1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

3 minutes ago, CooL said:

Well, one thing is for certain, he wasn't pouting and pretending to still be injured because he didn't want to be catching passes from the rookie QB.
If this guy had the fire to play, it seems like there would have been more announcements of even more second/third opinions, etc.

Every week it seems like we seem on the field pregame warming up, people saying he looks good, but then the dude don't ball.

It's all a concerted cheating effort by Green and management.  They want the #1 pick and don't want to screw that up.  So they're fine with him just sitting out.  Green coming back now isn't going to put more butts in the seats.  Now that Miami is actually winning, they thought it would be fine to win a game last weekend.  But can't risk anymore.

How is it cheating? 

2 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

How is it cheating? 

Uh... pretty easy to understand the connotation.  Not cheating in that they'll get fined or suspended if discovered.  But cheating the season ticket holders who expect the best product they can provide on the field.  Cheating on the part of management that they're not really trying to win so they secure a high pick.  If they're fine paying AJ Green millions to not play on Sundays, then who are we to say anything?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

Uh... pretty easy to understand the connotation.  Not cheating in that they'll get fined or suspended if discovered.  But cheating the season ticket holders who expect the best product they can provide on the field.  Cheating on the part of management that they're not really trying to win so they secure a high pick.  If they're fine paying AJ Green millions to not play on Sundays, then who are we to say anything?

Pretty sure everyone knew they were tanking as soon as Dalton got benched

13 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Tanking? This Is the Bengals we talking about right?  They suck with or without dalton, no need to make moves to suck more. They literally are the “suck” Dalton got benched because he’s gone next year and they needed to see the backup. 

52 minutes ago, CooL said:

You think season ticket holders really care if AJ Green gets back on the field and catches a few passes? The Bengals suck with or without him. Literally the only people in the world that care about AJ Green playing anymore are fantasy football gamers

I was one of his staunchest supporters and I just dropped him. I got sick of the constant habit of having to drop 2 players just so I could claim 1 guy off waivers at this stage. The constant O to Q to O to Q every week has gotten old.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vthokie3 said:

Bungals don't tank. This is their natural state.

• Haha 1

Biggest string-a-long in fantasy history. He was never gonna play. This was a holdout without the holdout. Just a change in injury designation here and there, etc, etc. until the season is over. 

I expect him to finally play in Week 17, and drop 12/200/3 as a final massive middle finger to all his fantasy owners.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, vercrazy said:

I expect him to finally play in Week 17, and drop 12/200/3 as a final massive middle finger to all his fantasy owners.

If that happens, it will make him the greatest fantasy villain of all time. 🤣

• Haha 1

On 12/5/2019 at 7:45 PM, MStreets said:

I will win my league with him on my bench. It will be my greatest achievement ever.  

It would feel so good to do that. I took him in the back of the 5th round this year of a 14 teamer partially due to when we drafted (he was only supposed to miss a week or two) and also because of keeper potential. It would feel incredible to win essentially without a 5th round pick.

2 hours ago, GoBlue41 said:

Biggest string-a-long in fantasy history. He was never gonna play. This was a holdout without the holdout. Just a change in injury designation here and there, etc, etc. until the season is over. 

This thread should be locked and re-loaded as 2020 Outlook. Lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, matthewpullman93 said:

So...is this guy declared out for week 15 yet?

Nope. He's definitely playing. 😂

• Haha 4

On 12/5/2019 at 7:45 PM, MStreets said:

I will win my league with him on my bench. It will be my greatest achievement ever.  

I finally dropped him last week, but if I make the Championship, I’ll certainly have a bench spot with his name on it so he can join in the celebrations.

He’s been good for locker room morale this year. 🍻

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The reason he wasn't put on IR was because if they did they would have to sign another player to the active roster and cut him a game check. This way, he takes up an active roster spot and they don't have to spend the money on another player. He's clearly not playing.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Picked him up just incase. Lost chark and there's nothing out there

Just an FYI, he didn’t practice today, since I’m pretty sure Rotoworld stopped cover this guy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2019/12/11/21011237/a-j-green-injury-news-bengals-patriots-news

7 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Just an FYI, he didn’t practice today, since I’m pretty sure Rotoworld stopped cover this guy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2019/12/11/21011237/a-j-green-injury-news-bengals-patriots-news

Yeah I seen. My league goes til week 17 so I'm just gonna hold for the 1% chance. There's literally nothing available. 12 man , 9 bench spots 

Not hurt, holding out to stay healthy for next year's FA market.

Edited by Blazer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I dropped him finally. Took me fifteen weeks. I was happy someone else dropped juju, so I picked up juju. Not that he’s done anything. But the wire is thin in that league. I’m still going to hold aj in keeper league to see where he lands next season, maybe he can find a good fit. If so I would have him at round nine value. 

Edited by PizzaBeerFF

8 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Yeah I seen. My league goes til week 17 so I'm just gonna hold for the 1% chance. There's literally nothing available. 12 man , 9 bench spots 

You actually going to have the balls to start him Week 16 or 17? He's a wasted roster spot at this point