1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

16 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Pitt will go after him, and CIN will get to see him twice a year.

Man I hope it's not Pitt. We see what Juju's doing there. That might even be a worse situation than Cincy. 

16 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

I seriously doubt it. The Steelers should be sellers not buyers. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Man I hope it's not Pitt. We see what Juju's doing there. That might even be a worse situation than Cincy. 

It won't be. It makes no sense for a 2-4 team to invest in Green. Pittsburgh fans don't want to admit it, but this is a lost season. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LionKid90 said:

Definitely. If A.J. gets traded you probably can’t start him until his second, maybe third game with that team. And even then he may be limited due to the play book. With Cincy, he can jump in right away and put up numbers.

I think that's overblown.  AB had 8 targets, 4 catches for 56 yards and a TD after being on the team for a week.  And he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

23 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Huh? That’s makes no sense. Why would he want to go to that s--- show at the end of his career? And why the hell would Pitt want an old WR? Pitt is toast. If AJ getting traded it’s going to be to a team with some chance at the playoffs. 

9 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

It absolutely is a worse situation, they have a better defense and a worse QB situation.

But I wouldn't worry, they won't trade him in division.

They probably won't trade him at all.  His cap number is enormous.

Which teams would potentially trade for him?  Also, I'm not well versed in the financial aspect of this type of stuff, but I'm sure there are teams that would love him but don't have the finances or draft capital/players to get him.

Aside from that, from a purely football perspective, I would think the following teams would be interested because they are contenders and WR needy -

1.  Eagles

2.  Bills

3.  Raiders (I know it's a stretch that they are contenders, but they are 3-2)

4.  49ers?

Other than these, I don't really see a team trading for him.  Who am I missing?  We can throw the Pats in but I think they only got AB because he was dirt cheap.  I don't think they would have done that otherwise.  AJ not gonna be cheap to get.

Edited by Brownsfan74

So if he plays this week for Cincy are we starting without hesitation boys?

40 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I just don't see the argument (for Cincy) for keeping him. He's not young and has already shown signs of a decline and they have other young WRs waiting in the wings. Stock up on draft picks and rebuild the dumpster fire of sustained mediocrity that Marvin Lewis created during his tenure. 

If this were Madden, I'd agree with you.  Sometimes these guys stay put because of their locker room value, the value to the franchise of seeing them retire in Bengals colors, etc.  He might have his family settled and not want to move.  That said, if he wants a shot at a ring he would be pushing for a trade, and I haven't heard anything from him or his agent.

4 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Which teams would potentially trade for him?  Also, I'm not well versed in the financial aspect of this type of stuff, but I'm sure there are teams that would love him but don't have the finances or draft capital/players to get him.

Aside from that, from a purely football perspective, I would think the following teams would be interested because they are contenders and WR needy -

1.  Eagles

2.  Bills

4.  49ers?

Other than these, I don't really see a team trading for him.  Who am I missing?  We can throw the Pats in but I think they only got AB because he was dirt cheap.  I don't think they would have done that otherwise.  AJ not gonna be cheap to get.

Ravens and Panthers lack a WR and are in the hunt. I doubt Ravens are getting him since they are in division.

Just now, Brownsfan74 said:

1.  Eagles

2.  Bills

4.  Eagles

5.  49ers?

If you're asking about possible scenarios, the Cowboys and Colts seem most likely to me.

Eagles have Alshon and DeSean, so I don't see it.  Raiders just traded for Zay Jones and are managing their expenses for the Vegas move.  Bill's just traded Zay and seem to like Duke Williams.

Jerrah is of course always game for a big splash and the Cowboys have space, and the Colts have a ton of room.

If Cooper or Hilton continue to miss time AJ becomes a hot priority.

But yeah, AJ has a 12 million dollar cap number.  You prorate it and it's still 8 million for like 8-10 games.  Probably ain't gonna happen. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Not sure I agree with this. I'm sure other teams can work him out / give him a physical before they trade for him. 

