1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

On 12/18/2019 at 11:48 AM, Dislimb said:

“I’m not a guy that’s going to sit out the whole year.”

Except for this year, that is. 🤣

He is such a pos

Bengals placed WR A.J. Green (ankle) on injured reserve.

Green was kept on the active roster for 16 of 17 weeks and didn't record a single snap. From failing to gauge the trade market to assuming he'd play without an extension in-hand mid-season, the organization obviously could not have handled this situation any worse. Green said last week that he would have "no problem" signing a franchise tag but would prefer a "longer commitment" from the team if he's staying in Cincinnati. Even if he struggles with the guaranteed money in his contract long-term beyond 2020, the 31-year-old free-agent-to-be is obviously in store for a huge payday down the road. The Bengals will close the year with Tyler Boyd, Alex Erickson, and John Ross in three-wide sets.

Dec 23, 2019, 1:05 PM ET

What the heck were the Bungles waiting for?  This guy essentially got a paid holdout for the entire season.  When it was apparent he wasn't going to play, they should have just IR'd him then.

On 11/16/2019 at 12:05 AM, TTo34 said:

Can't happen when the Bengals put him on IR in week 16 when they finally realize he is not playing.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TTo34 said:

giphy.gif

Haha, this was funny

now on to 2020, probably the same price tag on draft day, u biting?  Would be tempting

edit:  lets assume he gets tagged

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

If a team TRIED to troll the fantasy community they couldn't have done it any more perfectly than this. 

In terms of his price tag next year, I don't think I'd touch him before the 2nd/3rd round turn, especially if he stays in Cincy. 

If he stays in Cincinnati I wouldn't touch him until late 3rd/early 4th.  Even then I'd probably rather have him be my fourth player drafted.  Before this year I was an AJ Green apologist, now not so much.

• Like 1

If this guy at least as dumb as he looks - I still don't see him staying in CIN.

Other hand - if he stays in CIN they may just pay him #1WR money to be the mascot in the stands just to keep him around "for the fans' sake".

He was injured to start the season. If the Bengals didn't end up becoming a disaster and lose most of their games and bench Dalton I think he would have come back this season when healthy. But there was no point risking anything without a long-term contract.

[...] 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

17 hours ago, ZappB said:

If he stays in Cincinnati I wouldn't touch him until late 3rd/early 4th.  Even then I'd probably rather have him be my fourth player drafted.  Before this year I was an AJ Green apologist, now not so much.

Whoa.......were thinking 2/3 and 3/4, call me barbara from shark tank, im out, i see him as a flyer after my top 5 or 6 so picks are locked in

edit:  think fitzgerald adp 2019 is where i have him

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

41 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Whoa.......were thinking 2/3 and 3/4, call me barbara from shark tank, im out, i see him as a flyer after my top 5 or 6 so picks are locked in

edit:  think fitzgerald adp 2019 is where i have him

I don't think Green is falling past round 6 but we'll see what the pre-draft rankings look like next year.  I can understand perfectly if someone doesn't want Green in the first 5-6 rounds.  I'd still see Green in the 4th round as a high-upside but high-risk pick given his injuries and the unknown of a rookie QB - assuming the Bengals draft a new QB.

AJG could easily end up on a different team as well. He is a top tier WR talent.