1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

8 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Correct - he is still getting paid. Still though, you would think it would behoove him to get at least a few games on tape to show teams that he’s still got it and is finally healthy after the last few years, with him becoming a FA after the season. If he thinks he can continue to sit out and still land a big deal, he is sorely mistaken IMO. No team is going to want to throw a ton of money at an injured 32-year old receiver without seeing something first. He will have to settle for a prove-it deal that is light on guarantees. Or the Bengals might just franchise tag him and make him earn it before they ink him to a long-term deal.

Good thoughts.   it’s literally all speculation and spin right now.    That why I don’t want to drop him yet.   It could go either way at any moment.  

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Still though, you would think it would behoove him to get at least a few games on tape to show teams that he’s still got it and is finally healthy after the last few years, with him becoming a FA after the season. If he thinks he can continue to sit out and still land a big deal, he is sorely mistaken IMO.

Well...the other thing that could happen is he plays for a crap team, looks terrible, and hurts his market.  Sure, he hasn't played but the last time we saw him, he was a dominant receiver.  This is also AJ Green.  I'm sure some teams may offer him a "prove it" deal, but there will be others who need an alpha WR and will give him a good deal in the hopes that a year off actually helped his health.

I agree with Impreza - this can go either way.  I don't think we see him until the end of the year though and who knows, maybe the Bengals will want to give their younger receivers more PT (what good does it do them to play AJ a full snap count when their season is over?), so it will be a moot point.

1 minute ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Well...the other thing that could happen is he plays for a crap team, looks terrible, and hurts his market. 

Or he gets seriously injured again, which would probably wreck his market value. Teams would think the guy is falling apart. As annoying as it is for fantasy I think sitting is actually a good business decision. Far more downside than upside for him playing this year IMO

1 hour ago, CooL said:

I will be glad if he does get put on IR.  I hate this guy.  He's got the talent of a second rounder when healthy and is a beast.  But this injury has just dragged on and on.  Sort of like Andrew Luck from a few years ago.  Now we don't know when or if he'll ever get back.

Even if he doesn't get IR'd this week, I'm approaching the point where I'll just cut him and don't look back.  Right now, the reason to hold is fear of an opponent getting him for free after I've frustratingly held him 10 weeks.  But at some point I just won't care.  Let him go out there with a gimpy foot, he feels a little twinge, and then decides to play possum because he's pissed about the team situation and not having a contract.

Just drop him and move on then... This isn’t the Vent & Rant thread. Everyone is in the same boat as you, there is no need to whine and complain.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Does anyone know the financial impact to Green for missing games?  This isn't a holdout, right?  He's not losing game checks?

Paid holdout.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Good thoughts.   it’s literally all speculation and spin right now.    That why I don’t want to drop him yet.   It could go either way at any moment.  

Yeah, the headache for fantasy owners is we don't know if or when he will return.  He might make a cameo in Week 15, 16, or even 17, which would still be enough for AJ to show he's still got it but pretty useless for us who have held onto him for this long.

25 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Well...the other thing that could happen is he plays for a crap team, looks terrible, and hurts his market.  Sure, he hasn't played but the last time we saw him, he was a dominant receiver.  This is also AJ Green.  I'm sure some teams may offer him a "prove it" deal, but there will be others who need an alpha WR and will give him a good deal in the hopes that a year off actually helped his health.

I agree with Impreza - this can go either way.  I don't think we see him until the end of the year though and who knows, maybe the Bengals will want to give their younger receivers more PT (what good does it do them to play AJ a full snap count when their season is over?), so it will be a moot point.

We'll have to see what happens, but I would be extremely surprised to see him land a big deal this off-season if he doesn't play.  Guys like Dez Bryant are still out there on the street without a contract, and they're not even injured.  Then again, I guess there's always a possibility that some idiot franchise like the Jets will still sign him to a big deal, so who the hell knows, lol.  But he's already on my personal DND list for next year and beyond, and I'm just a fake football owner!  🤣

8 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

He was supposed to be healthy by week 3.  It's week 11.

I don't think we see him before December at the earliest.  He's probably just gonna chill on the bench with his buddy Andy Dalton, talking about their kids.

7 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

He was supposed to be healthy by week 3.  It's week 11.

I don't think we see him before December at the earliest.  He's probably just gonna chill on the bench with his buddy Andy Dalton, talking about their kids.

Hope he's been smart with his money, cause there won't be that much more coming his way after this year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Hope he's been smart with his money, cause there won't be that much more coming his way after this year.

Yeah, because they'd have to question why it takes this long to heal from a sprained ankle. Nobody is going to pay a premium for that.

• Thanks 1

bruhhhh, I play in a redraft league, but I've had this guy so long it feels like a damn dynasty league at this point hahaa. 

So now the question for AJ owners.... when would you cut him?

If he doesn't play this week, do you continue to hold?

After next week?

The following?

Miss the playoffs with this guy on the bench? lol 

Who's pulled the trigger and dropped him? I just said like some hours ago I won't drop him. 

But now, not practicing, maybe I will hahahaa

6 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

bruhhhh, I play in a redraft league, but I've had this guy so long it feels like a damn dynasty league at this point hahaa. 

After next week?

The following?

Who's pulled the trigger and dropped him? I just said like some hours ago I won't drop him. 

I think it all depends on your need to win urgency.  I dropped him a week ago in one redraft league where I needed a bye week filler and he was claimed by a team with #3 priority.  In another league where I'm 7-3, I can afford to keep him stashed.    

• Like 1

Hahahaha...  

Even Yahoo Fantasy is frustrated about AJ Green per their latest update. 

Edited by nn4mz
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Yeah, because they'd have to question why it takes this long to heal from a sprained ankle. Nobody is going to pay a premium for that.

GM's know the game and they'll know he was actually healthy but didn't want to risk his future.  I doubt they would call him out on it.  They would give him a physical before signing him anyway, which he would pass with flying colors.  His health won't be an issue.

The butthurt in here is hilarious. He's going to get paid, whether he plays a game this year or not. And he doesn't care about our fantasy teams

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

After next week?

The following?

I'm still holding, but mainly because the best WR on the WW right now is Cole Beasley who I want no part of either. 

17 minutes ago, owenmills said:

The butthurt in here is hilarious. He's going to get paid, whether he plays a game this year or not. And he doesn't care about our fantasy teams

Agreed. Dude has no reason to hurry back to play for fantasy owners lol for a dumpster of a team. Dude will get offers from every team in the offseason

34 minutes ago, owenmills said:

ehhhh I mean.... you know you're on a Fantasy Football forum right? lol

Are you expecting people that drafted and have held him all season to be celebrating that he was just held out of practice again?

hahaa, personally I'm not butthurt, but I am kicking myself for drafting this dude, major facepalm move 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

ehhhh I mean.... you know you're on a Fantasy Football forum right? lol

Are you expecting people that drafted and have held him all season to be celebrating that he was just held out of practice again?

hahaa, personally I'm not butthurt, but I am kicking myself for drafting this dude, major facepalm move 🤦‍♂️

Nothing wrong with being frustrated about it but saying things like 'I hope he's saved his money, he's not going to see much more, etc etc'. That's just being bitter. As frustrating as this has been I can absolutely see the merit in what he's doing and I say good for him, it's his life and his livelihood 

• Like 1