Trench Mob

Ja Morant 2019-2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, MysticPeak said:

I was taking a nap & someone had already grabbed Tyus.........Okay.

So, week-to-week, what’s that, like he’s going to be evaluated every start of the week? This just f*s me up big time. 

You snooze you lose 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MysticPeak said:

I was taking a nap & someone had already grabbed Tyus.........Okay.

So, week-to-week, what’s that, like he’s going to be evaluated every start of the week? This just f*s me up big time. 

Maybe in the future try a daily/continuous FAAB league. First come first serve is garbage. Can't even take a leak without possibly missing out on a pick up. People have lives and the FAAB also adds strategy. Just my two cents though.

Edited by HK-47
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, HK-47 said:

Maybe in the future try a daily/continuous FAAB league. First come first serve is garbage. Can't even take a leak without possibly missing out on a pick up. People have lives and the FAAB also adds strategy. Just my two cents though.

I have no idea the Rotoworld league didn't do this. Out of all places, these muthaf*cka's eat, sleep,and breath basketball. I mean I do too, but still doesn't change the point. I blame you @Pirate lol.

But I guess first come first serve is more competitive while FAAB is more strategic, so it evens out either way.

1 hour ago, HK-47 said:

this is intriguing as I haven’t really looked into FAAB. I’m planning on putting together a crazy comprehensive, competitive league next season with weekly prizes, and info like this definitely helps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcflywalker said:

this is intriguing as I haven’t really looked into FAAB. I’m planning on putting together a crazy comprehensive, competitive league next season with weekly prizes, and info like this definitely helps.

Honestly, I am not a fan of it. I like the regular waiver better. It means you have to try to watch the games real time and makes it more about YOUR decision rather than listening to what everyone says after the nights' games have been played. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Honestly, I am not a fan of it. I like the regular waiver better. It means you have to try to watch the games real time and makes it more about YOUR decision rather than listening to what everyone says after the nights' games have been played. 

Not necessarily true. Some just don't wanna live on their phones and computer all day, and or can't. Doesn't mean I don't check periodically as I do play for cash and have 6 leagues to manage. But, I don't need someone to tell me to grab Jones up when Morant gets hurt for instance. It's not like the guy who beat someone to grab Jones knows more than the guy who missed out by 30 seconds because he was washing his hands after dinner and his phone wasn't in his hand when the new broke. Been playing for over 20 years easily prefer daily FAAB setting. Can live life and then make decisions when there's time. Just what I prefer and it seems to be going quite well in any leagues I am in...all of which use it. But, I guess some wanna live life with their face in their phones so they don't miss out on Tyus Jones. I'm just not one of them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HK-47 said:

Not necessarily true. Some just don't wanna live on their phones and computer all day, and or can't. Doesn't mean I don't check periodically as I do play for cash and have 6 leagues to manage. But, I don't need someone to tell me to grab Jones up when Morant gets hurt for instance. It's not like the guy who beat someone to grab Jones knows more than the guy who missed out by 30 seconds because he was washing his hands after dinner and his phone wasn't in his hand when the new broke. Been playing for over 20 years easily prefer daily FAAB setting. Can live life and then make decisions when there's time. Just what I prefer and it seems to be going quite well in any leagues I am in...all of which use it. But, I guess some wanna live life with their face in their phones so they don't miss out on Tyus Jones. I'm just not one of them.

In regards to injuries, for sure FAAB is better because that's a matter of when you check your phone and how often. Otherwise, no faab gives more benefit to true NBA fans who watch games regularly and scope out potential guys early season/preseason in the midst of their breakout games. I saw nunns 40 point preseason game and grabbed him halfway though and never looked back. Same goes for when teams are trying to put together their starting rosters and are trying new combos and you watch a game when you see a lineup combo that works and is likely to stick. It's great for seeing rookie talent vs waiting.

The announcers often give away very valuable information mid game as well, so it's pretty annoying when you get a herd of sheep adds based on yahoo notes 11pm at night after reading about how someone is likely going to stick in the starting lineup after already knowing that info and wanting to make that add hours prior any analysis is given.

