Sign in to follow this  
osb_tensor

Brendan McKay 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Sonny_D said:

He gave up 7 hits, and 3 of them to Xander. That’s only 4 hits to the rest of the potent Sox lineup. What’s so “hilarious” about my statement? You don’t think 4 hits to the rest of the team is “pretty good?” 

Like I said, Xander had his number. And the 2nd HR, he had no business hitting that out. Pitch was up neck level. All you can do is tip your cap. 

Anyway when I see a pitching line where only 1 player does the damage and everyone else is held in check, while I may not like the final line I’m usually encouraged by the performance and feel optimism moving forward. If you watched any of the gane you’d probably feel optimistic too. 

Yeah and Xander is in a space right now he can hit anything not nailed down.  He is white hot.  No pitcher could keep him in the park.

The fact that he is over a K an inning now despite the slow start in his first two games with the strikeouts is encouraging and in line with his minor league totals. Very rare for a young pitcher to be so polished.

18 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

As of right now, I have him in there because I don't have anybody else to put in instead of him, but I'm tempted to make the effort to get him out of there.  I like McKay obviously, but it's really rough with it being in Fenway.  Boston isn't as good against LHP (most teams aren't), but it would have been a lot better if it was in Tampa rather than Boston.

I ended up starting him yesterday and so glad I did! 

The real question is does he stay up and keep a SP spot 

Well, as I suspected, he wasn’t sent down after his last start so he was pretty much up for good this time imo. This just solidifies the situation.

Man, how many bulk guys can they run out there? Would have to think one of Kittredge or Beeks may be asked to go the traditional starter route. Would expect DeLeon to be up in short order as well and probably be an option. 

Great control but he keeps giving up homers. He is up to 7 in 6 appearances.

11 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

Great control but he keeps giving up homers. He is up to 7 in 6 appearances.

welcome to MLB 2019.

• Like 2

He no longer has a two start week? CBS shows only 1 now. Bummer. 

9 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

He no longer has a two start week? CBS shows only 1 now. Bummer. 

Nope, thanks to the Rays.  It's becoming way too common to be saying that about the Rays.  Anyways, I'm guessing he was originally supposed to start today, but now he's starting tomorrow and they are doing the opener/bulk thing again today.  It's a real shame since the second start was supposed to be against Detroit.  He'll get Seattle to start off next week, but still, kinda sucks.

3 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Nope, thanks to the Rays.  It's becoming way too common to be saying that about the Rays.  Anyways, I'm guessing he was originally supposed to start today, but now he's starting tomorrow and they are doing the opener/bulk thing again today.  It's a real shame since the second start was supposed to be against Detroit.  He'll get Seattle to start off next week, but still, kinda sucks.

@ San Diego tomorrow. 

Next week “would” be two starts Seattle and Baltimore. If they let him. 🤷‍♂️ 

37 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

@ San Diego tomorrow. 

Next week “would” be two starts Seattle and Baltimore. If they let him. 🤷‍♂️ 

That would be one hell of a consolation prize if they let him pitch twice next week.  I would think he almost has to pitch in both though as they don't have a day off next week.

• Like 1

Anyone else feeling like he is approaching drop territory? I mean the Ks are nice but seems like they're keeping him capped at 85 pitches and he hasn't put up good ratios since coming back. Walked 6 guys in 4 innings today, yikes.

49 minutes ago, bigboyish said:

Anyone else feeling like he is approaching drop territory? I mean the Ks are nice but seems like they're keeping him capped at 85 pitches and he hasn't put up good ratios since coming back. Walked 6 guys in 4 innings today, yikes.

Strongly considering it in my redraft after the debacle tonight. Not like he has a ton of upside ROS anyways, the Rays don’t want him throwing a ton of innings and going deep into games so realistically going into each start you can only hope for 5-6 innings from him max. 

Anyone think he’s worth it in QS leagues for next week? Seems to be in line for 2 starts vs SEA and @BAL. Has he been on a pitch limit In his recent starts? Looks like he’s went 5 or less innings in all but one start. 

I moved him in a QS keeper league. I'm competing and seems like hell be limited or shut down soon. Hes been going 80-90 pitches a start, doesnt bode well in a QS league. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Csiebert5 said:

Anyone think he’s worth it in QS leagues for next week? Seems to be in line for 2 starts vs SEA and @BAL. Has he been on a pitch limit In his recent starts? Looks like he’s went 5 or less innings in all but one start. 

Sea and bal are pretty juicy. Couldn’t he help in the other categories even if he only goes 5?

3 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Sea and bal are pretty juicy. Couldn’t he help in the other categories even if he only goes 5?

That’s my dilemma. Super juicy matchups. K’s W’s WHIP ERA He can still really help in. I’m leaning towards picking him up. Just hate to see he’s been capped at 80-90 pitches lately. 

In a weekly league, I can see giving him a shot with the matchups.  In a daily league, I'm still not touching him until he pitches good again.  It's been a while, and his last matchup was juicy enough (San Diego sucks vs. LHP).

Do we have to wait for the game to end before complaining on here or do we have special permission today?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

Do we have to wait for the game to end before complaining on here or do we have special permission today?

You just have to wait until the pitcher is out of the game. 

McKay sucks. 

• Haha 1

I hate to make excuses, but CB Bucknor was the home plate ump tonight and he was, as per usual, absolute garbage. McKay would’ve had a completely different line tonight if there was a competent ump behind the plate.

Many pitchers have to deal with these guys, and McKay clearly couldn’t battle through it, so it is what it is. But he was absolutely screwed on multiple occasions.