Sign in to follow this  
ghostdragon

Austin Voth 2019 Outlook

I had to look and see who he played for (plays for the Nationals) cuz I never heard of him before.  AAA numbers this year look solid considering he pitches in the PCL.  ERA in the 4's (it's the PCL) and 10 K/9 vs 2.2 BB/9 in 61 IP.

8 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

So he’s here to stay for now?

I thought this was a spot start? Where are you seeing that he’s here to stay? 

1 minute ago, aMediumPace said:

I thought this was a spot start? Where are you seeing that he’s here to stay? 

I’m reading  the Eric Fedde rotoworld blurb.. that’s where I got it from

FWIW, Pitcher List’s rankings on Monday debuted him at #66 overall, one behind Alzolay and a few ahead of Logan Allen.

Looks like maybe he's increased his velocity from last year - low 90's to mid 90's.

Jamal Collier‏Verified account @JamalCollier Jun 23

In his brief stint in the big leagues last year, Austin Voth’s fastball averaged 91.4mph. During a 1-2-3 first inning he averaged 94.5 mph on the 4-seamer and maxed out at 95.8mph. We’ll see if he can maintain it, but a good sign

This was against the Braves.

Via Reddit 

So out of 31 PCL qualified starters, Voth's 4.4 ERA is actually the 6th best. His FIP of 3.75, is the 2nd best. His xFIP, also the 2nd best. His K/9? 2nd best. His BB/9? 4th best. Other than Zac Gallen (who had a pretty nice debut for the Marlins a couple days ago) he's basically been the PCL's best starter this year.

There is chance we may gotten better  

• Like 3

Yeah I am looking forward to charting/watching him today.

His last start certainly represented large gains in his FA and backs up why he was having much success in AA, it sat 94+ with great spin and command. He threw it at a 73+% strike rate and generated a whopping 12 whiffs with it. Curve looked awfully nice as well, great shape with very good horizontal action to it, he had 3 whiffs with it. I hope to see more cutters and change-ups today, they both looked solid and give him a much needed 3rd/4th options.

• Like 1

Even though I already have 3 starters going today, I'm thinking about picking up Voth and rolling him out there.  His first start was obviously pretty good, and it's Detroit today.  It also seems like his AAA numbers look worse than they should be from what einstein posted.

Chart was not as disappointing as his performance at least...

FA- not as hard as the previous start but close at 93.3 MPH on average, touched 95+ with good vertical movement, he threw 47--30 for strikes with 21 cuts and 2 whiffs

CU- had the hook working well, great shape and horizontal action on, sat 80, spun up 21--13 for strikes with 10 hacks and 5 whiffs on it

FC- really needs to ramp up the usage here because it charts as a pretty good offering with plenty of dive/dart movement and compliments his velo spectrum well at 86-89 MPH, he threw 5--1 strikes with a swing and a whiff

CH- only 4 at between 85-86 MPH, good fade--2 strikes and 2 swings on it

According to the plotting he was just missing off the edges, even had several that were in the zone and not called strikes...though it appeared he buried a few too many in the dirt, still almost nothing over the heart of the plate whatsoever. IF he starts breaking out the cutter or even change more than it will help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anybody running him out there today at home vs KC? I think he should have a good night with a decent amount of K’s. This is a make or break game to secure his rotation spot in my opinion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tywalson said:

Anybody running him out there today at home vs KC? I think he should have a good night with a decent amount of K’s. This is a make or break game to secure his rotation spot in my opinion.

Hoping for a W from him &/or at least double digit points.

7 hours ago, tywalson said:

I would be very surprised if he sticks in the rotation after tonight. How do you pitch great vs ATL & then struggle vs DET & KC?