1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

With Dalton back in the fold, I for some reason picked green up off waivers after dropping him a week ago. My leaguemates didn't even bother. I guess I'm back on the train for at least one more week? Its been a needless ride!

Edited by Hacksawjimduggan

15 hours ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Trash.  He's not practicing.  

At least he wasn't practicing on Wednesday, and I'm thinking the players take Turkey Day off.

1 minute ago, dave.zavala89 said:

so if he doesnt practice today it's safe to say he ain't playing neither? 

Looks like he is taking today off too. Not sure how the NFL rules are, but very surprised they havent made CIN put him on the IR this season. Guess you cant force teams to do that, but a so-called 4-8 week recovery time, has turned into a 4+ month recovery time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DarinB300 said:

a so-called 4-8 week recovery time, has turned into a 4+ month recovery time. 

saving an entire season's worth of points for a giant WEEK 16 breakout @ miami.

fantasy championship MVP is written in the stars.

j+Green+Cincinnati+Bengals+v+Miami+Dolph

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

::subscribe::

3 hours ago, Sack Exchange said:

Wrong. IA rest of season. Dropping today for Parker to play him over crowder. I kept for 13 weeks. Can’t hold any longer. Matchups are trash til Miami and no way am I rushing the ship if I make it that far w this bum

On 11/28/2019 at 4:30 AM, Hacksawjimduggan said:

With Dalton back in the fold, I for some reason picked green up off waivers after dropping him a week ago. My leaguemates didn't even bother. I guess I'm back on the train for at least one more week? Its been a needless ride!

I did the same [...]

I just wish I knew what the game is here? AJ simply not wanting to play, wants to be a FA? He really is still hurt? (I doubt that, he would have been put on IR?), AJ is just lazy and likes the free paychecks? AJ saving himself for next year? Team hates him? AJ is a robot and they can't find replacement parts? Just wish I knew what really is going on ... best to all AJ owners and hopes for some playoff awesomeness with the Red Rifle back!

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

With Dalton back in the saddle, this doesn’t make me feel good 

In what way?

I have an alt theory on all of this. To the surprise of everyone, AJ starts practicing next week, and will play. Why? RR is back and AJ wants to push back on all the negative press against him. He wants to be the hero that comes from no where to stud it up at the end of season and get Cin some wins.  AJ simply can't go into next year as either a Cin player or a FA with all this negative stuff against him. He needs some positive spin, and making a splash late in the season (our FF playoffs) and getting Cin some wins will get him back into some positive spin control. Why not play this week? He's not ready. He will be ready next week.

Above is all simply conjecture based on a situation that makes no sense. So, that's my dime novel on trying to make sense of this entire situation.

Think, what team would want to pay AJ big bucks based on 13 weeks of nothing? Nobody. What team, even Cin, might shed some bucks for a guy who pulled Cin out of the dumpster late in the season with his bud Dalton? More than the other option. It's hopeful and wishful thinking, but it could happen.

4 minutes ago, Hacksawjimduggan said:

So, what's his ADP next year?

All about who he’s playing for. He should be healthy ;) 

when he lands in KC people will be grabbing him in the 3rd

19 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

I love FF, we all have short memories.  Agree next year, he will be a high reward pick, but this year he is GARBAGE!

41 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

I don't see him making it about halfway beyond the third round no matter what team he's playing for.

9 hours ago, phisouza33 said:

if he's not in Philly next season i will post a YouTubez vid of me eating one of DHC's cleatz - TROOF 🤠

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Blazer said:

Think, what team would want to pay AJ big bucks based on 13 weeks of nothing? Nobody. What team, even Cin, might shed some bucks for a guy who pulled Cin out of the dumpster late in the season with his bud Dalton? More than the other option. It's hopeful and wishful thinking, but it could happen.

Bell got paid. Different situation but missing time isnt a deterant, especially for bad teams with a lot of salary cap.

The risk of him coming back, looking bad and costing himself a lot of money is greater than some teams FOMO and overpaying, imho.

Getting paid to not play again this week. My employer has some very progressive family leave policies, etc. I've been trying to get them to add the "AJ Green" plan to our leave policy as well. It's one year of paid leave, all the employee has to do is show up in the office three times a month for department meetings or birthday parties. No actual work product may be created or the leave is voided. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Deflating.

All year I was thinking: “Man, just wait ‘til Green comes back.  My team is gonna be straight fire!”

Slowly, but surely, the situation got bleek week by week.

I could really use him right now, but I understand his hustle. 

Thats fantasy for you.

35 minutes ago, nn4mz said:

Deflating.

All year I was thinking: “Man, just wait ‘til Green comes back.  My team is gonna be straight fire!”

Slowly, but surely, the situation got bleek week by week.

I could really use him right now, but I understand his hustle. 

Thats fantasy for you.

After holding onto him all year I am now officially pissed with the guy - he is clearly just playing a game here and deciding not to play this year, nothing to do with the injury "lingering" or "setbacks".!

Ill draft him next year if he falls to round 7-8 and depending on his landing spot. Bummer i held til week 12. 

Well, one thing is for certain, he wasn't pouting and pretending to still be injured because he didn't want to be catching passes from the rookie QB.
If this guy had the fire to play, it seems like there would have been more announcements of even more second/third opinions, etc.

Every week it seems like we seem on the field pregame warming up, people saying he looks good, but then the dude don't ball.

It's all a concerted cheating effort by Green and management.  They want the #1 pick and don't want to screw that up.  So they're fine with him just sitting out.  Green coming back now isn't going to put more butts in the seats.  Now that Miami is actually winning, they thought it would be fine to win a game last weekend.  But can't risk anymore.