Trench Mob

Zion Williamson 2019-2020 Outlook

6 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I just want to know who will be the loser when Zion comes back? Who loses shots/stats?

Ball/Ingram/Favors

I'm sure Ingram lost stats,Favors no

6 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I just want to know who will be the loser when Zion comes back? Who loses shots/stats?

Ball/Ingram/Favors

I doubt Ingram will lose shots, but I think you'll see his rebounds go down and possibly some of his other popcorn stats. I believe Ingram will end up being their scoring option. Zion will impact all areas as well and be the star, but they need someone like Ingram to shoot. I think this affects Lonzo's shots more than anyone else.

Edited by joshoowah

On 1/14/2020 at 7:19 AM, smeeze said:

OK boomer

Boomers — the generation born roughly between 1946 and 1965 

Millennials (born roughly between 1980 and 1996)

2020 - 40 = ?

2 hours ago, this guy right here said:

Boomers — the generation born roughly between 1946 and 1965 

Millennials (born roughly between 1980 and 1996)

2020 - 40 = ?

Perennials

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Ball/Ingram/Favors

I've watched a lot of Pelicans this season. I think Favors will lose usage and minutes. There is no data that both Zion and Favors can share the court. Neither spaces the floor. Both clog the lane. Zion is a fantastic roll guy to the basket. So I see a ton of P/R with Zion/Ingram, Zion/Ball, and maybe Jrue when he gets back. Favors going down to 20 min. At least 10 minutes with Zion at the 5, and Ingram at the 4. They can also play Jaxson Hayes at 5, with Zion at 4, but again, neither of those guys has a jumper.

That's just the pure basketball logic. Then there is Favors' injury situation. Then on top of it all is the Pelicans' playoff status. This could be a great situation if the Pels go on a run and get into contention. 

17 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I've watched a lot of Pelicans this season. I think Favors will lose usage and minutes. There is no data that both Zion and Favors can share the court. Neither spaces the floor. Both clog the lane. Zion is a fantastic roll guy to the basket. So I see a ton of P/R with Zion/Ingram, Zion/Ball, and maybe Jrue when he gets back. Favors going down to 20 min. At least 10 minutes with Zion at the 5, and Ingram at the 4. They can also play Jaxson Hayes at 5, with Zion at 4, but again, neither of those guys has a jumper.

That's just the pure basketball logic. Then there is Favors' injury situation. Then on top of it all is the Pelicans' playoff status. This could be a great situation if the Pels go on a run and get into contention. 

Yeah, the best thing they could do with Zion is put 4 shooters on the floor with him. 

2 hours ago, smeeze said:

Yeah, the best thing they could do with Zion is put 4 shooters on the floor with him. 

Yeah Zion might have to play some C minutes because neither Favors or Hayes can shoot. Neither can Okafor either. So unless they trade Favors for a 3pt shooting C. They would need to have in the court. Lonzo, Jrue, Reddick, Ingram, Zion.

Everyone sleeping on Zion’s return like...😴😴😴

10 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Yeah Zion might have to play some C minutes because neither Favors or Hayes can shoot. Neither can Okafor either. So unless they trade Favors for a 3pt shooting C. They would need to have in the court. Lonzo, Jrue, Reddick, Ingram, Zion.

Yeah but I don't think he can really defend the center spot.  But then, have you seen Zion shoot?  He seems to know and have been practicing a bit.  Total waste of his talent, but just more like an augment to his physical dominance.  I would say he eventually becomes a Barkley type who can shoot and post and distribute.  Favors can man the middle in defense while Zion gets weak side blocks.  And they may force Favors to bust out his mid range jumper which failed in Utah.  It'll be an interesting second half for the Pel's.  Him and Favors might even work out a two big man game. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2020 at 4:27 PM, GrandPa said:

I'm sure Ingram lost stats,Favors no

I think ingram will lose FGA and rebs but thats about it.

How many minutes does he get tonight ? Thinking about rolling him out as a cheap fan duel play, $4500.

Don't even have this guy but excited for him to kill it for the Pelicans. He's such a good kid on an exciting young team. LETS GO ZION. Incoming 30-20 😛 

Edited by MuscleChestbrook
  • Like 1

They said no minutes restriction but expect him to play around 20 mins in short bursts (yahoo notes). If the game is close he might stay in longer than expected 4th quarter. 

I think he drops 25 tonight even in those limited mins. So for 4500 he's worth it, although he's probably going to be so widely owned at that price that you may be better not picking him in tournaments to be contrarian. Double ups take him all day. He's 6600 on DraftKings I believe so steer clear on that platform.  

I just feel like this guy is destined to be a great and will have a healthy career (for the most part). Everyone was so worried about Embiid his first few seasons and now look at him. I think Zion will have a similar trajectory and he'll be fine.

12 minutes ago, StephonMarburysVaseline said:

I just feel like this guy is destined to be a great and will have a healthy career (for the most part). Everyone was so worried about Embiid his first few seasons and now look at him. I think Zion will have a similar trajectory and he'll be fine.

You say that as Embiid is out again and hasn't played since Jan 9th lol

17 minutes ago, StephonMarburysVaseline said:

Yeah but that was a freak accident to his thumb and nothing that would be chronic (like knees or back).

Embiid is still injury prone and dealing with chronic knee issues. Last season there were reports that Philly is ready to go all in now because they know Embiids health is a ticking time bomb.