AirForceOne

D.J. Chark 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Chark is the only guy on my team on Yahoo that hasn't had his projected points boosted. 15 points in every game and they have him for less than 6? I know projections don't mean s--- but it makes me feel good when I'm projected to murder my opponent. 

6 minutes ago, collucho said:

No clue man. I couldn't even tell you if Chris Harris Jr. shadows the WR1 on each team or if he sticks to the same side of the field lmao

Going to do some homework and make a decision, I have NFL game pass and never use it, could be a good opportunity to use it now lmao

Wish me luck on my quest

Edited by CABLE87
  • Thanks 1

On 9/20/2019 at 9:00 AM, sSektor said:

Why did I hear like next to nothing about him as far as pre-draft hype?

Because Nick Foles was hyper-targeting Westbrook before he got hurt. Westbrook was supposed to be the guy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Going to do some homework and make a decision, I have NFL game pass and never use it, could be a good opportunity to use it now lmao

Wish me luck on my quest

Report back with your findings. Good luck and godspeed!

On 9/24/2019 at 6:37 AM, yanksman said:

Thoughts on him this week? Not liking the matchup vs DEN. Would Harris cover him?

Good question.  I'm leaning that way bc of his deep threat prowess.  His catches affect a game much more than Westbrook imo.

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

He's got the highest target % and touch %. Snap counts are not heavily in favor of Chark, Conley, or Westbrook. Chark is making plays though when called upon. In my opinion, he's the clear #1 WR. I would sit him this week though. I just don't feel good about it.

Thanks, gives me more reason to throw him out there cause honestly I like to play against the odds this year, at 1-2 I can't play it safe anymore

Last week John Ross was my sit of the week

this week, its Chark attack, DJ Chark doodoodoodo, Charknado, and whatever other nicknames we can make

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kmoore1521 said:

this week, its Chark attack, DJ Chark doodoodoodo, Charknado, and whatever other nicknames we can make

I started him last week. If you are right this week on Chark I will come to you for all start/sit advice in the future.😂

• Haha 1

As far as Chark's matchup against Denver this week, I took a look at how fantasy-worthy WR's have done against the Broncos so far...

image.png.dc5fd35899784eb5ee9e5a168f5cbf76.png

Adams is easily the best WR on the list and he was shut down fairly well. 
The other three guys are more WR3 type of players in the minds of many fantasy players. Two of the three had very good fantasy efforts against Denver.

PFF projects Chris Harris to match up against Chark. That's not ideal, though I also don't know if Chark will be fully shadowed by Harris. Does anyone know if Harris was on against Tyrell Williams in Week 1? I'm guessing he was (as who else on the Raiders would he have covered), but I didn't follow that game at all.

What does this all mean for this week? It's a tossup as to whether Chark should be started, and it probably depends on what other options you have on your team. 

• Like 2

Adding to the above, I just came across this from an article yesterday...
"Chark has played 47% of his snaps as the Jaguars right outside receiver, and he’ll continue to spend plenty of time in that role. He gets a matchup against Chris Harris, who has spent the majority of his time in the slot throughout his career, but he is making the transition to the Denver Broncos left outside cornerback this season. Harris has given up a 70% catch rate, but he has been targeted on only 14% of his routes covered. He has also allowed only 0.27 fantasy points and 1.25 yards per routes covered. He has graded out as a top-five cornerback in the NFL, according to PFF, and Chark could struggle as a young receiver in a difficult matchup."

• Thanks 3

When are analysts and experts going to put some respect on Baby Chark's name, flexing him over Curtis Samuel, James White and Tyrell Williams this week despite having the lowest points projection of the four, let's go.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, JStyles said:

When are analysts and experts going to put some respect on Baby Chark's name, flexing him over Curtis Samuel, James White and Tyrell Williams this week despite having the lowest points projection of the four, let's go.

lol flexing him over White too tbh. Not even mad. Lezzgoooooo

19 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

lol flexing him over White too tbh. Not even mad. Lezzgoooooo

White gonna go off. They need him and Burkhead now more than ever with Develin out

After watching some of the Tennessee game and watching Chris harris shadow Adams all game, he could very well shadow chark all game. Chark was mainly on the right side but he also lined up on the left for his td catch over Malcom Butler when he lined up on the left . Malcom Butler shadowed Chark throughout most of the game, he also caught a nice ball over the should of Butler too. Could very well be a very defensive low scoring tough battle. He still wouldn't be a bad flex option imo. He still was working a top corner in Butlah so take it for what it is. If you got a better cupcake matchup, go for it. 

I may start him in 1 or 2 leagues might have to make a decision tomorrow. But I don't think he gets much credit for making plays on a top corner and with Minshrew as his qb. 

On 9/27/2019 at 2:57 PM, dmb3684 said:

Im firing him up as my WR3. Matchup smatchup. 

Wish I had these typa balls.

Another week, another underestimation of dj chark. At some point they'll just embrace the fact that Gardiner Minshew is a real nfl qb and dj chark is a real nfl wr. I'm starting with complete confidence. Thank you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaii23 said:

Another week, another underestimation of dj chark. At some point they'll just embrace the fact that Gardiner Minshew is a real nfl qb and dj chark is a real nfl wr. I'm starting with complete confidence. Thank you. 

Cheers! As am I. Rolling him out over Corey Davis (🤣), Samuel, and Ross.

• Like 1

Dude’s a beast. He had a TD called back or would have had a great game. 8 targets, WR2/3 ROS.

On 9/25/2019 at 3:44 PM, kmoore1521 said:

Image result for im not saying, im just saying.gif

P.S def a solid WR 3 ROS loved what i saw and will be playing him more often than not moving forward

The TD streak was bound to end. And Fournette will eventually start scoring some of them. At least he had more targets than Westbrook this week and led the team in targets.

1 minute ago, kmoore1521 said:

Image result for im not saying, im just saying.gif

P.S def a solid WR 3 ROS loved what i saw and will be playing him more often than not moving forward

I mean, he got 8.5 PPR points. 

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

I mean, he got 8.5 PPR points. 

Chark also had an 18-yard touchdown nullified by a penalty. He continues to impress and is clearly the Jaguars’ No. 1 WR ahead of Dede Westbrook after four weeks of action. Plenty of Chark’s work came against stud CB Chris Harris Jr., adding credence to the idea that the second-year WR is largely matchup proof as Gardner Minshew’s No. 1 target. Chark won’t have an easy matchup next week against James Bradberry and the Panthers, but he’s emerging as a weekly high-end WR3/low-end WR2.

(Rotoworld.com)

• Like 1