Trench Mob

Zion Williamson 2019-2020 Outlook

On 10/17/2019 at 1:30 PM, TheChamp said:

Zion averaging 29 ppg is lol funny...and basing it off 3 preseason games is even funnier.  There will be highs and lows, some 30 point games, maybe even a 40 point game here and there, and then there will be some 6 point, got in foul trouble games mixed in as well.  Got him 41st in my ultra competitive big money 12 man league, wasn't even planning on drafting him, but he fell so I took a shot.. I'd be happy with 19ppg, 6-8 boards with a 60% fg% and think 1 steal and 1 block a game all should be obtainable (I think the zero blocks so far is a little fluky).  But in my lifetime the most dominant force I can remember coming in and dominating the way Zion is trying to, was Shaq, and he got all the minutes and shots he could handle, and still only averaged 23.  I think it would be hard for Zion to top that, but we'll see. 

well said and great comparison with Rookie Shaq

Woj just tweeted

A severe injury has been ruled out for Zion Williamson’s right knee, but he is expected to miss period of weeks to start regular season, league sources tell ESPN. Pels are clearly treating injury with an abundance of caution but there’s no shortage of confidence on full recovery.

He plays such an insanely explosive game for a guy of his size that it almost seems as though he is a ticking time bomb for injuries. I hope I am wrong but now we are talking about back to back years with "semi-serious" knee injuries. 

On 10/15/2019 at 4:44 AM, atlantadynasty said:

Main concern is he doesn't destroy that knee. For a guy with his weight landing on those knees could be worrying in the long run but should have a good year nonetheless 

Said it a few days ago and I guess I was right. Probably he is out first 2 weeks I would imagine

Edited by atlantadynasty

Semi Disaster for fantasy. Proper disaster in real. Opening night pels v raps just went into the stinker.

Edited by Pirate
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dfstout said:

Yea this sux...this also why you save your draft for the last possible day...

Or even better just do it after all-star break. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, dfstout said:

Melli, Kendrich, or Ingram to the 4 and JJ starts Im thinkin

aughh... too bad. here i was thinking jahlil can pick up some time while zion is recovering

17 minutes ago, dfstout said:

Yea this sux...this also why you save your draft for the last possible day...

Could go either way. We’ve seen his adp rise to around 2-early3rd round this past week but before preseason he was going 4-5th round. This injury is a bummer but there are advantages to drafting early as well. I got Thybulle in waivers, he’ll probably be drafted here on out.

Anyway, goodluck Zion owners. Handcuff Melli for now.

Edited by boytoy
  • Like 2

I wonder:

1. Who gets the biggest bump?

2. How this ripples down to players like NAW?

Early Take:

* Biggest bumps might be to Favors and Reddick

* Might hurt the value of some players who were going to benefit from playing with Zion (namely assists to the guards)

1 minute ago, chaiway said:

I wonder:

1. Who gets the biggest bump?

2. How this ripples down to players like NAW?

Early Take:

* Biggest bumps might be to Favors and Reddick

* Might hurt the value of some players who were going to benefit from playing with Zion (namely assists to the guards)

Favors looked like trash thus far and this pushes him back into the top 75.  I think Lonzo and Jrue benefit more than Reddick.

• Thanks 1

I think it is Nicolo Melli who benefits the most  while Zion is out.  Experienced euro veteran with good size  (6' 9") who can make 3s, has good handle on the ball and can run. 

• Like 2

I didn't draft Zion as I wanted no part of the FT drain.  But as a fan of his game and who was looking forward to watching him Tuesday, this sucks.

But I think he should be fine tho.  I don't think it is serious, but teams are learning the lesson now that when you bring guys back with a leg injury too early, they are more susceptible to a more serious injury.  They are just being extra cautious.  This extra cautious behavior is the new NBA.    

40 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Favors looked like trash thus far and this pushes him back into the top 75.  I think Lonzo and Jrue benefit more than Reddick.

Agreed wrt favors. His owners got a lucky break.