AirForceOne

D.J. Chark 2019 Outlook

If he were getting as many quality targets as Westbrook were getting he would be a weekly WR2. As it stands he is still a WR3, but having a nice season so far. Hasn't busted the last two weeks.

• Like 2

I dropped this guy thinking that there is no way he can keep this up with Minshew leading the way. This why you have to have patience in fantasy. Lesson learned.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, devaster said:

If he were getting as many quality targets as Westbrook were getting he would be a weekly WR2. As it stands he is still a WR3, but having a nice season so far. Hasn't busted the last two weeks.

Makes no sense. Hes currently aj wr1, wr2 at least. I guess you didnt look at his stats before making this reply

I grabbed Chark off waivers and tried to trade him to the Mattison owner (I have Dalvin Cook) and he declined.  I ended starting him last night and boy am I happy. Everything happens for a reason.

Why did I hear like next to nothing about him as far as pre-draft hype?

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

Dede got all the hype for some reason. I never bought that. I stashed Chark before week 1 in a deep league thanks to Mike Clay. He was one of the few experts talking up Chark in the preseason.

2 hours ago, Trade Monster said:

I dropped this guy thinking that there is no way he can keep this up with Minshew leading the way. This why you have to have patience in fantasy. Lesson learned.

Learned the same lesson with Hollywood Brown. All part of the process

6 minutes ago, sSektor said:

because every hopped on Dede westbrook trying to predict the next great breakout 

7 hours ago, devaster said:

agreed and after those drops westbrook had chark needs to be receiving the majority of the targets. Weekly flex but hoping he gets more targets to hit the wr2 range.

Where are you valuing Chark in trades hypothetically? I'm already getting offers in my keeper league haha

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Guwop said:

agreed and after those drops westbrook had chark needs to be receiving the majority of the targets. Weekly flex but hoping he gets more targets to hit the wr2 range.

Frankly I think with the way Minshew and him have been connecting, I can see him eventually getting more snaps by mid-season. He has that downfield speed and agility, and can leap with the best of them with his length. Passes the eye-test quite easily. Shouldn't be too far-fetched to expect him to trend towards WR2 production

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JoesPros said:

Makes no sense. Hes currently aj wr1, wr2 at least. I guess you didnt look at his stats before making this reply

I've had him all season in dynasty and started him the last two weeks. I'd like to think I have some insight about Chark. His production just isn't sustainable on the amount of target he gets. Last week was great, but looking like the ceiling right now. 4, 9, and 5 targets through 3 weeks. Scored every week. Unless you expect him to have 16+ TD the production isn't sustainable on the amount of targets.

Jags should give more of Westbrook's targets to him. The Jags are running the most two-TE sets in the league. And they have Conley and Westbrook on the field the most often. Both of those players are over 80% snaps (Conley would be at 80% this week as well if not for rolling his ankle in the game), while Chark hovers around 70%. Westbrook has done nothing in his career and especially last night's game to deserve to have more snaps and targets than Chark.

Breakout WR2/3 ROS👍

• Like 1

The Charknado is getting ready to take the league by storm as he frolicks in Minshew's Secret Garden.

• Like 1

Thoughts on him this week? Not liking the matchup vs DEN. Would Harris cover him?

2 hours ago, yanksman said:

Thoughts on him this week? Not liking the matchup vs DEN. Would Harris cover him?

Benching, betting on him not scoring a TD for the 4th straight week, and @ DEN 

Edited by kmoore1521

Which corner is found to cover him is key, Broncos CB2 Callahan is out 4 more weeks...... If Chark gets the cb3 4, could be another nice day. Denvers defense doesn't really scare me as much, they have been dissapointing so far on defense fantasy wise and probably real life too

2 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Which corner is found to cover him is key, Broncos CB2 Callahan is out 4 more weeks...... If Chark gets the cb3 4, could be another nice day. Denvers defense doesn't really scare me as much, they have been dissapointing so far on defense fantasy wise and probably real life too

I've pretty much decided unless I hear something definitive about Harris being on Dede Westbrook I'm going to have to sit Chark. Can't risk playing him if Harris will be shadowing him all day. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, collucho said:

I've pretty much decided unless I hear something definitive about Harris being on Dede Westbrook I'm going to have to sit Chark. Can't risk playing him if Harris will be shadowing him all day. 

Is Chark the WR1 now? It's hard deciphering who's who lol

I found out, Westbrook is getting more snap shares atm, but chark is right behind him, Conley in week 3 had identical snapcount %....

Honestly his chemistry with Minshrew is something not to ignore, dude is in the Top 10 atm lol

Edited by CABLE87

On 9/20/2019 at 8:09 AM, JoeG03 said:

Where are you valuing Chark in trades hypothetically? I'm already getting offers in my keeper league haha

I acquired him for Mike Williams WR/LAC and Matt Breida RB/SF

maybe a slight overpay but I wanted to get rid of both players

6 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

No clue man. I couldn't even tell you if Chris Harris Jr. shadows the WR1 on each team or if he sticks to the same side of the field lmao

8 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

I found out, Westbrook is getting more snap shares atm, but chark is right behind him, Conley in week 3 had identical snapcount %....

Honestly his chemistry with Minshrew is something not to ignore, dude is in the Top 10 atm lol

He's got the highest target % and touch %. Snap counts are not heavily in favor of Chark, Conley, or Westbrook. Chark is making plays though when called upon. In my opinion, he's the clear #1 WR. I would sit him this week though. I just don't feel good about it.

• Like 1