Simsanityy179

Mitchell Robinson 2019-2020 Outlook

Going to be a tossup between Robinson and Zion for biggest bust relative to draft position this year.  I mean if you got him 4th round fine but some guys were targeting him around 25-30.

Edited by laurilegend
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, laurilegend said:

Going to be a tossup between Robinson and Zion for biggest bust relative to draft position this year.  I mean if you got him 4th round fine but some guys were targeting him around 25-30.

Some guys targeted him at 13.  😂

• Haha 1

If he's available in the 4th round and you need blocks, then you should take the gamble. Anything earlier, don't reach too much. That's pretty much been my stance on Mitch. 

Everytime I click on this bum's thread to lurk and laugh, I start to itch. Need a hot shower immediately. 

• Like 1

Biggest bust, bum, don't take him unless he slips far...lots of hate piled on to this guy. I really don't see the issue, in 9-cat leagues he's solid. FG%, rebounds, steals, blocks, low TOs. Fits a punt assist team nicely.

Sure, I understand someone disagreeing with the price of a player, but I highly doubt he's going to be the "bust of the year" relative to ADP. If that's the case, your build obviously doesnt value him, so simply dont draft him. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

people hold your horses, too early to conclude that this guy's a bum. hold on and see how it goes for a couple weeks, months even if you can afford depending on your standing. wait for a good streak and sell high, or hang on because chances are Mitch Rob will be a monster during fantasy playoffs

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, fitzroid said:

people hold your horses, too early to conclude that this guy's a bum. hold on and see how it goes for a couple weeks, months even if you can afford depending on your standing. wait for a good streak and sell high, or hang on because chances are Mitch Rob will be a monster during fantasy playoffs

Sure, don't sell at rock bottom but some warning signs are flashing:

1) Looked bad in preseason, as an ascending young player you look more at preseason and his was objectively poor.

2) Has had injury issues and apparently is starting early this year with a sprained ankle entering week 1.

3) Team has a funky a** rotation and coach is prone to mood swing rotations in general and Mitch isn't one of the big FA signings like Randle that will be showcased.

But that said zero reason to trade him right now if you drafted him you just gotta hold tight and see how he looks in a month or so.

12 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

him right now if you drafted him you just gotta hold tight and see how he looks in a month or so.

angtft.jpg

• Haha 2

Wait, season hasn't started and people are down on this swat machine?  Please.  Double digit boards and will lead the league in blocks.  He will be fine.  Stinks that he is injured, but he will return top 30 value this year when its all said and done.

Post All Star Break last year (24 games):

9 pts, 9rbs, 3 blks, 69% FG, 68% FT.  Expect FT to tick up a few as he was drastically improving as the year went on.  60/73 with close to a double double and a boatload of blocks.  A young Marcus Camby.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, qpeeters said:

angtft.jpg

When I started doing research a few weeks ago I figured this guy would be a sleeper.  Turns out everybody and their brother figured the same and he got over rated.  Luckily he had an up and down preseason (I watch a lot of Knicks for some reason) and I soured on him before the draft.  He went for 3rd round value in our auction.  Good luck to his owners.

I had him last year man and he was a freaking beast on the blocks. I think a lot of people are expecting a huge leap from last year, but I just don't think he's worth the 3rd round value yet. Expect days where he'll get fouls early in the first and be benched.

This dude is giving me 2013-2014 Larry Sanders vibes. Everyone was high on him after averaging almost 3 blocks in limited minutes but at the end of the day he was not a good defender and people blew a early pick on him and he regressed. 

I’m a NYK fan so I honestly hope he does amazing but as a fantasy team owner, I’m probably staying away if the price is a top 40 pick.

This pig has been ruled out tonight......... The fact he's ruled out early is concerning. 

2 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

This pig has been ruled out tonight......... The fact he's ruled out early is concerning. 

