Trench Mob

Zion Williamson 2019-2020 Outlook

8 minutes ago, pdids911 said:

so what do we think? 2 weeks? maybe 1/16 vs Utah on national TV? 

Iirc on the Ringer's Mismatch podcast either Kevin O'Connor or Verno speculated that it could be the big televised MLK Day game vs Memphis on Jan. 20th. Don't think they had any sourcing but that's one of the takes out there. 

I really think he should get the Ben Simmons treatment and just sit out this season. But that's just my opinion. 

43 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

I really think he should get the Ben Simmons treatment and just sit out this season. But that's just my opinion. 

But what is the benefit in that if he is healthy? They are adamant his body weight is ok and he is unique etc  They were extra cautious by extending his timeline as well. 

And they should not do that to their fans as well, i think sold a record amount of tickets to watch him playing.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

But what is the benefit in that if he is healthy? They are adamant his body weight is ok and he is unique etc  They were extra cautious by extending his timeline as well. 

And they should not do that to their fans as well, i think sold a record amount of tickets to watch him playing.

All of these heavy restrictions are for what exactly? So he can be at 100% in March ( probably April ) to help them with their playoff push? It looks shortsighted. 

9 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

All of these heavy restrictions are for what exactly? So he can be at 100% in March ( probably April ) to help them with their playoff push? It looks shortsighted. 

It is them be extra careful. You cannot just throw him there at 100% from the day one. I still don't get why not play a healthy player and how this will benefit his future. It won't be more risky to play him now compared to next year since he is already healthy and practicing. The injury he had doesn't need one year to heal. He already took one extra month compared to initial timetable.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 12:39 PM, pdids911 said:

called it?

On 1/2/2020 at 12:39 PM, pdids911 said:

This guy f**ks

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

What’s the over/under on games played before his knees act up again and he’s done for season...15?

1 hour ago, KingDURANTULA said:

Minutes prediction for Thurs? 10?

id say 14 tops

I really want him to hold on the rim when he dunks.  He's always jumping so hard and just taking those hard landings.  I see most NBA guys do the hanging part, and it's not just fun, it's also better for your joints I believe.  Also wonder if they fixed his walk lol.  Dude has the craziest side to side walk I've seen from someone who's doing it naturally. 

He should play 15-20 minutes a game for a few games and then ramp it up while resting a few here and there.  He's good for the league and fans.  Be healthy big guy. 

2 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

I'm a 40y/o man and I play more pick up games/ minutes than these entitled, delicate children.

OK boomer

• Haha 2

Boy i hope i'm wrong on this, but i doubt he plays more then 30 min in a game ROS.

just a hunch with the way they treated him so far. nonetheless.. 25-30mpg is still enough to have an impact (see preseason).

Edited by G.O.B.

I drafted him and held him all the time and am lucky there’s one owner in my league who wants him before his debut. I love the guy but it’ll be massive cotton wool ROS. He’ll look amazing At times and it’ll probably be the best 16/6 you’ll ever see in a game but its not gonna be matchup winning lines this year I don’t think

I just want to know who will be the loser when Zion comes back? Who loses shots/stats?

Ball/Ingram/Favors