Trench Mob

Zion Williamson 2019-2020 Outlook

34 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I don’t think he’s comparable to Simmons.  Zion’s FT% and TO haven’t been too bad thus far and he’s already hit multiple three.  I also don’t have enough perspective to say his over or underrated.  The only league I know everyone has access to is our roto league in which he was drafted in the 5th.  Compared to others in that round he has a good advantage in FG, Points, Rebs while providing out of position assists/steals that few other than Draymond can do.  

5th round should be great value. He went in the 2nd round in all drafts I have done over the weekend. Wasnt able to get him once. feelsbadman

Edited by Chrizz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chrizz said:

5th round should be great value. He went in the 2nd round in all leagues I have done over the weekend. Wasnt able to get him once. feelsbadman

same here. Went 2nd in my league and early 3rd in another

I'll admit I wasn't fully on the zion hype train until I saw him preseason and how easily he dominated. I got him for $25ish in a couple leagues and am thrilled. Seems as if he has improved his handle on the ball and has mentally already taken a step up from college. 

29 pts (60% fg) 

70% high volume ftm (bad)

8 rbs

2 ast

.5 3s (he knocked one down already) 

1.5 stls 

1.2 blks (has not blocks any shots yet but he did in college and it's inevitable with his ability to leap so quickly while guarding guys his size) 

2.5 to 

His fg% combined with his pts and stocks are going to make I think an easy 2nd rounder, potential first rounder. He is the real deal and may legit have a chance at being GOAT. The pelicans system is going to put his stat line on steroids and I think Holiday takes a giant hit in value this year. Zion is scoring at will with ease in low mins played. I don't believe his talent will earn him these stats on any team, but this pelicans team at their fast pace, with lonzo and Holiday setting him up with tons of fast breaks his fg% and pts are going to be absurd. Late 2nd round value. 

44 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

I'll admit I wasn't fully on the zion hype train until I saw him preseason and how easily he dominated. I got him for $25ish in a couple leagues and am thrilled. Seems as if he has improved his handle on the ball and has mentally already taken a step up from college. 

29 pts (60% fg) 

8 rbs

2 ast

1.5 stls 

1.2 blks (has not blocks any shots yet but he did in college and it's inevitable with his ability to leap so quickly while guarding guys his size) 

2.5 to 

His fg% combined with his pts and stocks are going to make I think an easy 2nd rounder, potential first rounder. He is the real deal and may legit have a chance at being GOAT. The pelicans system is going to put his stat line on steroids and I think Holiday takes a giant hit in value this year. Zion is scoring at will with ease in low mins played. I don't believe his talent will earn him these stats on any team, but this pelicans team at their fast pace, with lonzo and Holiday setting him up with tons of fast breaks his fg% and pts are going to be absurd. Late 2nd round value. 

You really think he’ll be averaging 29ppg? That’ll be second just behind Harden from last year’s average. Is he a better scorer than Giannis, a power player as well but with tons of NBA experience. At this point, I highly doubt it.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, johnval1362 said:

29 pts (60% fg) 

8 rbs

2 ast

1.5 stls 

2.5 to 

29 points per game at 60% In his rookie season with GOAT talk!

Welcome to the Zion thread. We have reached the pinnacle!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, boytoy said:

You really think he’ll be averaging 29ppg? That’ll be second just behind Harden from last year’s average. Is he a better scorer than Giannis, a power player as well but with tons of NBA experience. At this point, I highly doubt it.

Hes getting mid 20s in 26 mins, in 36 mins and half a season of training I can see it happening. I truly believe it this guy and haven't believed in any rookie period since lebron. I believe he will. He wont get the 8 assists that giannis gets... so hes nowhere near Giannis for that reason but I'd think of giannis didn't pass as much as he did for his teams same Giannis could be at 36 to 38 a game. So I don't think hes near his level in reality but in fantasy I think he will be a rookie God. Real life he has a ways to go. 