Yeah, that's not good.  I got him pretty late in a 10-team draft....6th round, so I was willing to take him.  I never got the 2nd round love he got.  Hope he gets it together, but a lot of people who took him in the top 25 or so have to be sweating it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Highlander23 said:

Yeah, that's not good.  I got him pretty late in a 10-team draft....6th round, so I was willing to take him.  I never got the 2nd round love he got.  Hope he gets it together, but a lot of people who took him in the top 25 or so have to be sweating it.

fortunately for me, someone just dropped him and i'm about to swoop him for larry nance essentially getting M Rob at 7th round value (9th for my league - 14 team but 10 man rosters); figure M rob's double double ceiling is far higher than Nance's (though he finished the year fairly strong)... and frankly, while i get the M Rob hate is specifically for using an early round pick on him, i can't imagine him hurting your squad as your third or fourth center.

I'm wondering if Fizdale thinks Portis, Morris and Rabb are better than Mitchell Robinson 🤔

9 minutes ago, zykomonkey said:

fortunately for me, someone just dropped him and i'm about to swoop him for larry nance essentially getting M Rob at 7th round value (9th for my league - 14 team but 10 man rosters); figure M rob's double double ceiling is far higher than Nance's (though he finished the year fairly strong)... and frankly, while i get the M Rob hate is specifically for using an early round pick on him, i can't imagine him hurting your squad as your third or fourth center.

As crazy as it sounds I might prefer Nance until MitchRob proves he can do something this year.  Nance is a lock for 10/8/3 with 1.5 steals, .5 threes, .5 blocks efficiently.  MitchRob isn't even playing atm and when he does play he will rely on blocks, bc Nance is better in every other way.

10 minutes ago, Chrizz said:

The Knicks just added Ivan Rabb to their PF/C collection. 

That's concerning for Rob owners... Lol i'm sure they're downplaying the severity like they did with ZION, but I could be wrong :S

59 minutes ago, Chrizz said:

The Knicks just added Ivan Rabb to their PF/C collection. 

I thought Fiz’s plan was to play 5 bigs in the starting line up. Didn’t know he wanted his 6th man to be a big too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

As crazy as it sounds I might prefer Nance until MitchRob proves he can do something this year.  Nance is a lock for 10/8/3 with 1.5 steals, .5 threes, .5 blocks efficiently.  MitchRob isn't even playing atm and when he does play he will rely on blocks, bc Nance is better in every other way.

yeah and i literally just now saw the report that Nance is getting an uber-green light to fire away from beyond the arc making him even more valuable lol

i just feel that with MitchRob's BLK/FG% upside and having already been impatiently sent to the wire this early, i should pounce on the opportunity of turning the value; maybe pivot from dropping Nance to dropping WCJ instead? obviously Chicago is just as much a question as New York is in terms of what coach will be putting on the floor but at least CHI doesn't really have any bigs to challenge WCJ.

i just don't have any obvious discards in my lineup 🤬

40 minutes ago, zykomonkey said:

yeah and i literally just now saw the report that Nance is getting an uber-green light to fire away from beyond the arc making him even more valuable lol

i just feel that with MitchRob's BLK/FG% upside and having already been impatiently sent to the wire this early, i should pounce on the opportunity of turning the value; maybe pivot from dropping Nance to dropping WCJ instead? obviously Chicago is just as much a question as New York is in terms of what coach will be putting on the floor but at least CHI doesn't really have any bigs to challenge WCJ.

i just don't have any obvious discards in my lineup 🤬

I'd drop someone, just not Nance.

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2019 at 12:00 PM, HispasianTuna said:

We'll revisit this after ASG lol. 

Looks like we won't have to. This bum is toast lol.

David Fizdale implied after Wednesday's loss that he may stick with Bobby Portis in the starting lineup over Mitchell Robinson (ankle).

"Whether Mitchell was playing or not I probably was going to come to this conclusion," Fizdale said of starting Portis in New York's frontcourt alongside Julius Randle.

https://theathletic.com/1319522/2019/10/24/rj-barrett-pops-david-fizdale-juggles-lineup-7-observations-from-knicks-120-111-loss-at-spurs/

spacer.png

• Haha 1