2ndCitySox

2019 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

2 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Padres also in on Syndergaard 

Meh.   

Noah (refuse to call him “Thor” anymore) and Wheeler have definitely underperformed in the first half but they are both solid targets for some contenders. I could see the Padres benefiting big time from one or both of these guys in their rotation. 

As a Wheeler owner, love to see him San Diego.  As a Met fan, they should be able to get something worthwhile.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mongeese said:

As a Wheeler owner, love to see him San Diego.  As a Met fan, they should be able to get something worthwhile.

Wheeler is a rental I believe. Not going to garner much. Syndergaard would bring back something significant.

18 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

The Indians rotation will be a bit dicey without Bauer. 

Kluber- subpar year before fracturing his forearm. could be back in a few weeks. 

Clevinger - not ready after his back issues

The Beebs - TBD. He's having a good season but he's basically been a bum slayer. you can only play who's on your schedule, I get it, but he hasn't really fared well in games  against good teams. 

Carrasco - may not pitch this year.

Plutko  - fine 5th starter. 

Salazar - dunno if they are going to try and start him but he'd a lotto ticket. 

Bauer has been volatile but he can be really good, and he has playoff experience. If the Indians believe they can compete without him, then I have an invisible spaceship they might be interested in. 

trust me, it's a fast ship. 

You missed Plesac. He's better than Plutko. As was stated earlier I think you are underestimating Clevinger and Bieber. Both of those guys are the future anchors of the staff. Kluber and Salazar should be back. Carrasco is the only one I'd be worried about making a comeback. What if they trade Bauer and get someone like Deivi Garcia or Whitley? I think the future of the rotation looks very good for Cleveland no matter what happens.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tywalson said:

Noah (refuse to call him “Thor” anymore) and Wheeler have definitely underperformed in the first half but they are both solid targets for some contenders. I could see the Padres benefiting big time from one or both of these guys in their rotation. 

If Thor was a Puerto Rican pitcher named Juan Alvarez, he’d be on waivers in some leagues.

instead, he’s THOR

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, CounterPunch said:

You missed Plesac. He's better than Plutko. As was stated earlier I think you are underestimating Clevinger and Bieber. Both of those guys are the future anchors of the staff. Kluber and Salazar should be back. Carrasco is the only one I'd be worried about making a comeback. What if they trade Bauer and get someone like Deivi Garcia or Whitley? I think the future of the rotation looks very good for Cleveland no matter what happens.

can you trust Plesac this year ?

I just think there's a lot of possible outcomes for the rotations success, but it would take a lot of things to break right for it to succeed without Bauer 

1 minute ago, 2ndCitySox said:

can you trust Plesac this year ?

I just think there's a lot of possible outcomes for the rotations success, but it would take a lot of things to break right for it to succeed without Bauer 

If they wait to trade Bauer till the offseason they are strictly looking to compete this year. If they deal him at the deadline they can get a better return that helps them at least stay in contention this year and in future years. Its that simple.

As for Plesac, I think he will be just ok in the 2nd half. He will have bad starts and good starts. Good enough for a #4/5 starter in the rotation and thats fine. The rotation is never gonna be as good as it was last year, at least for awhile.

29 minutes ago, CounterPunch said:

If they wait to trade Bauer till the offseason they are strictly looking to compete this year. If they deal him at the deadline they can get a better return that helps them at least stay in contention this year and in future years. Its that simple.

As for Plesac, I think he will be just ok in the 2nd half. He will have bad starts and good starts. Good enough for a #4/5 starter in the rotation and thats fine. The rotation is never gonna be as good as it was last year, at least for awhile.

yeah the whole selling but trying to compete thing is tough, especially since they don't have a lot of margin. I'm guessing the next few weeks will determine their course of action. 

• Like 1

edit: never mind, read through the last page

Edited by jfazz23

3 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

anyone think indians move Bauer or Clevinger?

Bauer yes, Clevinger, NO

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

as long as the Padres dont include Gore, Patino or Urias, go for it

might be able to build a deal around Reyes, Morejon, Mejia, Edwards for Thor and Conforto

The Mets SHOULDN'T accept less than at least one of those three. He's still under control for 2 more years, why sell him low now? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, LoGo said:

The Mets SHOULDN'T accept less than at least one of those three. He's still under control for 2 more years, why sell him low now? 

