AirForceOne

D.J. Chark 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Man that's tough. Really appreciate all the hard work that he's done for fantasy this year. Get healthy and we will see you back on the squad in 2020!

If he's done for the year, I'm grateful he got me this far. Huge boost to both of my teams as a free waiver wire add. 

Bummed he got hurt but pumped to have him in dynasty. Guy is an incredible athlete and a big reason I'll be in the semi's. I'm expecting big things in Charknado's future.

• Like 1

Has there been any updates on Chark's injury? ESPN has him as questionable and I don't see any definitive information on Chark's injury. I'm guessing this week is out of the question, but if there's any chance he comes back Week 16, I don't want to drop him. 

The walking boot as a precautionary measure didn't sound good at all. I'm still hoping that he can play and gut it out, otherwise I'm staring down the barrel of the likes of James Washington WR3 (ouch!).

Here's to hoping.

Nothing much to add, other than general feeling seems to be not this week, unlikely next, but they're going to try to get him to 1000yds somehow.

Chark did not practice today. He's making the trip to Oakland and hopes to play. If he does play, which I don't think he will, I'd be nervous about starting him. He might be used as a decoy and I don't want to take the risk of 0,0,0. Hopefully he sits this week, and might be closer to normal Week 16. I'm moving forward assuming he's not in my lineup. 

https://clutchpoints.com/jaguars-news-d-j-chark-remained-sidelined-during-practice-on-wednesday/

"Chark sustained the injury during the Jaguars’ loss to the Los Angeles Chargers in Week 14. On Wednesday, Jaguars coach Doug Marrone gave an update and he seemed optimistic about the receiver’s odds to play on Sunday against the Oakland Raiders.

It’s worth noting, Chark is going to continue to wear a walking boot to keep the swelling down. However, he is going to make the trip and hopes to be able to suit up."

Marrone: “So I think we are going to take that all the way up. We are going to take him out there with us to see how he goes. And I think as long as it doesn’t put anyone in jeopardy, you know, of reinjuring, or it could be worse or anything of that nature, then I think you will see a lot of — you know, he will be on the field.”

Edited by MurderInc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for that update, Murder.

"Jaguars coach Doug Marrone gave an update and he seemed optimistic about the receiver’s odds to play on Sunday."

So at least there's some hope here. 

As great as he is.

Would anyone really risk starting him this week if he suits up?  Sounds like a limited snap situation.

1 hour ago, MurderInc said:

Chark did not practice today. He's making the trip to Oakland and hopes to play. If he does play, which I don't think he will, I'd be nervous about starting him. He might be used as a decoy and I don't want to take the risk of 0,0,0. Hopefully he sits this week, and might be closer to normal Week 16. I'm moving forward assuming he's not in my lineup. 

https://clutchpoints.com/jaguars-news-d-j-chark-remained-sidelined-during-practice-on-wednesday/

"Chark sustained the injury during the Jaguars’ loss to the Los Angeles Chargers in Week 14. On Wednesday, Jaguars coach Doug Marrone gave an update and he seemed optimistic about the receiver’s odds to play on Sunday against the Oakland Raiders.

It’s worth noting, Chark is going to continue to wear a walking boot to keep the swelling down. However, he is going to make the trip and hopes to be able to suit up."

Marrone: “So I think we are going to take that all the way up. We are going to take him out there with us to see how he goes. And I think as long as it doesn’t put anyone in jeopardy, you know, of reinjuring, or it could be worse or anything of that nature, then I think you will see a lot of — you know, he will be on the field.”

It's Wednesday and he's still in a boot. And they have nothing to play for.

Not a smart organization.

On 12/11/2019 at 8:45 PM, Sivaro said:

As great as he is.

Would anyone really risk starting him this week if he suits up?  Sounds like a limited snap situation.

Yep, although that's because of injuries. In fact, I would be ecstatic if he suited up.

On 12/11/2019 at 5:45 PM, Sivaro said:

As great as he is.

He isn't playing this week. Just pray you can get by this week without him. He probably doesn't play rest of the season.

I can't believe there's even a chance. I cut him and brought him right back. Would be perfectly fine with playing him next week if he plays. 

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

he done, son ...

Not for the year yet. 2 more weeks for me after this week

Just now, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Not for the year yet. 2 more weeks for me after this week

well, had i said for the year, sure ... but i did not. 

🎅

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

well, had i said for the year, sure ... but i did not. 

🎅

Then he isn't done son 😎

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... why you LITTLE!

🤠

Lol. In all reality he's probably done. Weird to go from a boot and scooter to playing a week or two later

• Like 1

Is Conley vrs DeDe even a debate? Grabbed Conley to block the Chark owner and wondering if he's even worth thinking about. Oakland has a horrible pass defense

4 minutes ago, Neauxls said:

Is Conley vrs DeDe even a debate? Grabbed Conley to block the Chark owner and wondering if he's even worth thinking about. Oakland has a horrible pass defense

is Cole still in the picture?

16 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

is Cole still in the picture?

Yes, technically. He's only had 8 receptions since their week 10 bye though. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Neauxls said:

I pretty much have no choice but to go with Conley now, only other option is T. Williams.  

• Like 1

Sounds like he is on track to play this week! Thankfully I didn't drop him. Could be looking at one last WR1 blowup game for him vs horrendous ATL pass defense.