Simsanityy179

Mitchell Robinson 2019-2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, adreeyun said:

Haven't been following this guy. Why are people saying he's a bum?

He's injured atm.  He's injury prone.  He's on a team with 5 bigs with an erratic coach.  His counting stats suck.  He's only good for blocks and people are realizing they spent a 3rd rounder on him when they could have gotten Thybulle or Kleber for free.

• Haha 1

Just now, brickcitymamba said:

I'm not good at converting draft rounds into auction fees - if I paid 12 of my 200 to get him, did I also overpay?

$12 dollars lol. Dude is not even worth a bag of Doritos and a Gatorade.

• Haha 1

Just now, brickcitymamba said:

I'm not good at converting draft rounds into auction fees - if I paid 12 of my 200 to get him, did I also overpay?

I would say you wasted about $10 bc there are bigs you can get with that last 1-2 dollars who are likely to perform as well as he will.  Hell, Tristan Thompson may have a better year off the wire.

1 minute ago, Trench Mob said:

$12 dollars lol. Dude is not even worth a bag of Doritos and a Gatorade.

I threw out a bluff, hoping peeps would fall for the dummy, and then just waited as the auction timer counted down to zero. Fun times. I guess it's just down to rookie moves at my first ever auction, ended up getting quite a few players I didn't intend to buy.

Edited by brickcitymamba

8 minutes ago, adreeyun said:

Haven't been following this guy. Why are people saying he's a bum?

More because of the situation or just misplaced annoyance.  Robinson is not a bum.  He was just drafted too high by people that disregarded his situation.

His coach is a bum.  The organization is horrible.  I didn't draft any Knicks because of it and I will continue to stay away from anyone on the Knicks on the wire.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

Im not high on Robinson but I think $12 is fair.

side note: This thread might end up being funnier than the Myles Turner thread of a couple seasons ago with over 50 pages. (Year 3, post Paul George)

Edited by FantasyBallFan

4 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

At least you're not the dude who was paying $30 in my high-stakes Yahoo leagues. They could've gotten Ayton for that much.

12 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

He's injured atm.  He's injury prone.  He's on a team with 5 bigs with an erratic coach.  His counting stats suck.  He's only good for blocks and people are realizing they spent a 3rd rounder on him when they could have gotten Thybulle or Kleber for free.

Dude it absolutely blew my mind that people were drafting this guy as early as the 3rd round. A top 30 pick for essentially a single-category player is just ridiculous to me. I picked him up from the wire last year and he was great, but idk why anyone would consider him anywhere earlier than round 5-6, considering his limited contributions everywhere else and just how absolutely horsesh*t Fizdale's rotations are.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Im not high on Robinson but I think $12 is fair.

side note: This thread might end up being funnier than the Myles Turner thread of a couple seasons ago. (Year 3, post Paul George)

I hear what you're saying.  The difference is that Turner was really hyped in real life and had a bad season from a fan perspective.  This was the polar opposite.  I promise not a casual fan in the world outside of his momma and NYK fans even know who MitchRob is.  The rotoworld guys took a 2 month sample size and spun it into a fairytale.  It's the difference between an actual good player having an off year and in this case a house of cards collapsing.

Absolutely ridiculous overreactions in here right now. Waiver wire talk? <$10 auction value? Of course drafting a young Knick was going to be a risky play but he just needs around 25 minutes to produce early round value. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's not really so much of an overreaction is that most of us thought it all along.  Admittedly I threw a dart at him in the 4th round in a punt points/FT build.  But in about a dozen auctions I never felt inclined to throw a dollar at him.  Now you could be correct in stating that he has potential still.  But what you don't understand is that legions of people got him in the 3rd round upon rotoworld's advice.  I say this with almost mathematical certainty: he's not producing top 35 value.  If I'm wrong hmu at the end of the season and I'll buy you a beer.

• Like 1

Just now, HispasianTuna said:

Not yet!

Lol. It was over before it even started. 

Now to delete this dude's thread from my search history. It even makes my internet lag.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I hear what you're saying.  The difference is that Turner was really hyped in real life and had a bad season from a fan perspective.  This was the polar opposite.  I promise not a casual fan in the world outside of his momma and NYK fans even know who MitchRob is.  The rotoworld guys took a 2 month sample size and spun it into a fairytale.  It's the difference between an actual good player having an off year and in this case a house of cards collapsing.

In no way was I comparing their talent although I believe Turner was over drafted that year. That Turner was way better than the NBA player that Mitch Rob is. 

I was referring to the outrage from the owners.

Just now, FantasyBallFan said:

In no way was I comparing their talent although I believe Turner was over drafted that year. That Turner was way better than the NBA player that Mitch Rob is. 

I was referring to the outrage from the owners.

I understand that.  What I'm saying is that Turner owners were eventually rewarded, if not that year, but in subsequent years.  I just don't see MitchRob shaking out the way some people think.  Though he has potential.

As someone with no shares of Mitchell Robinson and someone who is nowhere near a Knicks fan, I feel bad for their fanbase right now because this franchise is a joke.  Their owner is a complete clown and easily one of the worst owners in sports.  Their coach is probably the worst in the league and doesn't seem to recognize young talent if it kicked him in the a**.  Instead of giving run to guys like Robinson and Knox and DSJ and Ntilikina to see what you have with your young pieces, you're giving extended run to a guy who punched a teammate in the face and a guy who is the less talent twin brother of a group of brothers that aren't good to begin with.  People may say Charlotte or Cleveland is further from contending, but until the Knicks kick Fizdale's a** to the curb and Dolan sells the team, they are going to continue to be a joke franchise that won't attract quality FAs (other than Taj Gibson of course lol).

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

More because of the situation or just misplaced annoyance.  Robinson is not a bum.  He was just drafted too high by people that disregarded his situation.

His coach is a bum.  The organization is horrible.  I didn't draft any Knicks because of it and I will continue to stay away from anyone on the Knicks on the wire.

I see. I’m still so surprised people were drafting him so high. 

Fizdale continuing his clown show. His entire career has been based on riding the coattails of Coach Spo. You know you're trash level when Gasol doesn't even like you. 

He will never get another head coaching gig again and I'd expect him to be on an ESPN panel at some point.