1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

If only Dalton from 2012 was throwing the ball 🤷‍♂️

He is on a pace for a career high in yards but alright mate.

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

He is on a pace for a career high in yards but alright mate.

Actually he's on pace for a career low in yards and touchdowns since he's now benched for being terrible. But same difference. 

only an hour left...we'll see *tick tock*...

he will miraculously be healthy if he's traded haha

Edited by swetooth9

11 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Actually he's on pace for a career low in yards and touchdowns since he's now benched for being terrible. But same difference. 

That's not why he was benched.

They have a rookie QB and on track to have the #1 or 2 overall pick. Cincinnati needs to know what they have in Finely. If he's garbage, they can grab a Tua or Burrow in the draft. If Finley shows promise they can improve other positions.

• Like 1

Just now, Neauxls said:

That's not why he was benched.

They have a rookie QB and on track to have the #1 or 2 overall pick. Cincinnati needs to know what they have in Finely. If he's garbage, they can grab a Tua or Burrow in the draft. If Finley shows promise they can improve other positions.

They want to see what they have in Finley and potentially grab a prospect because Dalton is done and they realize that. 

We can go back and forth on this, regardless I still don't think this is terrible for AJ Green. The rookie might come out and zero in on him. Again we have no idea. 

• Haha 1

Im fading AJG so hard. I get we have no clue about Finley but one of the biggest things is qb/wr timing. I would guess as of now, Green hasn't caught 1 ball while running a route from Finley meaning there is 0 chemistry. They did not have any time in the off season to practice together. I dont see how this works in the next 6 weeks. 

• Like 2

RIP, shame he wasn't moved, honestly doubt he plays a single snap this year at this point in a lost season for cincy

Temper expectations as a fringe WR2/WR3. But that could change dramatically with much needed bye week reps for the new QB. You waited this long and the investment is finally about to show some sign of a return. Why abandon now?

I don't really see what the point is trying to figure out AJ Green's value with a rookie QB he's never caught passes from who has not played a regular season snap coming off a 3 month injury.

We're just gonna have to see.

This situation literally could not have gone worse. Had to hold with no production for NINE weeks, and doesn't end up getting traded. So you try and be optimistic and say, well we know he's been a WR1 with Dalton for years now, so we at least have that. Nope, let's throw a mediocre rookie QB into the fire with the worst Oline in football. Tough to envision any scenario other than Finley getting thoroughly embarrassed. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

This situation literally could not have gone worse. Had to hold with no production for NINE weeks, and doesn't end up getting traded. So you try and be optimistic and say, well we know he's been a WR1 with Dalton for years now, so we at least have that. Nope, let's throw a mediocre rookie QB into the fire with the worst Oline in football. Tough to envision any scenario other than Finley getting thoroughly embarrassed. 

If Finley tries his best Nathan Peterman impression and bombs badly enough, I think they will put Dalton back in so there is that glimmer of hope as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Boyd will probably be the play. Luckily I have him too. I'm holding out hope that AJ can produce with this change. It isn't like Dalton was very accurate this season.

• Like 1

No clue what the Bengals are doing here. Nothing they've done makes a lick of sense ... horribly run organization. So are the signing him to a new contract now, or is their plan to just grab the compensation and let him walk?

Wouldn't be surprised to see Green nurse the ankle thing right through free agency and keep saying he's "not quite right."

Edited by LongBalls

waste of talent smh the world will never know what it would be like to see Rodgers or Brees throwing him the ball now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

waste of talent smh the world will never know what it would be like to see Rodgers or Brees throwing him the ball now.

....that didnt stop Boldin, Fitzgerald, or Andre Johnson from becoming future hall of famers... Green gets injured a lot. If he doesnt get in, it's because of that

2 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

If Finley tries his best Nathan Peterman impression and bombs badly enough, I think they will put Dalton back in so there is that glimmer of hope as well.

There is definitely a chance this happens, probably the best we can hope for at this point unfortunately. 

24 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Green nurse the ankle thing right through free agency and keep saying he's "not quite right."

100% what I'd do. Come back to the worst team and Oline in the league in a rookie QB's first game? No thanks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

100% what I'd do. Come back to the worst team and Oline in the league in a rookie QB's first game? No thanks. 

If I just looked at how things have gone, I don't see how you don't conclude the Bengals actually want Green to walk as a FA for some reason. I can't see the pick compensation being higher than what they'd have got via trade, though. So no idea what they're doing. But everything they've done seems to be geared at incentivizing Green not to play this season, and not to sign a new contract.

• Like 1

On the other hand, if you're a 31 year old WR coming back from injury trying to get your last deal, what better way to prove it than doing your thing with a completely unproven commodity for a couple games?

You're basically playing with house money.  Everyone's expectations are low.  And building the rookie's confidence by shepherding him over with some vet leadership looks like you're worth another 10 mil, at least for a year or two.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheFantasyFootballGods said:

The Andy Dalton benching does not help Greens case but hopefully Finley likes to lock in on 1 wr like a rookie and will help Green

Interesting that you say that because he does. Here's the optimistic take. Finley is good in the pocket dealing with pressure and moving around to find targets and/or running with the ball. He does not have a rocket arm but has shown good accuracy. So, based on the current state of the Cin OL, Finley evades pressure and sacks and locks on to a WR, that's what he does. That WR would be AJ. That would be good news for AJ. Below is a decent (a few hours ago) scouting report from CBS.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/andy-dalton-benched-full-ryan-finley-scouting-report-what-you-need-to-know-about-bengals-new-starter/

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

There is definitely a chance this happens, probably the best we can hope for at this point unfortunately. 

Agreed...Whats the incentive here for green to even play a snap this season?

• Like 1