1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

21 minutes ago, Blazer said:

Some local news from a few hours ago:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/10/23/cincinnati-bengals-wr-a-j-green-return-practice-wednesday/4078046002/

Looks like AJ wants to play, Cin wants to pay. We'll see what happens but it looks like some resolution to this situation is close. I would not drop AJ as some have done. Trade, sure if u can get something of value. FF playoffs are coming and AJ could change the whole outlook of the Cin offense. I have been holding him all year, and will continue. Best of luck to all AJ owners!

Week 10 debut 

31 minutes ago, Blazer said:

Some local news from a few hours ago:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/10/23/cincinnati-bengals-wr-a-j-green-return-practice-wednesday/4078046002/

Looks like AJ wants to play, Cin wants to pay. We'll see what happens but it looks like some resolution to this situation is close. I would not drop AJ as some have done. Trade, sure if u can get something of value. FF playoffs are coming and AJ could change the whole outlook of the Cin offense. I have been holding him all year, and will continue. Best of luck to all AJ owners!

He'd be an utter fool to re-sign with CIN. He'll never win a SB on that crap team.

After they re-up Green they'll extend Dalton 5 years and re-hire Lewis as the HC. Think I'm kidding?

Edited by SuperJoint

1 minute ago, SuperJoint said:

He'd be an utter fool to re-sign with CIN. He'll never win a SB on that crap team.

After they re-up Green they'll extend Dalton 5 years and re-hire Lewis as the HC. Think I'm kidding?

his contract expires after the 2020 season so, yea. They're 100% not re-signing him. 

Lewis looks like Paul Brown compared to Zac Taylor. Lewis would have this team at 2 wins by now

1 minute ago, Chippa said:

his contract expires after the 2020 season so, yea. They're 100% not re-signing him. 

Lewis looks like Paul Brown compared to Zac Taylor. Lewis would have this team at 2 wins by now

I don’t even think Dalton has any guaranteed money left. He may not be back next year. Supposedly he’s good friends with AJ though 

2 minutes ago, Chippa said:

200.webp?cid=790b7611d8f36ef1f27a0e0fdc6

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, tekashi26ix said:

A true pro plays for the team that is paying him to play. A true pro honors the contract and tries to help his quarterback win. The cba should address the new trend of players doing whatever they want regardless of contracts. Hope they tag him too at end of year. Luckily Mike brown is as petty as they get in the best way. 

A true pro organization pays the player on the team. A true pro organization honors the contract. The new cba should address the long lasting trend of teams kicking players to the curb the second they feel like it or refusing to pay up after the player spent years playing significantly below market value. 

• Like 1

Why is this man traveling to London with the Bengals if he isn't close? Just to hang out with the Queen?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Why is this man traveling to London with the Bengals if he isn't close? Just to hang out with the Queen?

He is traveling to London? Really?

Damn wtf is going on with him.

5 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

tenor.gif?itemid=14464499

And have some tea.

I want to rage drop, but the second I do he'll be playing. Just pay the man and let's get this show on the road! I still think he may be traded though. We only have a few more days to wait. He likely suits up for the Bengals in Week 10 if he isn't dealt.

source.gif

11 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

To uphold a 'team first' attitude. Maintains good trade value.

8 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

So he can roll his eyes on the sidelines, and Twitter creates even more memes. The Bengals lose another game, and get plastered by the Rams.

Par for the course.

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I want to rage drop, but the second I do he'll be playing. Just pay the man and let's get this show on the road! I still think he may be traded though. We only have a few more days to wait. He likely suits up for the Bengals in Week 10 if he isn't dealt.

source.gif

Yeah anyone who has held this long has to hold to week 10. I think that will be the line of demarcation. Either he finally suits up(for Cincy or someone else) or we can confidently write this off as not worth the headache if there is still a lot of ambiguity 

People do realize the Green hasn’t once said he wants to be traded, right?

I’ve seen some idiots here comparing him to Jalen Ramsey, “faking” his injury, etc.  The last Green spoke on the issue, he said it would be great to stay with the same organization his whole career.  I understand that a trade makes sense if the Bengals aren’t going to pay him, but in no way should it be inferred that Green is somehow trying to force a trade by milking his injury.

I honestly think AJ wants to stay in Cincy, but he obviously wants to get a new deal. And if the Bengals aren’t gonna pay him, I’m sure he’ll end up somewhere else. Via trade, or signing in the offseason.

• Like 3

Perhaps he is receiving some trade interest and the interested party wants to see him on the field healthy. 

• Thanks 1

Very tempting but if you have held this long might as well hold for a few more weeks (hopefully not as long as week 10).

Just now, esprits4s said:

Anyone starting him on Sunday?  😁

If he's a go and I'm able to pull him off my IR, you bet I am. Flexin' for sure. 💪

giphy.gif

50 minutes ago, pdizzle710 said:

Just changed from DOUBTFUL to Questionable on Yahoo.

Encouraging about the practice update, but TBH the only way yahoo's designation matters to me is if he gets changed to O so I can side him into IR.

Vengeance against Ramsey was denied last week, so he's coming back this week instead?  🤣