PaddyAustralia

R.J Barrett 2019-2020 Outlook

We all see the numbers.  I haven't seen him play other than highlights.  Is his FT form really bad or is he just missing?

Anyone here have shares of him in keeper leagues? Not sure how high to value him but my specific league is Able to keep for up to 3 years & I got him 9th round, so I’m tentatively giving him HUGE value. 

To paint the picture, I’ve declined Dejounte Murray, j rich and now draymond in straight up deals for him. Anyone else have this situation and getting better deals sent your way? I’m curious if we have a star on our hands or another Wiggins, but obviously hard to tell so early. Any insight?

Don’t think this is an AC post but if it is, I’m sorry just trying to gauge value

13 minutes ago, TSnyd said:

Anyone here have shares of him in keeper leagues? Not sure how high to value him but my specific league is Able to keep for up to 3 years & I got him 9th round, so I’m tentatively giving him HUGE value. 

To paint the picture, I’ve declined Dejounte Murray, j rich and now draymond in straight up deals for him. Anyone else have this situation and getting better deals sent your way? I’m curious if we have a star on our hands or another Wiggins, but obviously hard to tell so early. Any insight?

Don’t think this is an AC post but if it is, I’m sorry just trying to gauge value

Id gladly take any of those 3 over barrett, unless a points league. Problem with barrett is that his ft% and to are probably going to be atrocious for a couple more years at least. Unless you're a punt ft guy he wont fit a lot of rosters. Hes is seemingly putting up good stats but when you check his ranking, it's still like 150+ because if his glaring faults. I'd jump on any of those trades asap and sell barrett. 

13 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

Id gladly take any of those 3 over barrett, unless a points league. Problem with barrett is that his ft% and to are probably going to be atrocious for a couple more years at least. Unless you're a punt ft guy he wont fit a lot of rosters. Hes is seemingly putting up good stats but when you check his ranking, it's still like 150+ because if his glaring faults. I'd jump on any of those trades asap and sell barrett. 

I apologize for not saying in the initial post but I AM punt FT% standard 9-cat; does that change your overall stance on him?

I was going back and forth on the j rich and draymond deals, so this is good to know.

4 minutes ago, TSnyd said:

I apologize for not saying in the initial post but I AM punt FT% standard 9-cat; does that change your overall stance on him?

I was going back and forth on the j rich and draymond deals, so this is good to know.

It changes only regarding J rich. I'd take Draymond or Murray. Maybe with steph going down Murray would be the best move if you think you can contend this year. Wouldn't trade for J rich otherwise and if you take Draymond you need to have the points to make up for his lack. Murray all day in punt ft%. 

• Like 1

He's like James Harden but instead of making shots he misses them

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, TSnyd said:

As in you took RJ OVER those guys?

I think RJ will be the biggest bust of the draft. Honestly haven't seen an overhyped prospect help his team lose as much as RJ in as long as I can remember. Zion should have had that national championship in the bag but how do you win a national championship with a usage sucker like Barrett losing every chance he can get? You must see a completely different player but even since getting drafted, the world's biggest market for a guy who dominates the spotlight and then gets routinely embarrassed? I dunno man...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

I think RJ will be the biggest bust of the draft. Honestly haven't seen an overhyped prospect help his team lose as much as RJ in as long as I can remember. Zion should have had that national championship in the bag but how do you win a national championship with a usage sucker like Barrett losing every chance he can get? You must see a completely different player but even since getting drafted, the world's biggest market for a guy who dominates the spotlight and then gets routinely embarrassed? I dunno man...

Zion and RJ scored about the same every game except one guy made 70% from the field, the other, 40s%. I still can't comprehend why coach K allowed that to happen... when a guy is as efficient as zion, you would think he would take more or the most shots!? Tell barrett to chill out! Nope... so confusing. 

Lots of zions shots were on lobs but he would still be elite in fg% and pts without the lobs and more offense running through him. That season seriously made me doubt Coach Ks history as winningest coach. Barrett's got potential but he is not a winner (a true Knickerbocker he is). Unless he was trying to keep Zion healthy, it's a true mystery to me. That's one of many reasons I'm so high on zion or was pre injury (still am). Barrett and others stole lots of his college thunder even with zion having maybe the best college stats ever. Zion would have cleared 30 a game no doubt in the right circumstances and led their team to the chip. Team ball is nice but when your team has zion Williamson on it, your team job is getting the ball to Zion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pushaZ said:

Don’t be attention to this guy, he’s absolutely trolling. In a dynasty league you’re fine declining those offers. Maybe Murray was a bad move but you could argue RJ. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ShopHeirlooms said:

Don’t be attention to this guy, he’s absolutely trolling. In a dynasty league you’re fine declining those offers. Maybe Murray was a bad move but you could argue RJ. 