Main concern is he doesn't destroy that knee. For a guy with his weight landing on those knees could be worrying in the long run but should have a good year nonetheless 

Boom or Bust. Grabbed him on the 2nd round to make sure i get him and somehow manage to save face by snaggin' Kemba on the 3rd. It will be fun owning him as he has the most upside out there. Those stocks if they come he can be legit 1st or 2nd rounder. If not -- 4th-5th could be the floor. 

• Like 1

Going to be fun owning this guy but he's not going to live up to his ADP unless he starts getting some stocks. 
2nd rounder? No way not this year. 

6 minutes ago, dfstout said:

Over/ under lines at 5 games

How many 40 plus point games does Zion have this year?

under easily

He just went 1st round, 9th pick overall in my ultra-competitive 16-man league.

I had the 13th pick and I was jokingly telling people I would trade my entire team for the chance to pick Zion.

Not sure if that had any influence on the guy, but that is probably the earliest I've ever seen him go in a competitive league.

• Thanks 1

On 10/14/2019 at 7:31 PM, boytoy said:

Considering his 25ish min stats so far, then put him at 36 mins. If hes avg 20 right now, that puts him in high 20s in pts. No one can stop him offensively and I think the pelicans are too deep in their starting lineup to double team him. He either avg near 30 or sees a surprisingly good increase in assists. No one can stop zion offensively, no one, not nba, no one. It's all dependent on if double teams are an issue for him, but considering the fast pace, fast break type style of play, I believe the pelicans system will amplify his stats. He cant score like giannis or harden naturally, but with the right team, stat wise the numbers may show as if he is. He couldn't ask for a better team to be on right now, so his natural ability is not why I project him so high. 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2019 at 3:25 AM, chicane_here said:

Boom or Bust. Grabbed him on the 2nd round to make sure i get him and somehow manage to save face by snaggin' Kemba on the 3rd. It will be fun owning him as he has the most upside out there. Those stocks if they come he can be legit 1st or 2nd rounder. If not -- 4th-5th could be the floor. 

Wow Kemba in the 3rd? That's fantastic. Plus Kemba ft% and ftm will help offset zions poor ft%. Great pairing, sounds like you're off to a great start. 

On 10/14/2019 at 12:50 PM, Code of Hammurabi said:

Imo this dude is going to wreck a lot of rosters in Roto formats. He looks to project to be a massive drain in threes, ft%, blocks and turnovers. Thats 4 categories of nothing. I'm also not sure he'll offer anything positive in assists (although that shouldn't be expected). Sure the fg% will be gaudy and rebs solid, but unless this dude is averaging close to 2 steals there is no shot he provides any value with where he's being drafted. 

What about in H2H if you’re punting FT and 3’s? I think Zion can easily be a 20 point scorer and decent rebounder. He will get over 10 rebounds many nights. He will probably average about a steal and a half a game too. Blocks won’t be completely non existent. 

Zion averaging 29 ppg is lol funny...and basing it off 3 preseason games is even funnier.  There will be highs and lows, some 30 point games, maybe even a 40 point game here and there, and then there will be some 6 point, got in foul trouble games mixed in as well.  Got him 41st in my ultra competitive big money 12 man league, wasn't even planning on drafting him, but he fell so I took a shot.. I'd be happy with 19ppg, 6-8 boards with a 60% fg% and think 1 steal and 1 block a game all should be obtainable (I think the zero blocks so far is a little fluky).  But in my lifetime the most dominant force I can remember coming in and dominating the way Zion is trying to, was Shaq, and he got all the minutes and shots he could handle, and still only averaged 23.  I think it would be hard for Zion to top that, but we'll see. 

Edited by TheChamp
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheChamp said:

Please delete this post, meant to edit an error and accidentally posted again.

Edited by TheChamp

Needs to lose weight? The way he plays and shifts his weight must be tough on his knees. I noticed he jumps and contorts his body in weird angles. His knees will take a beating this season at 285 pounds.