Sign in to follow this  
osb_tensor

Brendan McKay 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, BRYZZO said:

6 IP/3 K’s/0 ER...that’s what we all who snagged him wanted to see! Hopefully he takes this momentum into his next outing. I don’t see him being sent down anytime soon. 

And Yahoo still has him listed as NA lol 

Not the Yahoo I play on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read somewhere they’d like him at 150 IP this year, that’s get him on schedule for 180 or so next year

 

So 12-15 starts this year if he is a SP only 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm already really tired of hearing about him. Congrats to those who got on the McKay train 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Gets the Yankees next Thursday. Welcome to the AL East, kid.

As long as it’s not in the London National Little Park then it could be decent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

As long as it’s not in the London National Little Park then it could be decent?

It's also in Tropicana and not Yankee Stadium, so that helps.

Still, against their lineup, it could be rough.  Whether I start him or not, it will be interesting to see how he does.  It's not out of the realm of possibility that he actually does good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He made Judge and Stanton look bad in their minor league rehab assignment lately, so there's hope. Tough task, but he's a pretty special rook.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Any word if they are going to let him bat? Would love Ohtani-Lite on my team. 

saw Marc Topkin say on Twitter that he should DH some this week; check his page for more accurate info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, treat88 said:

He made Judge and Stanton look bad in their minor league rehab assignment lately, so there's hope. Tough task, but he's a pretty special rook.

He made Stanton look like a lost puppy with a 3 pitch strikeout. But ya I think most pitchers are a sit these days vs the Yankees. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KidDynamite420 said:

He made Stanton look like a lost puppy with a 3 pitch strikeout. But ya I think most pitchers are a sit these days vs the Yankees. 

That's fair, although it helps that it will be at Tropicana and not Yankee Stadium.  I know I said that yesterday too, but it still applies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting every 6th day renders him almost useless in weekly leagues.  No double starts ever.  Tough to start in weekly points leagues on one start, especially if he won't be going deep into games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Starting every 6th day renders him almost useless in weekly leagues.  No double starts ever.  Tough to start in weekly points leagues on one start, especially if he won't be going deep into games.

If he gets consistent ABs it could offset the lack of two start weeks (assuming your league settings allow the dual eligibility). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

He isn't a good hitter 

He hit .265 with 4 HR and 10 RBI in AAA this year (albeit small sample size). Not saying he is going to hit like Ohtani, but I think he can still contribute. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sasnumberonefan said:

He hit .265 with 4 HR and 10 RBI in AAA this year (albeit small sample size). Not saying he is going to hit like Ohtani, but I think he can still contribute. 

Ok? We shall see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, urban2014 said:

Ok? We shall see

4 HRs in the minors is a joke 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get him. I will stick with the SP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, urban2014 said:

Get him. I will stick with the SP

Sour cuz you didn’t pick him up or something? Guys a real pitching talent and is a free space bat in ESPN leagues. Most people want him for his elite pitching not his average bat anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is he cemented as a starter or would they consider using him as an "opener" or "primary pitcher" to limit his innings? Being an opener would be the worst case fantasy wise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KidDynamite420 said:

Sour cuz you didn’t pick him up or something? Guys a real pitching talent and is a free space bat in ESPN leagues. Most people want him for his elite pitching not his average bat anyways.

Nope. I have the SP and the hitter is still on the wire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, urban2014 said:

Nope. I have the SP and the hitter is still on the wire

Ohhh I gotchya. I think that's silly how Yahoo does it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.