1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Really this thread is still going??  No chance he plays this year.  He wants to be fully healthy to get a nice payday in the offseason.

5 hours ago, youngrice said:

Really this thread is still going??  No chance he plays this year.  He wants to be fully healthy to get a nice payday in the offseason.

Leveon Bell said Hi

9 hours ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I dropped him finally. Took me fifteen weeks. I was happy someone else dropped juju, so I picked up juju. Not that he’s done anything. But the wire is thin in that league. I’m still going to hold aj in keeper league to see where he lands next season, maybe he can find a good fit. If so I would have him at round nine value. 

I’d rather have AJ than JuJu, because then at least I won’t be tempted to start him.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I’d rather have AJ than JuJu, because then at least I won’t be tempted to start him.

You should read the following two lines of my post. 

AJ has to be the biggest tease bust in the history of FF. With the team saying week-to-week and the player saying he's going to play. Anything like this ever before? Why would the team collude with his obvious hold out and not just put him on IR or rule him out early every week. It's Tuesday, team should say AJ is out for the week. Stop with the pretend projected points until later in the week when they rule him out. What a strange situation.

38 minutes ago, Blazer said:

AJ has to be the biggest tease bust in the history of FF. With the team saying week-to-week and the player saying he's going to play. Anything like this ever before? Why would the team collude with his obvious hold out and not just put him on IR or rule him out early every week. It's Tuesday, team should say AJ is out for the week. Stop with the pretend projected points until later in the week when they rule him out. What a strange situation.

Putting him on IR would require them to activate another player and pay that guy + Green their salaries. This way they only have to pay Green since he is on the active 53 man roster.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blazer said:

The only one I can think of was Andrew Luck a few years ago, if I remember right the team kept saying he was close to returning but they did eventually rule him out for the year.

20 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

Putting him on IR would require them to activate another player and pay that guy + Green their salaries. This way they only have to pay Green since he is on the active 53 man roster.

That's a valid point. But still, what a strange situation.

Rap reporting this morning that he looks great in practice and wants to play Week 16-17. 

Anyone here grabbing before his 1pm game today to stash for the championship?

Would be a risky start, but against Miami, he could be a huge payoff. 

4 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

Rap reporting this morning that he looks great in practice and wants to play Week 16-17. 

I've still been holding onto him, I doubt I'll actually use him.  At this point it's more about stopping someone else from using Green against me in case Green does do well.

4 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

I can't see myself playing him next weekend even if reports are he looks great. I think I'd need to see a solid game of healthy snaps out of him before I would trust him. I suppose if your team is weak at WR or your league goes until week 17 he may look somewhat attractive.

23 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

Just picked him back up bc of FOMO, but probably no scenario where I start him next week if I make the ‘Ship.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

Now I just think he’s a dumb ****

• Like 1

Word is he may play this week but I'd say almost definitely just another tease.  Anyway no way to trust that he'd make it through the game and actually start him in championship week.  Dalton on the other hand, could be an interesting streamer if AJ miraculously plays...

Maybe he wants to play so he can light up the Dolphins like everyone else, giving teams a nice reminder to open their wallets 

6 minutes ago, abachar said:

Maybe he wants to play so he can light up the Dolphins like everyone else, giving teams a nice reminder to open their wallets 

Makes sense, very logical!  But then again logic doesn't seem to apply in this situation, just like last year with Bell...

On 12/12/2019 at 11:04 PM, MJJ28 said:

I think if they had IR'd him, insurance would have picked up the bill.  Either way, the Bengals are too stupid to understand that concept.

Edited by TTo34

58 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

I think if they had IR'd him, insurance would have picked up the bill.  Either way, the Bengals are too stupid to understand that concept.

That's interesting. So teams have payroll insurance against injured players?

On 11/9/2019 at 9:08 PM, TTo34 said:

If I were A.J. Green, I would sign the franchise tag he is probably going to get and pull another paid holdout next year.  I mean, who wouldn't like getting $20 million plus without doing anything?

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

🤔

Looks like AJ is ready to take the Bengles for another ride.  Free money.

3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

🤔

“I’m not a guy that’s going to sit out the whole year.”

Except for this year, that is. 🤣

• Haha 1