1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Rams east on a diet

Aj green=robert woods role

Boyd=cooper kupp role

Difference is andy loves AJ so he will have more targets and red zone targets unlike woods.

This thread is apparently going to keep going in circles. I would have gone ahead and just ended it with the last time his contract situation was discussed. IMO that is the real issue here and unless/until that issue is resolved, he will not be playing. He's had a front row seat to see the sorry excuse for a football team he's on - if I were him I'd be relaxing and waiting to become a FA at the end of the season. That is his only ticket to any sort of post-season success at this late stage of his career.

37 minutes ago, bearcatcheech said:

Rams east on a diet

Boyd=cooper kupp role

Difference is andy loves AJ so he will have more targets and red zone targets unlike woods.

This... Literally... Makes zero sense.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

There are a lot of Twitter rumors/speculation about AJ Green getting traded. I’m seeing speculation about the Bills and others are joking about how of course the Patriots will trade for him. I’m surprised no mention of it here. Is there any chance he gets dealt?

4 minutes ago, TheForearmShiver said:

There are a lot of Twitter rumors/speculation about AJ Green getting traded. I’m seeing speculation about the Bills and others are joking about how of course the Patriots will trade for him. I’m surprised no mention of it here. Is there any chance he gets dealt?

I can confirm with absolute certainty that there is between a 0 - 100% chance he gets traded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

I can confirm with absolute certainty that there is between a 0 - 100% chance he gets traded.

200.webp?cid=790b7611d4072c4989957e8cc34

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, TheForearmShiver said:

I'd take this guy on the dolphins

3 hours ago, bearcatcheech said:

Rams east on a diet

Boyd=cooper kupp role

I don't know what you've been smoking... but I want some.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bearcatcheech said:

Rams east on a diet

Boyd=cooper kupp role

yea, if they still had Andrew Whitworth maybe

2 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I'd take this guy on the dolphins

Don’t think Miami is looking to buy 31 year old players with large contracts at this stage.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

Don’t think Miami is looking to buy 31 year old players with large contracts at this stage.

I think he means he would take AJ on his fantasy team regardless of which NFL team he plays for...

As a JuJu owner this year, I don't agree though.  There are some receiver black holes out there that can erase even the best players it seems.

• Like 1

Green/Boyd owner. Also have Dalton  as a backup. Week 7 sounds good for a Green return. Using up valuable bench space. Trying to imagine a week where I rollout all three of them, thinking I have too many pieces of this offense.

Dalton’s yardage has been decreasing since Week 1 and he’s been sacked 18 times (8x on Monday). They’ve been outscored 62-30 in first half. 10 giveaways (league worst). 30 penalties. Now Ross gone. Boost for Boyd and maybe Tate. Be interesting to see how they fare against the Cards this week.

Edited by luckBbrady

12 hours ago, esprits4s said:

I think he means he would take AJ on his fantasy team regardless of which NFL team he plays for...

As a JuJu owner this year, I don't agree though.  There are some receiver black holes out there that can erase even the best players it seems.

I was talking about real life football. Anything to make them interesting at this point

I expected week 3-5 at time of draft,  now my guess is as good as anyone’s.   Going to be case by case hold or drop for team’s depending on needs/records.  I’m trying to hold everywhere I can.   Miss you AJG!   Come back! 

16 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

I'm expecting him to return week 7. 

At this point, that'd be nice. I just keep hearing the The final round of Jeopardy music playing on a loop in my head 🤯

According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, interested teams would be willing to trade a first-round pick for A.J. Green should the Bengals make him available.

Green would need to prove he's healthy first—an ankle injury has kept him out since late July—though the seven-time Pro Bowler would obviously be a major trade chip for the winless Bengals, who are probably looking at a lengthy rebuild under rookie head coach Zac Taylor. Entering the final year of his contract, Green reportedly has no plans to sign an extension, which could prompt the Bengals to start fielding offers for him. La Canfora named the Patriots and Saints as two teams that could be in the market for a pass-catcher. Green and teammate Tyler Eifert would certainly fit the bill.

This rumor HAS to be started by the Bengals haha If they got a 1st rounder for a banged up 31 year old receiver, omdg it would be highway robbery. It ain’t happenin haha

He needs to be traded before Week 9. I have too many byes that week. A lot of good WRs have Week 9 byes.

• Like 1