I prefer the advantage going to true nba fans who watch for the love of the game vs math nerds. I'm both so it works out great for me. Yeah the injuries are a bummer but the positives outweight the negatives for me. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, HK-47 said:

Lmao, I have a competitive league with my friends. None of them do this. Maybe not all of us play 6 leagues with randoms for 20 years like you, my dude. No need to throw unnecessary shade. 

Edited by MuscleChestbrook

19 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

In regards to injuries, for sure FAAB is better because that's a matter of when you check your phone and how often. Otherwise, no faab gives more benefit to true NBA fans who watch games regularly and scope out potential guys early season/preseason in the midst of their breakout games. I saw nunns 40 point preseason game and grabbed him halfway though and never looked back. Same goes for when teams are trying to put together their starting rosters and are trying new combos and you watch a game when you see a lineup combo that works and is likely to stick. It's great for seeing rookie talent vs waiting.

The announcers often give away very valuable information mid game as well, so it's pretty annoying when you get a herd of sheep adds based on yahoo notes 11pm at night after reading about how someone is likely going to stick in the starting lineup after already knowing that info and wanting to make that add hours prior any analysis is given.

I prefer the advantage going to true nba fans who watch for the love of the game vs math nerds. I'm both so it works out great for me. Yeah the injuries are a bummer but the positives outweight the negatives for me. 

I get what you're saying but plenty of true NBA fans prefer this setting, myself included and plenty I play with. I guess FAAB is more for those who wanna enjoy life? Not sure. I have done both and don't feel I have lost much (if anything) as far as a competitive edge goes with the FAAB system. Have plenty of experience with both settings. Also, people lead different lives, rotate works shifts, live in different countries, or whatever. Allows for those things to come into play without worrying if you might miss out on someone because life happened.

Edited by HK-47

15 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Lmao, I have a competitive league with my friends. None of them do this. Maybe not all of us play 6 leagues for 20 years like you, my dude. No need to throw unnecessary shade. 

Lol maybe your friends or league doesn't but plenty do. Wasn't meant to be shade btw but man there are dudes that set their alarms for 1:58am to wake up and make grabs at 2am for the day to stream...lol. That's obviously with daily/today. Years ago I worked straight nights and thought it was pretty silly how I could just grab my dude for that day while most everyone else was sleeping. Anyways not gonna keep filling up the thread with this debate. We just agree to disagree on settings. 

Edited by HK-47

There is a reason why Yahoo changed their default league settings to FAAB this year ;)

OT: Hoping this isn't a serious issue moving forward for Morant, the kid was balling

Edited by DamoESP

What does week-to-week mean exactly anyway? Like he gets reevaluated every week? Then he plays that week then sits the next? Or is it just like random, where sometime in the week he might play if his back feels great.

This is the vaguest injury description ever. There’s no timetable, which is irritating. This could be 1 week; 5 weeks; 10 weeks for all we know

2 hours ago, Lockdown said:

What does week-to-week mean exactly anyway? Like he gets reevaluated every week? Then he plays that week then sits the next? Or is it just like random, where sometime in the week he might play if his back feels great.

This is the vaguest injury description ever. There’s no timetable, which is irritating. This could be 1 week; 5 weeks; 10 weeks for all we know

This.

It'll be so hard to trade him once he's healthy too. Remember Mike Conley 2 seasons ago? No timetable? Almost cost me my $$$. f--- the Grizzlies honestly.

Edited by MysticPeak

3 hours ago, Lockdown said:

Back spasms arent a long term injury. Its probably 1-2 weeks. He is probably just experiencing extreme discomfort (Back spasms are a real bitch) and the team wants to give him some time. 

Is he a lock for rest days from here on? I know coach mentioned he and Clarke will get increased touches as the season progresses, but it's up in the air now.

8 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Why would you think that?

If I remember correctly, he's had a few rest days before this injury scare. Then he went week-to-week, and people attributed that to being an 'easy-out' for additional rest days. 

• Thanks 1