1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

9 minutes ago, tekashi26ix said:

You have to imagine bill offered a first for AJ before sending a second for Sanu 

Could they afford AJ? AB is still counting like $5M against their 2019 cap number

AJ has proven that he thinks he is bigger than the team.  At least AB and Gordon were transparent and that it was about the Benjamin's during their holdout. AJ has held Cincy hostage with the injury. A great excuse to get paid and get credit for the year and not have to risk injury playing during a final contract year.  We will be talking about this clown act six weeks from now wondering if he is gonna dress or not. 

Cannot see any reasonable NFL team wanting this guy for anything other than a 4th round and some contract relief.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This Sanu deal is absolutely terrible news for those hoping AJ would go to the Pats (I was definitely one). Still some solid options out there but this situation seems to get worse with each passing day. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

This Sanu deal is absolutely terrible news for those hoping AJ would go to the Pats (I was definitely one). Still some solid options out there but this situation seems to get worse with each passing day. 

Bengals seem determined to take him down with the ship.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Sanders was traded for much less and he's a much better receiver than Sanu. One bad trade doesn't change the landscape for WR. 

I was sick of this situation three weeks ago, now it's just sort of settling in at indifference while being crippled with a precious bench spot.

It is what it is.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MonsterMan said:

AJ has proven that he thinks he is bigger than the team.  At least AB and Gordon were transparent and that it was about the Benjamin's during their holdout. AJ has held Cincy hostage with the injury. A great excuse to get paid and get credit for the year and not have to risk injury playing during a final contract year.  We will be talking about this clown act six weeks from now wondering if he is gonna dress or not. 

Cannot see any reasonable NFL team wanting this guy for anything other than a 4th round and some contract relief.

No.

1 hour ago, Mr.STD said:

Sanders was traded for much less and he's a much better receiver than Sanu. One bad trade doesn't change the landscape for WR. 

Sanu is 2 years younger and has an additional year on his contract.    That matters.  

still think the Pats overpayed...but if they want to spend $50 on a hamburger-  who are we to say otherwise 🤷‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Sanu is 2 years younger and has an additional year on his contract.    That matters.  

still think the Pats overpayed...but if they want to spend $50 on a hamburger-  who are we to say otherwise 🤷‍♂️ 

I learned long ago that if they say that hamburger is really a bone in filet that they are somehow right.

43 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I learned long ago that if they say that hamburger is really a bone in filet that they are somehow right.

Sorry, but this makes no sense at all...”they” must love people like you. 

4 minutes ago, RandyShackleford said:

Sorry, but this makes no sense at all...”they” must love people like you. 

Stephon Gilmore, lit up in Buffalo, viewed as an inconsistent mess, now considered maybe the best corner in the league.

Randy Moss, perceived malcontent on his way to washing out of the league in Oakland, broke all of Rice's records in 2007.

Corey Dillon 541 yards in Cincy in 2003, 1500 in 2004.

Mike Vrabel, drafted by the Steelers in the third round, never started a game for them for three years before playing in New England.

I don't even think I need to go through the offensive linemen or Brady's story because we've heard it so many times.

How many teams passed on JR Redmond, LaGarrette Blount, Brandon Bolden, James White...pretty much all of them.

If you don't see a pattern after 18 years of this stuff that they always find a way to get more value out of players than what the general public perceives their value to be, I don't know what else to tell you.  This is what happens.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Stephon Gilmore, lit up in Buffalo, viewed as an inconsistent mess, now considered maybe the best corner in the league.

Randy Moss, perceived malcontent on his way to washing out of the league in Oakland, broke all of Rice's records in 2007.

Mike Vrabel, drafted by the Steelers in the third round, never started a game for them for three years before playing in New England.

I don't even think I need to go through the offensive linemen or Brady's story because we've heard it so many times.

How many teams passed on JR Redmond, LaGarrette Blount, Brandon Bolden, James White...pretty much all of them.

If you don't see a pattern after 18 years of this stuff that they always find a way to get more value out of players than what the general public perceives their value to be, I don't know what else to tell you.  This is what happens.

Point well made, and if I’m wrong I’ll eat crow...but Sanu feels like just another cog in the works of an already phenomenal system. I really doubt he has the opportunity to breakout in the PAT’s offense. A plus up on his value for sure, but only minimally.

27 minutes ago, RandyShackleford said:

Point well made, and if I’m wrong I’ll eat crow...but Sanu feels like just another cog in the works of an already phenomenal system. I really doubt he has the opportunity to breakout in the PAT’s offense. A plus up on his value for sure, but only minimally.

For the record I don't want to own Sanu in fantasy.

I'm just saying if they're playing the Saints in February and he comes down with 9 catches for 130 yards I'm just gonna be like, "yep.  That makes sense."

• Like 2

ESPN Bengals reporter Ben Baby reports A.J. Green (ankle) is unlikely to play Week 8 against the Rams.

Green's debut will have to wait at least another week, and it will be interesting to see if he even suits up for the winless Bengals as the trade deadline comes next Tuesday. In the final year of his deal, Green hasn't seemed interested in an extension with the Bengals showing no tangible signs of progress under first-year coach Zac Taylor.

SOURCE: ESPN.com

giphy.gif

Week 10 is the target boys. If he's not suiting up then, either for the Bengals or another team, it's time to discuss more extreme courses of action. Like rage dropping this fool

3 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Week 10 is the target boys. If he's not suiting up then, either for the Bengals or another team, it's time to discuss more extreme courses of action. Like rage dropping this fool

Im going to enjoy the rage drop come week 10 or 11

Bigger story is the ESPN Bungles beat guy is named "Benny Baby"...no wonder we haven't heard much.

• Haha 1

I make a promise to all of you - if he doesn't play by week 16, I am dropping him and not looking back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

This guy's a cupcake.  Takes 14 weeks to come back from a 6-8 week injury.  Who's going to want to sign him long-term after that.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

This guy's a cupcake.  Takes 14 weeks to come back from a 6-8 week injury.  Who's going to want to sign him long-term after that.

If he doesn't take the field this year it will have been two whole years since he last played. What team is going to give him any sort of decent contract to him without any tape in two years? Injuries sap athletiscm, especially from older players. Green is going to be a 32 year old whos lost the last two years to injury. Perhaps he has nothing left and knows it. He needs to get his bum out there and show he has anything left to offer

We all agree he’s healthy right? Just going full Jalen Ramsey and is “hurt” while waiting out the inevitable trade? 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

bingo.  Sanu is going to be a big part of this passing attack almost from the jump.   It’s what the Pats do.   Target an undervalued asset at a position of need and use it heavily.  

3 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

We all agree he’s healthy right? Just going full Jalen Ramsey and is “hurt” while waiting out the inevitable trade? 

No, we don’t know that.  He’s said the same thing from the very beginning-  won’t come back before fully ready.   Tried that last season and didn’t work out.  

Can’t fault anyone for speculating otherwise...but he hasn’t asked for a trade that I know of.   Or demanded a contract extension.  The people who reported 6-8 weeks originally set false expectations.   AJG never said that.   He’s nowhere near the outspoken,  me first diva that Jalen is.   

• Thanks 1