candygram4mongo

Austin Hooper 2019 Outlook

Another day, another practice...so seems like knee is holding up just fine? Great player, who was producing as the TE1 overall and good matchup this week!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eddie Mush said:

Ugh I have Hooper and Doyle. This is frustratingly hard now.

Same here. Maybe I can flex one

I don't know about all of you, but I'm very nervous for how he is going to be used once he's back.  He's been great, and the Falcons need a reliable check down option, but I've seen this story a thousand times before.  When guys come back from injury they are either not playing to 100% level, or the team has changed their scheme and is now not as relevant in the offense.  I'm worried that's going to happen here.  Thankfully I can use my bye this week to see how he does.

• Like 1

Tempted to start him. 

Hunter Henry went for 100 and 2 TD's in his first game back from a knee injury.

• Thanks 1

hooper was the most consistent week to week starter on my team and had the highest ppg avg of any tight end.  would you sit kelce if he was coming back from an injury?  assuming he starts, no way this guy should be benched in fantasy lineups in my opinion...

6 minutes ago, herschel said:

hooper was the most consistent week to week starter on my team and had the highest ppg avg of any tight end.  would you sit kelce if he was coming back from an injury?  assuming he starts, no way this guy should be benched in fantasy lineups in my opinion...

This. Hooper was TE1 before the injury, right? At the minimum he was right behind Kelce. I think you have to plug him in if he's playing. Shoot, Jaeden freakin' Graham went 4/4 for 41 yards and TD last week.

On 12/5/2019 at 12:38 PM, Eddie Mush said:

Ugh I have Hooper and Doyle. This is frustratingly hard now.

Lol I see you and raise to Mark Andrews...

I have him and Julio.

Im hoping that since both are active, it’ll open up for both of them to “eat.”

Starting both, and not looking at my phone for fantasy updates until well after church service 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nn4mz said:

I have him and Julio.

Im hoping that since both are active, it’ll open up for both of them to “eat.”

Starting both, and not looking at my phone for fantasy updates until well after church service 🤣

You might want to pray for a Julio touchdown while you're there.  Divine intervention is probably the only way he'll get into the end zone at this point.

• Haha 1

The Panthers are the 6th best team against the TE in the NFL. 

You have to think Hooper is match up proof. 

Targets were there.  Got dinged up a bit but finished the game and looks like he’s healthy moving forward.  Tough matchup but will be hard to sit at sf.

23 minutes ago, herschel said:

Targets were there.  Got dinged up a bit but finished the game and looks like he’s healthy moving forward.  Tough matchup but will be hard to sit at sf.

Dinged up? What happened?

10 minutes ago, FrancoJavierM said:

With Ridley out, will this help Hooper? 

If he’s healthy and can go I think it’s a net neutral. Probably more involved but won’t have things as opened up. As long as he’s practicing fully by Friday I like his chances in what we can all assume will be catchup mode. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aapox said:

Dinged up? What happened?

Not sure exactly what happened but he was down on the field for a bit but walked off on his own and ended up only missing a few plays.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, herschel said:

Not sure exactly what happened but he was down on the field for a bit but walked off on his own and ended up only missing a few plays.

Thanks. I feel like tight ends take a beating with all those catches in traffic and almost all of the top 8-10 guys this year have had issues. Makes me want to draft 2 next year.

Only around 65% of snaps last week...hoping it was just him getting back up to speed?

SF is not a super friendly matchup, but they are pretty injured after Saints game and did give up 3 TDs to saints TE too...with no more Ridley around, and a rotating cast of meh remaining at WR, it would be well within the realm to see a double digit target game as long as game script stays in his favor--which it certainly is set up to.

5 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Only around 65% of snaps last week...hoping it was just him getting back up to speed?

SF is not a super friendly matchup, but they are pretty injured after Saints game and did give up 3 TDs to saints TE too...with no more Ridley around, and a rotating cast of meh remaining at WR, it would be well within the realm to see a double digit target game as long as game script stays in his favor--which it certainly is set up to.

Agree with everything here. I'm going back to the well, especially given game script and the banged up SF defense. Hopefully his practice reports look good.