1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

5 hours ago, philnutz said:

Dropped for Antonio Brown, trying out a new waste of a roster spot

Same. Figured I've played all year down a roster spot, might as well continue the trend.

• Haha 2

What team do you think he signs with in 2020 since most think he will not be on the Bengals next season?

I think it's probably less than a 50% chance Green plays again this season, but even if he does do you trust him with the QB they have? I just don't see a reason to hold him anymore this season.

14 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

I think it's probably less than a 50% chance Green plays again this season, but even if he does do you trust him with the QB they have? I just don't see a reason to hold him anymore this season.

Probably the smart play. I have him in my IR. If I need the IR for someone else, I may end up dumping him.

If you look at his schedule:

Pit (99% not playing)

NYJ (Good)

@Cle (Finley on the road)

NE (No)

@Mia (Good, but still Finley on the road)

First game he comes back, probably on a snap count. Will pull himself out of a game quick if he doesn't "feel" right. I'd probably only fell good about playing him in the championship, if I get there. And that's only if he plays the full game against NE without any problems.

This gamble probably won't pay out for us. I don't regret it though. You wont find this kind of upside in the 7th round, especially in a deep league.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SmileyFace8 said:

What team do you think he signs with in 2020 since most think he will not be on the Bengals next season?

Who cares...

Seriously, if you are holding on to him for a keeper league will speculation on his next team impact your decision?  Or is this just your way of saying this year is over?

I just looked back at his first 8 PPR games last year; mind-blowing. 

21, 29, 10, 17, 20, 15, 21, 18

That is ridiculous, consistent WR1 performace with Dalton. I dont even remember what that was like, but I'm willing to hold another year for a shot at something close to that. 

That's also on single digit targets 5 of the 8 weeks with 6TDs. 

Edited by Mr Rourke
Added target/TD note

6 hours ago, esprits4s said:

Who cares...

Seriously, if you are holding on to him for a keeper league will speculation on his next team impact your decision?  Or is this just your way of saying this year is over?

No to both of your questions. I don't even have him on my fantasy team and my question didn't have anything to do with him being on a fantasy team. The thread is titled AJ Green so I asked a simple question about the future of AJ Green. That is all.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Watitdookie said:

I’m expecting Dalton under center Per request if AJ gets healthy enough to see the field

He is healthy as we speak.

Gonna hold him just cause i dont want pringle or any other wr5 to make my decision on who to start difficult because some bum has a good match up. I rather suffer and run with whats worked all year. This thread can be locked lol

16 hours ago, TheWeasel said:

Same. Figured I've played all year down a roster spot, might as well continue the trend.

In one league I drafted 

Josh Gordon 

AJ Green 

Antonio Brown 

• Haha 1

I don't think the news today of AJ Green being ruled out changes if you should hold/drop him because he was 99%+ going to be out anyway...

That being said, I don't get why Cincy didn't either trade AJG or at least put him on IR?? It's so odd.

Just now, RyanK said:

I don't think the news today of AJ Green being ruled out changes if you should hold/drop him because he was 99%+ going to be out anyway...

That being said, I don't get why Cincy didn't either trade AJG or at least put him on IR?? It's so odd.

Is it really that odd when one of the worst organizations in all of sports makes stupid moves? 

I didn't see it but the Finley pass that put Auden Tate on a stretcher has been referred to as a hospital ball.

If it was, that would seal the deal for me if I were AJ.  No way I'm gonna play.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nn4mz said:

I’m wondering...

Why won’t he just be shut down for the season?

Genuinely curious.

The team and AJ are on different paths. It seems clear the team does not want him or to help him in any way. AJ seems to feel the same way. AJ is IMO healthy and could play. Cin is tanking and just does not want to deal with an older former WR#1. They don't want to give him a chance to play and prove his value, and AJ just wants the frak out of Cin. The reason Cin did not put him on IR is because he's not injured and they could face a lawsuit if they did. I was advocating holding him before, but we are headed to the playoffs and I have released him from my bench jail. AJ is free from me as of tonight and I don't see him playing a snap this year. Even if he does, he's out of shape with a craptastic QB. Feel free to drop and move on.

7 hours ago, nn4mz said:

I’m wondering...

Why won’t he just be shut down for the season?

Genuinely curious.

AJ was never playing without a new deal, if the team shuts him down he can say he "wanted" to play but they put him on IR. Neither party wants to look like the "bad guy" so we're stuck with this nonsense.