1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

19 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

But it’s not in the team’s best interest to win games. I totally agree, he is being paid to play the games. He was clearly hurt in the first 6 weeks or so as he was barely practicing. But it’s an entirely different ballgame for both him and the organization when they’re 0-6 or 0-7. They don’t even want him back for this year. I’m sure this is a fairly mutual decision.

This all sounds plausible except why are they not IRing him then? It would free up a roster spot for someone else to get reps and the coach could stop answering questions. There’s no reason to not do that unless they actually want him to play this year 

• Like 1

Are we dropping Green in shallow redraft leagues (10 teams) or holding him for one more week? What's the consensus?

16 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Are we dropping Green in shallow redraft leagues (10 teams) or holding him for one more week? What's the consensus?

I dropped a few weeks ago out of IR when his status and no-play started messing with bench.

Picked up again  after good news....then just dropped.

21 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I have him slated to drop this morning when our WW cycles. 

1 hour ago, owenmills said:

This all sounds plausible except why are they not IRing him then? It would free up a roster spot for someone else to get reps and the coach could stop answering questions. There’s no reason to not do that unless they actually want him to play this year 

That’s a good question. I have no idea. Maybe he will be IR’d shortly. Seems plausible at this point.

21 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

That’s a good question. I have no idea. Maybe he will be IR’d shortly. Seems plausible at this point.

It sure does, but if it doesn't happen it pretty much blows up the "it's a mutual understanding" theory

I never got to own A.J. Green until this year.   I’ve held since the draft and am 6-3.   I know if I drop this guy some squid in my league will stash him and he’ll be activated next weekend and crush the playoffs 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

I never got to own A.J. Green until this year.   I’ve held since the draft and am 6-3.   I know if I drop this guy some squid in my league will stash him and he’ll be activated next weekend and crush the playoffs 

Yeah..... no.....

• Haha 1

Obviously can't blame anybody for dropping him, but if he's your 5th WR and your bye weeks aren't too tight, there's not a lot of downside to holding and praying.  Could win somebody a championship with that week 16 matchup against miami!

• Like 1

Just now, suburbanguk said:

Obviously can't blame anybody for dropping him, but if he's your 5th WR and your bye weeks aren't too tight, there's not a lot of downside to holding and praying.  Could win somebody a championship with that week 16 matchup against miami!

it’s frustrating but this only week 10.   Things change FAST in the nfl.    Go ahead and drop if u need the space...but if you’re mostly over the byes and not too banged up....there’s still a chance you have a difference maker for a few games.  

3 hours ago, Ruut6 said:

But it’s not in the team’s best interest to win games. I totally agree, he is being paid to play the games. He was clearly hurt in the first 6 weeks or so as he was barely practicing. But it’s an entirely different ballgame for both him and the organization when they’re 0-6 or 0-7. They don’t even want him back for this year. I’m sure this is a fairly mutual decision.

It's every teams best interest to win games. Trying to lose games on purpose to get higher draft picks does not work and will never work.

You building a winning team through a winning culture.

If the Bengals went 4-4 the rest of the season they'll have a greater chance of success for next year then if they lose out and get the #1 pick.

Football is the ultimate team sport, 1 player can't fix everything.

19 minutes ago, suburbanguk said:

NO Chance. Trash QB, Oline,RBs and hes coming off injuries.. pipe dream is over.

Only hope left is that Finley gets hurt and Andy takes the reins back with AJ at his side.

12 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

It's every teams best interest to win games. Trying to lose games on purpose to get higher draft picks does not work and will never work.

You building a winning team through a winning culture.

If the Bengals went 4-4 the rest of the season they'll have a greater chance of success for next year then if they lose out and get the #1 pick.

Football is the ultimate team sport, 1 player can't fix everything.

fair point-  and having an earlier pick doesn’t mean you pick the right players.    You still have to evaluate properly.   

But...when it comes to qbs and truly generational players.. It absolutely does matter having a top 3 pick instead of top 10.  Those first picks are incredibly valuable.      You likely won’t have the opportunity to get an Aaron Donald, Bosa, Tua or otherwise.  Qbs chosen with the top few picks are MUCH more likely to be franchise players.  Not to mention you pick earlier in every round- so you’re in a better spot all the way through the draft.   

2 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

fair point-  and having an earlier pick doesn’t mean you pick the right players.    You still have to evaluate properly.   

But...when it comes to qbs and truly generational players.. It absolutely does matter having a top 3 pick instead of top 10.  Those first picks are incredibly valuable.      You likely won’t have the opportunity to get an Aaron Donald, Bosa, Tua or otherwise.  Qbs chosen with the top few picks are MUCH more likely to be franchise players.  Not to mention you pick earlier in every round- so you’re in a better spot all the way through the draft.   

To add to that - this is shaping up to be a blue chip QB class.  Guys like Tagliovoa, Burrows, even Justin Herbert could be true game changers.

We don't know what Finley looks like as a pro QB, but he didn't necessarily look like that guy at NC State.

10 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

To add to that - this is shaping up to be a blue chip QB class.  Guys like Tagliovoa, Burrows, even Justin Herbert could be true game changers.

We don't know what Finley looks like as a pro QB, but he didn't necessarily look like that guy at NC State.

None of those QBs are Peyton Manning, they all have questions on how they'll be at the next level.

Aaron Rodgers was a late 1st round pick, like I said draft order doesn't equal success and never will.

12 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

None of those QBs are Peyton Manning, they all have questions on how they'll be at the next level.

Aaron Rodgers was a late 1st round pick, like I said draft order doesn't equal success and never will.

I mean Peyton couldn't beat Florida, every college player has question marks.  But Tua Tagliova I'd suspect looks like a really enticing option for a ton of GMs 

24 minutes ago, Watitdookie said:

I hope zac Taylor is a one and done coach. Dude benches AD and expects AJ Green to ok with it

He’s benching Dalton because they want an extended look at Finley.   With an anticipated early draft slot...they’ll want to select a qb if Finley doesn’t look promising.    

Might be the smartest thing the bengals have ever done.  

Edited by Impreza178