A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

7 hours ago, edREED said:

Holding for the next 6 weeks or so to see how this plays out

Rage hold?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, goke said:

Never again....

Yeah, much agreed. I'm taking a blowtorch to this dude and letting him melt on my bench for ROS, out of sheer stubbornness now.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

I grabbed this cat in the 7th thinking I got a late round steal. But I never thought I'd have to deal with this circus. You can't trust a word from regarding this dude's "status." At this point, I wouldn't be shocked if we don't see Green play a down this year.

7 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

I grabbed this cat in the 7th thinking I got a late round steal. But I never thought I'd have to deal with this circus. You can't trust a word from regarding this dude's "status." At this point, I wouldn't be shocked if we don't see Green play a down this year.

Doesn't he have to play 6 games at least this season to be free agent eligible?

15 minutes ago, fullonchubb said:

Doesn't he have to play 6 games at least this season to be free agent eligible?

I think that would be only if he was holding out. He has been with the team all season but injured. All of these inactive games still count because he is with the team. 

You'd figure he'd at least have to play a game or two to showcase himself for FA.

Who's gonna pay for a 32 year old WR who hasn't played a down for (what will at that time be) a year and a half?

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

You'd figure he'd at least have to play a game or two to showcase himself for FA.

Who's gonna pay for a 32 year old WR who hasn't played a down for (what will at that time be) a year and a half?

... maybe his plan has been all along to stay with dër Büngles, and there's some wink n' nod schtick going on with him and the F.O.? 

🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... maybe his plan has been all along to stay with dër Büngles, and there's some wink n' nod schtick going on with him and the F.O.? 

🤷‍♂️

I guess?

If that was the case you'd think you'd want to at least attract some eyeballs to Bengals games aside from the diehards if you were ownership.

I don't understand this situation at all. 

Since I've been wrong at every turn, I'm just gonna say he's retired until further notice and hopefully then he'll play on Sunday.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

I think that would be only if he was holding out. He has been with the team all season but injured. All of these inactive games still count because he is with the team. 

Sounds like Green knows exactly what he is doing then.  Collecting that money without risking further injury for a trash organization.  I'd be kind of shocked if he signs with them next year unless they give him a great offer.

26 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I guess?

If that was the case you'd think you'd want to at least attract some eyeballs to Bengals games aside from the diehards if you were ownership.

I don't understand this situation at all. 

Since I've been wrong at every turn, I'm just gonna say he's retired until further notice and hopefully then he'll play on Sunday.

i'm was just spitballin' with my take ... to wit, i wonder why they didn't franchise him?

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i'm was just spitballin' with my take ... to wit, i wonder why they didn't franchise him?

Oh for sure, I'm in no position to question it because clearly I have no idea what's going on, we're trying to bring the logic hammer to the crazy nail.

11 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

He's already said he won't sign a franchise tag

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Oh for sure, I'm in no position to question it because clearly I have no idea what's going on, we're trying to bring the logic hammer to the crazy nail.

I think what we've always been looking at here is the simplest and most logical answer. He doesn't want to risk injury (for a terrible team going nowhere) unless he has a new contract.

The only question I have, is why not just IR him rather than going through this circus? 

I said it two months ago he wasn’t playing this season without a new contract and also being 100% healthy. At this point he doesn’t want to go play with a unproven QB on a trash team. Because then he’s going to lose $$ putting up game stats of 4-25-0 on 9 targets with the majority of the passes being hospital balls. No win situation for Green or Green owners.

• Like 1

I recall reading an article that him and Dalton were pretty close. I doubt the benching would really change things one way or the other but you never know. 

Edited by owenmills

I need this tool to just sort out this situation so that I can drop him. The bench spot is probably more valuable ROS than this guy anyway.

• Like 1

Does anybody think he will actually play in the next two weeks?  I need a roster spot and am thinking of dropping him.

7 minutes ago, Jason123 said:

Does anybody think he will actually play in the next two weeks?  I need a roster spot and am thinking of dropping him.

He’s not gonna come back and risk his health for a garbage team going nowhere. Also, I can’t see him wanting to go out and look terrible with a sorry rookie QB tossing the rock. No win situation here. I would cut him.

The Bungles don’t care and would prefer to keep losing anyway, which is the real reason for switching from Dalton. They need that Tua or Burrow pick in the worst way

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Jason123 said:

I don't think he will. I didn't think he'd play this year without a new contract/team, and I feel like the nonsense yesterday all but clinched that. 

Also, as has been mentioned, even if he was considering a return, imagine if Finley sucks and that in turn prevents AJ from producing. Teams may think he's shot. That could cost him millions of dollars. 

Not one good/smart reason for him to play a single snap this year. 

• Like 1