Padres wouldn’t include any of the 3 for realmuto

18 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

as long as the Padres dont include Gore, Patino or Urias, go for it

might be able to build a deal around Reyes, Morejon, Mejia, Edwards for Thor and Conforto

Geez, optimistic much?

I don't see how that package is even relatively close for Noah and Conforto.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

Padres wouldn’t include any of the 3 for realmuto

Then they wont get them. There are 28 other teams out there. Noah goes to the team willing the pay the most, not the fairest.

• Like 1

I am sure the GMs are salivating at the thought of taking the Mets GM behind the ol' woodshed in a deal. We really don't know what he's looking for? Prospects v young controllable MLB players...or dumping some money due to demands from upstairs? He clearly mishandled/mis-valued his own prospect in Kelenic (maybe Dunn) and generally made awful signings of vet players. Maybe one smart move in adding JD Davis, but that is about all I can see?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slatykamora said:

Then they wont get them. There are 28 other teams out there. Noah goes to the team willing the pay the most, not the fairest.

They have said they are looking for a deal similar to cole. Which had no top prospects. 

Padres 4- 10 is as strong as a lot of teams top 3. They don’t need to include gore or Patiño 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sngehl01 said:

Geez, optimistic much?

I don't see how that package is even relatively close for Noah and Conforto.

Reyes >>> conforto. Mejia Morejon and Edwards are 3 top 100 prospects. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

Franmil Reyes? More valuable than Conforto?

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

Franmil Reyes? More valuable than Conforto?

Given the extra years of control on Franmil, I could see the argument that their current trade values are similar. But to suggest Franmil is a better player is pretty ridiculous and someone’s Padres bias is showing again. Conforto already has 4.4 and 3.0 WAR seasons under his belt despite a shoulder injury cutting 1 season short and hindering part of the other. I’m a big Franmil fan but I don’t think he’ll ever sniff a season >3 WAR given his shortcomings.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

Then I don't see the point in why SD does that if that's the general feeling.

Edwards and Morejon may be top 100 prospects, but when you get outside of the top 50/75 there is a giant cluster of next level talents. Edwards falls in there. The difference between him and many guys not on a top 100 list can be minimal. Morejon keeps getting hit hard.

I don't think it's close, or anywhere near enough, but I can see why someone would. I think they are better off holding Conforto as opposed to moving him for Reyes, especially if that's eating into the value they get for Syndergaard. Smith has done well enough in LF, McNeil slides out there, but could be the 3B as well. But Reyes is terrible on defense, and Conforto plays CF (even if he's not great, which I don't know).

I just don't see the Mets taking a marginal upgrade over Conforto (which, again, I don't think Reyes is an upgrade at all) to eat into the value they get for Syndergaard.

Morejon, IMO, is a good example of TINSTAAPP because, regardless of any kind of ranking, I'm just not impressed with the kid. He's too hittable, walks too many, and gives up too many HR IMO, but does have a good K rate. 

I think 1 of Urias, Gore, or Patino have to be included, or it's a non starter.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I am sure the GMs are salivating at the thought of taking the Mets GM behind the ol' woodshed in a deal. We really don't know what he's looking for? Prospects v young controllable MLB players...or dumping some money due to demands from upstairs? He clearly mishandled/mis-valued his own prospect in Kelenic (maybe Dunn) and generally made awful signings of vet players. Maybe one smart move in adding JD Davis, but that is about all I can see?

If they trade Noah and/or Wheeler,  the Mets will clearly need some young starting pitching.  They have nada down on the farm ready to contribute.

JD Davis needs the rest of this year to show he can be a starter next year by playing everyday.   I think Todd Frazier gets moved real soon.

1 hour ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

If they trade Noah and/or Wheeler,  the Mets will clearly need some young starting pitching.  They have nada down on the farm ready to contribute.

JD Davis needs the rest of this year to show he can be a starter next year by playing everyday.   I think Todd Frazier gets moved real soon.

Where exactly are all those imaginary suitors clambering for Todd Frazier?

Someone was asking about if Cal Quantril gets back in SD's rotation.  I see him as more of a piece in a package to be traded.  SD has major league ready young pitchers under team control like this guy or Logan Allen to dangle out there and the ability to put this "quantity" package together of both them and good prospects in a nice combo package.  But neither they nor any other team want a Todd Frazier back.  Everyone want a really good starter and relief help.  Not some old guy dumped on them.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory