1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Kicker spots are more reliable than def spots.  Kickers rarely only give you 3 to 0 points unlike some defenses.

 

#KickersArePeopleToo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, pdizzle710 said:

 

#KickersArePeopleToo

They are, absolutely, people too.

They just happen to be people who are spectators to human beings putting themselves into car wrecks 60 times in a three hour period then have an inexplicable impact on the end outcome based on them kicking a ball through some sticks or not.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rams next week with Ramsey, that ain't happening. Just gotta cross our fingers for a trade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

They are, absolutely, people too.

They just happen to be people who are spectators to human beings putting themselves into car wrecks 60 times in a three hour period then have an inexplicable impact on the end outcome based on them kicking a ball through some sticks or not.

Its hard as hell to hit a 50 yd field goal.  I don't think people realize this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Its hard as hell to hit a 50 yd field goal.  I don't think people realize this.

It's also hard as hell to bounce a quarter into a shotglass after a handle of Jim Beam, but I don't think that should decide football games either.  :)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2019 at 1:33 PM, FitzMagic said:

Hopefully Yahoo puts him as "Out" now.

 

How cool would it be if your last name was “Dragon”? 😎😂👍🏻

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I said back on page 3, 4, - back in the day - he was not going to be long for the Bengals. Got a lot of sheeet for it. This is his contract year. His team is 0-6. He has nothing to lose by sitting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How old is he? Any reason the Bengals wouldn't re-sign him next year? (Besides having 100 other needs that is?) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bomont said:

How old is he? Any reason the Bengals wouldn't re-sign him next year? (Besides having 100 other needs that is?) 

According to Google.com he is apparently 31.

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Niners and Bills are the only teams that worry me on that list. A few would be absolute gold. NE, Sea, NO, GB. 

 

Wut?  He could be gold on the Niners.  JimmyG to AJG literally all day long.  They have no one but Kittle to catch passes.  I'd rather have him there than Seattle for sure.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

Wut?  He could be gold on the Niners.  JimmyG to AJG literally all day long.  They have no one but Kittle to catch passes.  I'd rather have him there than Seattle for sure.  

I don't want to get off topic so I'll be conservative and say Wilson is just a top 5 or so QB. Not a ton of options there either with Dissly out. SF doesn't seem to want to throw, and Wilson is MUCH better than Jimmy G IMO. Wilson's made borderline WR1s out of some fairly mediocre talent, just imagine what he'd do with AJ. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what have people seen from Jimmy G this year that would make them think he's really good? He's been serviceable. I get it, ESPN praises him, he plays for a classic franchise, undefeated, some would say, handsome, but really, with how great the OC and run game is, Jimmy G should be putting up much better numbers

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Chippa said:

what have people seen from Jimmy G this year that would make them think he's really good? He's been serviceable. I get it, ESPN praises him, he plays for a classic franchise, undefeated, some would say, handsome, but really, with how great the OC and run game is, Jimmy G should be putting up much better numbers

I used to think Jimmy G was extremely talented based on limited action that I'd seen in stints with both NE and SF. Since then, hes looked underwhelming,  though certainly not 'incapable'. I think the game plan is for him to play more of a game manager role because of the legitimate defense they are flexing this season as well as the fact that Shanahan knows how to get the most out of the ground game. 

With all that being said, I do think SF is lacking WR talent, but even with the addition of a guy such as AJ Green, I dont think it would change SF's philosophy by much. AJ would probably do much better statistically then whatever they have currently, but I dont think they would change their offensive identity "too" much. Although it would open up things for sure.

I dont think SF is necessarily the best landing spot for AJ for those reasons, but I dont think he'd suck by any means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I don't want to get off topic so I'll be conservative and say Wilson is just a top 5 or so QB. Not a ton of options there either with Dissly out. SF doesn't seem to want to throw, and Wilson is MUCH better than Jimmy G IMO. Wilson's made borderline WR1s out of some fairly mediocre talent, just imagine what he'd do with AJ. 

 

Wilson has never been able to support multiple fantasy receivers and that doesn't look to change.  He can barely get the ball to DK Metcalf.  He's locks in on Lockett.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

Wilson has never been able to support multiple fantasy receivers and that doesn't look to change.  He can barely get the ball to DK Metcalf.  He's locks in on Lockett.

But Green is better than Lockett, so I think it's pretty safe to assume AJ's the guy Wilson would lock on to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

idk if you guys know this, but, the Bengals are 3rd in the NFL in pass attempts. I feel like you want your receivers to be on a team that throws the ball a lot. 

 

Boyd does well for them, Green will do well for them

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Cincy is the ideal spot, if he'll actually suit up for them. Horrible defense and can't run the ball. 

He would do ok on Seattle and SF but both of those teams are run heavy. Yes Russell Wilson is an awesome QB but they often play conservative and don't turn him loose. There would be lots of games where Carson had 30 touches while Green got like 3-4 targets and his owners were having aneurisms. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.