won't be helping any of us during the fantasy playoffs. Game over man.

12 minutes ago, devaster said:

Week to week is all you need to know that he won't be helping any of us during the fantasy playoffs. Game over man.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

giphy.gif

This sucks, but thanks for the breakout season! It's a shame he likely won't hit the 1000-yard mark. GEAUX TIGERS! 🐯

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1