Simsanityy179

Mitchell Robinson 2019-2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

but as a waiver wire add, he lived up to like top 30-top 40 production. this year with similar situation he can do the same.... i don't get it. 

Thing is, it’s not really a similar situation. Portis, Randle and Taj showed up. Then of course the Fiz. 

• Like 1

Just now, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

but as a waiver wire add, he lived up to like top 30-top 40 production. this year with similar situation he can do the same.... i don't get it. 

If you were concerned, you shouldn't have drafted him clearly you dont know his value lol

He was drafted in the second round in many of my leagues. With this coach and stacked frontcourt thats just too risky imo. 

1 minute ago, Chrizz said:

He was drafted in the second round in many of my leagues. With this coach and stacked frontcourt thats just too risky imo. 

2nd round? really, that seems too high and definteily would have went with gobert/drummond over him. went 4th in mine. Im happy with that

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry

5 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

2nd round? really, that seems too high. went 4th in mine. Im happy with that

yep 4th seems good value. I got him in the 4th also. even with minutes in the low 20s he will have early midround value I think. But with this coach I doubt he will be fully unleashed. His yahoo pre rank was 25th. and many people draft based on these ranks so he went really early in many yahoo leagues. Capela for example was ranked 47th and got drafted after Mitch Rob in most leagues. 

Edited by Chrizz

4 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

2nd round? really, that seems too high and definteily would have went with gobert/drummond over him. went 4th in mine. Im happy with that

I agree wow 2nd round yikes. That’s way too early. 4th is fine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

well if you have kept up to date with news, we've had more protests than ever it seems lol

so if you're scared preseason/offseason why did you draft him... its an overreaction, dont tell me its not. NOTHINGs happened since, yet after the tweet about him being "benched" came out, all the noob gm's came out to say OH NO hes a dud. not an overreaction?

I drafted him in the fourth round of one snake draft because I was in a punt FT/points build.  I also knew I wouldn’t be targeting in auction. Sometimes I’ll take a flyer on a player I wouldn’t otherwise target if I’m in multiple leagues to diversify.  That way if he hits I’ll at least have one share but if he misses it only hurts me in one team.

It’s about value relative to draft position and fit for your team.  The problem is that Rotoworld hyped him as a second round target based on nothing more than that he performed that way the last two months of the season.  There are a lot of red flags including: the knicks have five bigs, fizdale is an erratic coach, he’s a big with injury history which is the riskiest sort of player to draft, the sample size of his performance is too small. Etc.  

MitchRob is 9h10h which I’m fine with.  He can hit hard and make straights/flushes.  But he can also miss pretty hard.  I’m fine acknowledging that as long as you account for his upside and risk. The problem is that Rotoworld pegged him as pocket Aces and now he can’t live up to that.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I drafted him in the fourth round of one snake draft because I was in a punt FT/points build.  I also knew I wouldn’t be targeting in auction. Sometimes I’ll take a flyer on a player I wouldn’t otherwise target if I’m in multiple leagues to diversify.  That way if he hits I’ll at least have one share but if he misses it only hurts me in one team.

It’s about value relative to draft position and fit for your team.  The problem is that Rotoworld hyped him as a second round target based on nothing more than that he performed that way the last two months of the season.  There are a lot of red flags including: the knicks have five bigs, fizdale is an erratic coach, he’s a big with injury history which is the riskiest sort of player to draft, the sample size of his performance is too small. Etc.  

MitchRob is 9h10h which I’m fine with.  He can hit hard and make straights/flushes.  But he can also miss pretty hard.  I’m fine acknowledging that as long as you account for his upside and risk. The problem is that Rotoworld pegged him as pocket Aces and now he can’t live up to that.  

Mitch is more like J10 suited.

Just now, HispasianTuna said:

Mitch is more like J10 suited.

You know I almost said that 😂

It’s standard to Raise from mid position with a suited connector.  The problem is that Rotoworld advocated cold calling three bets with it.  

• Haha 1

Let's get back to the subject. Mitch is like J10h and your opponent has pocket 7's. Flop comes 8h-9h-2d. Not a made hand yet, but you're more than likely to hit.  

• Haha 1

I didn't think I'd learn so much about playing suited connectors from a Mitch Robinson thread. Thanks fellas

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

really. youre saying rotoworld pegged him as aces? the #1 pick and you believed them? what a shame

they've also said other stuff and theres actually a thread of their blunders....but yes lets continue taking everything they say word for word

He got selected 14th in one of their mock drafts and they talked constantly about how you’d need grab him in the second.  Then they’d pay themselves on the back and laugh about how you’d need to reach for him if you draft with them.  

They got Siakam right, FVF, Shai, those are the ones off the top of my head.  Ofc you could’ve taken all those guys and still be sunk if you took MitchRob in the second.  

4 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

Thing is, it’s not really a similar situation. Portis, Randle and Taj showed up. Then of course the Fiz. 

how so? are we really thinking taj even matters? and last year they had knox, vonleh and kanter too and fiz was also there. am in no way suggesting he is worth 2nd round value though. 

And if he actually doesnt exceed his minutes from last year I would be really surprised. 

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry

34 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

so you already see rotoworld as right on siakam FVF and shai off one game? another overreaction lol

laughable

Ok then let’s just not say anything for a month. Promise me you’ll not comment for a month?

I see you commenting more than anyone. And you’re not providing any sort of actual analysis you’re just making fun of people for overreacting.  Which is fair because you’re right it’s too small of a sample size.  Yet you’re a complete hypocrite bc you’ve posted more in the last week than the entire offseason.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 1989Bronco said:

Im really hoping he comes back soon,  hes worth holding on to right?

yes he might play in the next game 

6 hours ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

If you were concerned, you shouldn't have drafted him clearly you dont know his value lol

Can't believe I'm getting sucked into this but you're wrong. Vonleh and Kornet were signed for cheap and they aren't Randle, Morris, Taj and Portis.

But what do I know? You know more than we do. Obviously.

Edited by MysticPeak

2/3/1/1/1 already. MA MANNN!

Edit: 6:30 minutes left in the 1Q.

Edited by MysticPeak

1 minute ago, MysticPeak said:

2/3/1/1/1 already. MA MANNN!

Plus he's gassed and looks lazy and out of shape lol.  Just wait til he gets fully up to speed...

• Like 1

4/7/1 with 4 steals and 1 block in 14 minutes

If this guy gets ~23 MPG, he is a top 50 player

• Like 2