Trench Mob

Zion Williamson 2019-2020 Outlook

He will be the first player I nominate in auction because I expect someone else to pay $40+ for him due to the hype. 
I don't think he will have that much fantasy value this year, so it gets all that money out of play. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jay14bay said:

He will be the first player I nominate in auction because I expect someone else to pay $40+ for him due to the hype. 
I don't think he will have that much fantasy value this year, so it gets all that money out of play. 

I have the same thought,let someone overpay for him and they will regret it at the end of season

Zion doesn't have many moves, that's his problem. He's so used to jumping over everyone and using his vertical time to adjust to not get blocked but its gonna be swat city for zion at least the first half of the year. Will still probably have +50% fg but it's going to take time for him to learn how to use his athleticism. People like Gobert are going to give zion a lot of problems. He will do well against small ball lineups and will get a ton of a alley oops from holiday and and lonzo in the 40 games lonzo plays. 

I see

18 pt

8 rb 

2 ast

.2 3s 

1.3 blks

1.1 stls 

2.4 to 

52% fg

65% ft 

His ft will be why I wont draft him. Hes gonna get fouled a lot and miss a lot of free throws. In a ftm league I take zion in the 3rd, otherwise I grab him 5th round or avoid him all together because I never punt ft%. 

Edited by johnval1362
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, a-rob said:

I think both will struggle, JA will have high turnovers, so for him to have a nice year he has to hit good FG%. But I don't think Zion will crack top 75 in ranking either. bad FT% no 3s. Why are people taking him so early, are highlight plays or dunks part of fantasy points?

good fg%, solid point potential, solid reb potential, sneaky assists, great stock potential, will even hit some 3s...there's a lot to like from Zion. Top 75 should be his floor this season if he lays off the beignets.

Obviously taking him way too high in a redraft league is straight drinking the Zion kool-aid but he could be a fantasy monster very quickly on a team that will feature him from the start.

4 of the many reasons not to draft Zion at his ADP:

1. ADP IS TOO HIGH: He is too hyped even for his max potential this year. Man, this guy is already injured! lol

2. HIS SHOOTING IS HORRIBLE: I don't expect his shooting to improve unless he fundamentally restructures.

3. THIS IS NBA: There are many players in NBA that can guard Zion physically down low. He will also struggle with foul trouble.

4. FUN PLAYER: His ADP looks like a candy that people can't resist picking for the FUN factor. Testing your gambling mind...

3 hours ago, a-rob said:

if only highlights, powerful jams were categories. I think we all expect him to score 19pts and hover around 9rpg, but what will drag him down or at least what will make him not live up to his very high ADP is his ft% and lack of 3pm

Let's see how many stocks he gets though. Because for many players the ft% and lack of 3pm is not such a big issue depending on the build. And with Zion at least 3pm is not gonna be 0.

8 hours ago, a-rob said:

if only highlights, powerful jams were categories. I think we all expect him to score 19pts and hover around 9rpg, but what will drag him down or at least what will make him not live up to his very high ADP is his ft% and lack of 3pm

am i the only one who didn't like what he saw from Zion last night? I don't see him scoring 19pts at all.

Full steam locomotive every time he touches the ball. He's roughing up the Bulls right now. Just move out the way.

damn hes gonna be the best fg% anchor if he wont take any jumpshots 😮

Bulls dont play any defense though.

Edited by Chrizz

EyeZionthePrize bois!

Lets start the whole "how early is the earliiiiest to draft Z" convo...i mean absolutely w/a shred of sense earliest???

Edited by dfstout

is 15 too high to chose zion in a 12 man, h2h, 9 cat, punt assist? cuz im highly considering it

Edited by pdids911

Just now, pdids911 said:

is 15 too high to chose zion in a 12 man, h2h, 9 cat, punt assist? 

No

• Thanks 1

Pts league 8-15 Beal range too early for Z???

Yea i said it...

Ball don't lie

Edited by dfstout

perfect. Now idiot Gms will reach for this dudeearly

Edited by Code of Hammurabi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1