1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, Blazer said:

The rookie has arm talent, not a rocket arm but good placement. He also likes to lock in on a WR. So, here's the rub. He locks on to AJ and AJ goes off, or the QB gets 4 picks. The Baltimore D is not elite anymore but it's still good. What a mess. All I can say for sure is that he's stashed for the playoff run for me and I hope for a good game this week. Good luck to all AJ owners whatever you do this week. Your'e gonna have to go into the Matrix and find the Oracle to figure out sit/start this week. :)

Marlon Humphrey has been on a tear lately, and will likely shadow the Bengals best threat. If that's AJG's return it'll be a tough matchup. Idk if Ross & Boyd are playing though

Yeah not sure I am going to start him the first week. Not the greatest matchup and I kind of want to see how he looks with the new QB first. I think he is fine to play this week, but I have some decent options this week.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LionKid90 said:

Yeah not sure I am going to start him the first week. Not the greatest matchup and I kind of want to see how he looks with the new QB first. I think he is fine to play this week, but I have some decent options this week.

Anyone in particular you're starting over him?  Looking at my bench and it's hard to judge who has a safer floor than AJ freaking Green this week.

8 hours ago, egolam said:

Marlon Humphrey has been on a tear lately, and will likely shadow the Bengals best threat. If that's AJG's return it'll be a tough matchup. Idk if Ross & Boyd are playing though

Why wouldn’t Boyd play?

1 hour ago, fullonchubb said:

Anyone in particular you're starting over him?  Looking at my bench and it's hard to judge who has a safer floor than AJ freaking Green this week.

You didn't ask me, but across the three leagues I have him in, I'm playing G. Tate, Sanders, and Parker over him. It's great that he's back and healthy, but he's not anywhere near close to game shape and will be on a snap count. Couple that with a new QB and a tough matchup, I'm opting for safer players this week.

I have the luxury of star studded teams though, so I don't need to swing for the homerun out of my WR3 or flex spot, just a safe 10 ppr points to supplement my team. If you're team is relatively weak and you're constantly chasing points, you might as well close your eyes and swing hard with Green

Starting with absolute minimal confidence.  I feel like I could complete 12 passes in todays NFL.  If 8 of those 12 go to AJ, we’re in business, no?

I didn’t hold him this long to sit him on my bench.  Beep Beep!

Edited by poofinger

38 minutes ago, poofinger said:

Starting with absolute minimal confidence.  I feel like I could complete 12 passes in todays NFL.  If 8 of those 12 go to AJ, we’re in business, no?

I didn’t hold him this long to sit him on my bench.  Beep Beep!

Exactly right.    Anyone who isn’t concerned about a rookie qb making his first start against a fully healthy ravens D is fooling themselves.   But....options are pretty thin for my teams this week.  Gonna have to bank on Greens talent and hope there’s some semblance of offense for Cincy 🤞  

Edited by Impreza178

55 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

You're starting AJ Green if he's playing. 

Let's not get cute.

I don’t think it’s cute to start another WR3 option over Green in his first game back, against a good defense, with a new QB. If you don’t have that other good option, then of course you’re starting Green and hoping for the best. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

I don’t think it’s cute to start another WR3 option over Green in his first game back, against a good defense, with a new QB. If you don’t have that other good option, then of course you’re starting Green and hoping for the best. 

But AJ Green isn't a WR3. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pooskay said:

But AJ Green isn't a WR3. 

He is for this week and until further notice. 

1 hour ago, y2jbones said:

Baltimore is 23rd ranked against WRs..

Everyone is putting green around 25-35 in the WR category. Thats all bs anyways but thats the thoughts of where his production lies. There is also RBs and some leagues that allow TE at Flex like mine. First week back with a rookie QB and very limited time to gel together, i think that is very fair and accurate. With that being said, you sit him knowing he could see 10 targets, catch 7 and go for 110/1. But you also start him knowing he could get 8 targets, catch 4 for 40

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

Baltimore is 23rd ranked against WRs..

they’re now healthy and traded for peters.... those numbers don’t reflect the difficulty teams will have against them ROS.  

The Patriots get it....

i think the RatBirds are in for a yuuuuuuuuuuuge letdown here ... just defeated the GOATS, and have a date week 11 vs MVP candidate Watson .... can see them sleepwalking a bit thru this tilt vs dër Büngles, which will still be enuff to win, of course ... but there might be some surprises from that Cincy offense 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

Imagine holding a guy for nearly 2/3rds of the fantasy season only to not start him.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

Imagine holding a guy for nearly 2/3rds of the fantasy season only to not start him.

HarBags knows the score ...

Also, BAL has the 26th ranked passing defense in the NFL. They allow more yards through the air than the Giants, Jets, Falcons, Bengals, and others. I have no idea where the notion comes that this is some brutal matchup. 

19 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

they’re now healthy and traded for peters.... those numbers don’t reflect the difficulty teams will have against them ROS.  

The Patriots get it....

You’re right, I wasn’t starting him anyway. I’d consider it if Dalton was still QB. Gotta see how the rook does

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Imagine thinking a guy who hasn't played in a year and is coming off an injury that took 3 months to heal is going to hit the ground running. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It is Wednesday and we still are not 100% sure he is playing. He is coming off major ankle surgery; has not played in almost a year. His team is currently winless and now debuting their rookie QB. 

I think proceeding with caution is a fair play. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

The Patriots get it....

Peters has been below average for a couple seasons now so he should fit right in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, y2jbones said:

If this injury had all happened in the offseason and CIN opened week 1 with a rookie QB against a good D, almost everybody would recommend starting Green at least as a WR2. The long absence is distorting people's perception.  Only difference is that some teams at this point could be surprisingly stacked and have the depth to sit and wait. On an average team I'd say he's a must start.

1 minute ago, suburbanguk said:

If this injury had all happened in the offseason and CIN opened week 1 with a rookie QB against a good D, almost everybody would recommend starting Green at least as a WR2. The long absence is distorting people's perception.  Only difference is that some teams at this point could be surprisingly stacked and have the depth to sit and wait. On an average team I'd say he's a must start.

You're overlooking the fact that Green would then be in game shape, which he is not right now. And there's a big difference between "working out and staying in shape" and being game ready. Plus there's the fact that Green and Finley would have had at least a month if not two of training camp and preseason to forge a rapport

• Like 2