I’m pretty sure they can’t. 

5 minutes ago, JooCraig said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611cfe2d9c7df1b9a3237

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I think that's overblown.  AB had 8 targets, 4 catches for 56 yards and a TD after being on the team for a week.  And he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

He was an outlier. How long did it take Josh Gordon when NE got him?

8 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

If you're asking about possible scenarios, the Cowboys and Colts seem most likely to me.

Eagles have Alshon and DeSean, so I don't see it.  Raiders just traded for Zay Jones and are managing their expenses for the Vegas move.  Bill's just traded Zay and seem to like Duke Williams.

Jerrah is of course always game for a big splash and the Cowboys have space, and the Colts have a ton of room.

If Cooper or Hilton continue to miss time AJ becomes a hot priority.

But yeah, AJ has a 12 million dollar cap number.  You prorate it and it's still 8 million for like 8-10 games.  Probably ain't gonna happen. 

Yeah.  Just that last statement makes me think AJ is gonna either play for Cin or sit all year.  Trade doesn't seem like it's gonna happen because of the money.  Also, I don't know if any team out there thinks a WR puts them over the top.

4 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

He was an outlier. How long did it take Josh Gordon when NE got him?

Edit - I looked it up.  He was traded on Sept 17th.  He likely had to go through a physical and all that.  He played on Sept 30th.

Edited by Brownsfan74

4 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Yeah.  Just that last statement makes me think AJ is gonna either play for Cin or sit all year.  Trade doesn't seem like it's gonna happen because of the money.  Also, I don't know if any team out there thinks a WR puts them over the top.

I think he'll play Sunday.

He was back at practice last week.  Taylor ruled him out the previous two Mondays, today he's noncommital.

AJ's a gamer, and he has shown the flag for Cincy for a long time.  He may have been overly cautious coming off foot surgery being 31 and a FA next year knowing his next contract will likely be his last, but I suspect he's good to go.  We'll see though, I could be wrong.

3 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Edit - I looked it up.  He was traded on Sept 17th.  He likely had to go through a physical and all that.  He played on Sept 30th.

With Gordon, he was traded on Sept 17th, which was a Monday.  You figure he had to arrange moving and all that so the earliest he would have been with the Patriots is probably Wednesday.  He didn't play that Sunday, but he played the following Sunday.

On 10/7/2019 at 1:56 PM, FitzMagic said:

I have a feeling he will end up in Green Bay. It makes sense with what may be a lingering issue for Adams and if he is able to play through it a good WR combo for Rodgers. It's a win-win. WRs after Adams right now are pathetic.

Just got worse for GB

13 hours ago, JooCraig said:

Definitely not. There'd be hesitation regardless but if Ramsey plays he's an easy sit. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

1.  Eagles

2.  Bills

4.  49ers?

Eagles have needs much outside WR, including LB and CB. If they’re shelling out future picks, chances are it’s for a CB.

49ers would be interesting.

16 hours ago, JooCraig said:

Depends on your depth at WR I guess but you just saw what happened with Hunter Henry when lots of people were hesitant to start him. Sure AJ could drop a dud but I can't imagine him being ranked lower than mid-range WR2 even first game back with subpar matchup.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JooCraig said:

I will. Enough time has passed for his health to concern me. With or without Jalen, Jax should destroy Cinc leaving plenty of time for them to work AJG in late. 

9 minutes ago, Neauxls said:

I will. Enough time has passed for his health to concern me. With or without Jalen, Jax should destroy Cinc leaving plenty of time for them to work AJG in late. 

I highly doubt Jax destroys anyone outside of maybe Miami.  And what does “enough time” mean?   I would consider it to be enough time if Green has been pain free and fully practicing for an entire week.  We’ll see.  

Ramseys status bears watching. 

Yahoo! just updated his status to questionable. Hmmm.....in a way I'm happy but at the same time I had to drop a player so I can make a move on waivers tomorrow.