I'm actually not trolling, you really have a stats based argument in defense of this guy? I've never seen so many counting stats and opportunities in my life for a guy who can't crack top 150 in cat leagues. He won't just hurt you in FT, he'll singlehandedly destroy the category. Bad FG% too, don't see how it gets much better if he can't shoot well in college next to Zion.

I love the usage and opportunity and all, but here's what I don't like: for a player on your roster with abysmal FT%, you'd think you'll be getting C-like FG%, rbs and blk numbers, but you're not. So what is the point of having a player like this on your roster? Are his occasional 3s enough to offset this?

I have him in one of my main leagues, so this is an actual question I posit.

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2019 at 8:53 PM, ellejamil said:

I love the usage and opportunity and all, but here's what I don't like: for a player on your roster with abysmal FT%, you'd think you'll be getting C-like FG%, rbs and blk numbers, but you're not. So what is the point of having a player like this on your roster? Are his occasional 3s enough to offset this?

I have him in one of my main leagues, so this is an actual question I posit.

I just traded him for Harrison Barnes because the ft pct is just too much of a liability. I'm not even high on harrison barnes, and he's gonna be borderline rosterable in 10 team once his steals regress, but I've been trying to trade barrett for a week and a half now and my leagues too savvy to be distracted from his ft pct by his counting stats and real life upside

If he's your only bad ft shooter it might be manageable, but I also have westbrook.  I have a super aggressive/risky 3 category punt build (fg/to/blocks), so I can't afford to be a mediocre overall ft team on top of that (I also have harden which neutralizes westbrook by himself). Had to basically keep RJ on the bench all week last week to win ft even with harden hitting like 60 fts, and for my specific build, he's borderline unplayable 

I really underestimated how bad of a hit RJ would be, and its the combination of his pct and his volume. Its a shame because I think the punt ft team I traded him to will get value out of him, as he's already the Knicks alpha and primary ballhandler/playmaker, and with how much he's handling the ball, imo he has 20/5/5 with 1 stl/ 1 3pm upside (maybe not averaged over the whole season, but from asb onward maybe). 

It's gonna be interesting to see where he gets drafted next year. 

Edited by blazeh
  • Thanks 1

I will probably have to trade this guy.  Wow...i can't believe his FT shooting. 

Its pathetic.

He shoots FTs like Shaq.

Edited by DLG10

On 11/7/2019 at 12:55 PM, DLG10 said:

I will probably have to trade this guy.  Wow...i can't believe his FT shooting. 

Its pathetic.

He shoots FTs like Shaq.

you wont find anyone that will give you s--- for him. So theres that 

• Like 2

I mean, if you paid attention to his college stats you should've known he was Tony Wroten part II. Nothing shocking about his inefficiency.

Been trying to trade him for guys like Ingles, Dragic, smart no ones interested. His pts ast rbs don't offset his horrible %s and this guy is looking like a potential drop. He was never a good ft% shooter but the fact that hes getting to line so often is killing teams more than maybe anyone in the NBA, as a point guard too... unless you're legit on a punt both % team this guy may be unownable and untradeable. Considering holding and not playing him to see if he gets any better but I'm probably wasting my time. His +200 ranking isn't a fluke! 

Edited by johnval1362

i feel like he’ll struggle with consistency all year and then go off post all-star break.

if you watch him play irl u can tell he has a superstar mentality.. usually that turns into something on poor teams around february/march 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

2018-19 Westbrook is this you?

if it was people wouldnt be complaining as much about the kid. considering he seems to be leveling out at 14 6 and 3 as his stats with 40/35/45 shooting is scary, im in a close ft% and assist week this week and if he plays like a dud tomorrow he will need to go cause i cant afford his shooting negatives and his other cateogries arent really super impressive over other waiver picks.

On 11/8/2019 at 11:42 PM, Code of Hammurabi said:

you wont find anyone that will give you s--- for him. So theres that 

I can't give this guy away.,

I got Will Barton out of him. Can't be more happier. He had the perfect storm for early season. Fizdale doing his "let the kid play" shtick and he was having a blast. Now he is scouted out and the fatigue starts to hit. He should make a decent end of a season spurt, but its going to be a rough ride before that.