1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

Just now, Impreza178 said:

He’s benching Dalton because they want an extended look at Finley.   With an anticipated early draft slot...they’ll want to select a qb if Finley doesn’t look promising.    

Might be the smartest thing the bengals have ever done.  

how can one look promising behind that o-line?

it's making Joe Mixon look worse than Ron Dayne

Just now, Chippa said:

how can one look promising behind that o-line?

it's making Joe Mixon look worse than Ron Dayne

Cant say...but in a lost season with much roster overhaul and a potential new franchise qb.... rolling dalton is completely pointless.    

except if you own AJG in fantasy lol

Dropped him! That was the longest hold ever without getting anything. Do the same and you'll feel great.

Leveon Bell  all over again last year 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

am I crazy to think he could be signed and play anytime?   

Why, exactly, would this ever happen. 

0-8. Keep that in the back your mind; 0-8. There is no godly reason for Green to ever play for this team again.

14 hours ago, urban2014 said:

Hell yes.  Unfortunately, I suffered through that one as well.  I may be done with these potential season long fliers.  I am 0 for 2 so far.

21 hours ago, urban2014 said:

The difference is nobody burned top-8 draft position on AJG this year. Him being a bust shouldn't have seriously damaged anyone's season. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, bwarbiany said:

The difference is nobody burned top-8 draft position on AJG this year. Him being a bust shouldn't have seriously damaged anyone's season. 

This.  There is always risk in drafting an injured player.  

Would I like him to be playing for my fantasy team? Yes. But don’t blame AJ if your season isn’t going well.

The amount of hate in this thread is ridiculous. Of course everyone is just dismissing the possibility that his injury might actually have suffered a setback. Wouldn’t be the first time with an ankle/foot issue.

• Like 1

Dropped him and it felt so good. Frankly, with the record and QB situation I don't really see a path to fantasy relevance for him this late in the season. Mostly because I doubt he plays and even when he does he'll probably be on a limited snap count for ankle massages. 

Edited by LongBalls

9 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Why, exactly, would this ever happen. 

0-8. Keep that in the back your mind; 0-8. There is no godly reason for Green to ever play for this team again.

Again. If he doesnt touch the field this year, it will almost two years since he last played a snap come September. I don't think he's going to get some big contract or the length he desires being 32 with a injury prone label hanging over his head. He needs to play some to reestablish value. 

He can always opt to sit out the entire year, but that's going to hinder his future earnings; perhaps he's okay with that

16 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

Again. If he doesnt touch the field this year, it will almost two years since he last played a snap come September. I don't think he's going to get some big contract or the length he desires being 32 with a injury prone label hanging over his head. He needs to play some to reestablish value. 

He can always opt to sit out the entire year, but that's going to hinder his future earnings; perhaps he's okay with that

Bell did fine after sitting for a long time. Someone will pay AJ regardless of whether he plays this year not. He’s looking at it like Bell did probably, risk/reward of game tape increasing the demand for him vs an injury destroying it

Gonna hold on to him.   Not in dire need of a roster spot.

But the relationship between him and the organization appears to be getting worse.

More and more likely that he won’t suit up this season.

1 hour ago, owenmills said:

Bell did fine after sitting for a long time. Someone will pay AJ regardless of whether he plays this year not. He’s looking at it like Bell did probably, risk/reward of game tape increasing the demand for him vs an injury destroying it

5 years age difference. One year missed voluntarily vs two years missed due to injury. I don't see Bell as the best barometer 

48 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

5 years age difference. One year missed voluntarily vs two years missed due to injury. I don't see Bell as the best barometer 

You're deluding yourself. This is almost exactly the Bell situation to a T except AJG has hanger-ons like you fooled into believing this injury setback cover story nonsense. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BadMoon said:

You're deluding yourself. This is almost exactly the Bell situation to a T except AJG has hanger-ons like you fooled into believing this injury setback cover story nonsense. 

It’s nothing like the Bell situation with the exception of having salty fantasy owners whining about Green not being available for their fantasy teams.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, smetana34 said:

WR vs RB though. Bell should warrant more wear & tear concern but he got paid(most of what he wanted). AJ will do fine. He beasted in his last few games in 2018

Edited by owenmills

What an inept moronic organization. There were reports that teams were willing to give up a high draft pick for this guy. He is going to be put on IR in next week or 2 in my opinion. Then he will walk in free agency. Mismanagement at its finest.

• Like 1

If I were A.J. Green, I would sign the franchise tag he is probably going to get and pull another paid holdout next year.  I mean, who wouldn't like getting $20 million plus without doing anything?

Edited by TTo34
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

If I were A.J. Green, I would sign the franchise tag he is probably going to get and pull another paid holdout next year.  I mean, who wouldn't like getting $20 million plus without doing anything?

I appreciate this post, but I do believe that AJ is tired of languishing on a losing team. 

I believe he's going to take his chances in FA, and sign with a team that has a chance to win a SB.

At this point in the season AJ does not need to play to make a case for signing to a new team next year. He'll have the whole off season to prove he's healthy. But, for right now I'm still holding 'cause there is no way in hell that I hold him for 10 weeks and cut him and some super freaky thing happens and he plays and he's picked up in my leagues and used against me. So, I understand he looks useless as a player right now, but until I know for sure I'm holding him in jail on my bench where he can do no harm. I have the bench space, and will keep AJ in bench jail until he's on IR. No way I'm taking a chance he could hurt me in the playoffs if I cut him now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blazer said:

At this point in the season AJ does not need to play to make a case for signing to a new team next year. He'll have the whole off season to prove he's healthy. But, for right now I'm still holding 'cause there is no way in hell that I hold him for 10 weeks and cut him and some super freaky thing happens and he plays and he's picked up in my leagues and used against me. So, I understand he looks useless as a player right now, but until I know for sure I'm holding him in jail on my bench where he can do no harm. I have the bench space, and will keep AJ in bench jail until he's on IR. No way I'm taking a chance he could hurt me in the playoffs if I cut him now.

I'll just say AJ is absolutely droppable in redrafts.

His value has actually risen in Dynasty, as he will be finally free from mediocrity.

Edited by SuperJoint

3 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I'll just say AJ is absolutely droppable in redrafts.

His value has actually risen in Dynasty, as he will be finally free from mediocrity.

Nope. Not just yet unless you don't have bench space. I do, so the best strat for me and others with space is to hold until he's officially (put on IR) off the radar to play this season. He's a talented WR and we have no idea how this rookie QB will play. It could be a complete disaster or some miracle rise of the Phoenix resurrection of Cin. I have the bench space, so I have no need to drop him. Of course that could change any day now. I can't predict the future, but I can protect myself. AJ is never going to score a single FF point against me this year as long as he is in my bench jail.

• Like 3

I'm only holding for keeper value at this point, since with the right signing being able to keep him as a 6th round next year could be a big win

11 hours ago, TTo34 said:

Because that would effectively end his career. 

These guys might be more motivated than you.