Simsanityy179

Mitchell Robinson 2019-2020 Outlook

29 minutes ago, alexstr said:

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here and would love if any Knicks fans could chime in:

I'm an M-Rob owner 2 years running and want him to do well.

BUT whenever I tune in to Knicks games, he doesn't seem to do much other than block shots. 

He doesn't set good screens, he doesn't hustle for rebounds, he doesn't seem to play particularly good D, and he has no offensive game to speak of.

Portis is not a world-beater but the guy averaged 15/7 on 47% FG pre-ASB last year and is a legit veteran NBA big.  He grabs boards, hustles, can knock down 3's, and can even put up 25+ points every now and then.

On a team that is starving for scoring, it doesn't seem that strange to me that Portis is getting 20+ mpg and M-Rob is only getting 20 mpg.  I think he is a very limited player and I'm not sure that playing him 32 minutes a game is the best way for the Knicks to win.  And Fizdale's job as a head coach is to win, not to "develop talent".  Especially like 5 games into a season.

He’s not a good NBA player yet and I think that gets lost. He’s just a lob catcher on offense and he’s not great defensively due to his foul rate and chasing blocks. With that said he has extremely high potential defensively if he ever figures out how to be more selective on the shots he contests and learns the NBA game.

As you said I fully understand why his minutes are getting jerked around. Some will make the argument that he’s their future and should get all the minutes he can handle. I think Fizdale will prioritize winning early on and playing Mitchell 25-30mpg isnt condusive of that. I can see a similar situation where Mitch Rob gets turned loose towards the end of the season once Fiz and the Knicks finally give up on him. 

The Knick signed all these veteran bigs, not specifically Fizdale. It’s clear the Knicks as an organization intend to make an attempt at competing this year. I dont know forsure that a Fizdale firing would lead to more minutes, maybe a more consistent idea of playing time game to game.

Edited by FantasyBallFan

4 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

He’s not a good NBA player yet and I think that gets lost. He’s just a lob catcher on offense and he’s not great defensively due to his foul rate and chasing blocks. With that said he has extremely high potential defensively if he ever figures out how to be more selective on the shots he contests and learns the NBA game.

As you said I fully understand why his minutes are getting jerked around. Some will make the argument that he’s their future and should get all the minutes he can handle. I think Fizdale will prioritize winning early on and playing Mitchell 25-30mpg isnt condusive of that. I can see a similar situation where Mitch Rob gets turned loose towards the end of the season once Fiz and the Knicks finally give up on him. 

The Knick signed all these veteran bigs, not specifically Fizdale. It’s clear the Knicks as an organization intend to make an attempt at competing this year. I dont know forsure that a Fizdale firing would lead to more minutes, maybe a more consistent idea of playing time game to game.

Prioritizing winning has gotten them into last place in the league with a 1-6 record, might as well play the young guns and develop like what he is doing with RJ. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Exactly. In order to get 30+ minutes you need to be competent basketball player. at the moment, Mitch is not one of these.   Potential alone  will not give you 30  minutes.   Stop blaming Knicks or  Fiz only, Mitch  also deserves lots of blame.

7 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Exactly. In order to get 30+ minutes you need to be competent basketball player. at the moment, Mitch is not one of these.   Potential alone  will not give you 30  minutes.   Stop blaming Knicks or  Fiz only, Mitch  also deserves lots of blame.

Mitch is fine. You just can't play him with Randle. 

Last season the most minutes Randle played with a non-shooting big was with Okafor at 9mpg. 

This is all about fit. The Knicks have a bunch of pieces that do not fit together. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Mitch is fine. You just can't play him with Randle. 

Last season the most minutes Randle played with a non-shooting big was with Okafor at 9mpg. 

This is all about fit. The Knicks have a bunch of pieces that do not fit together. 

Randle is playing in the wrong nba generation 😄

Portis is probably better than Robinson... by a large margin in real life. Robinson just gets you blocks which is amazing for fantasy, but not at all equal to real life. Klay Thompson is a great defender but doesn't even get you a steal a game, for example. Same concept  with mitch but the opposite. Defensive and blocks are not the same, even if gold in fantasy. Mitch has no moves, hes slow, can't shoot, can't space the floor, and isn't ready to be a real life top player like his fantasy potential. Shot blocking is very over rated in real life unless it can be done without fouling. JJJ can shoot and is okay on offense so his real life potential value is there even with the fouls, but I think mitch needs a few more years of studying Gobert to contribute to his real life team on both ends of the floor. I guess if Randle was gone and they had a different 3 pt shooter, like starting portis and mitch next to each other would work. 

Edited by johnval1362

52 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

and so do you guys, you realize at 30 mpg he'd be like a late 1st rounder/2nd rounder. No one was expecting this this year. like what u guys expected pre season was way too much

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry

man he was drafted 3rd round in my league ... damn had him last year for playoff run and it was beautiful. Luckily I passed on him this year ... 

2 hours ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

and so do you guys, you realize at 30 mpg he'd be like a late 1st rounder/2nd rounder. No one was expecting this this year. like what u guys expected pre season was way too much

to quote myself: " For me 3rd round is too early to draft for potential.  I prefer established veteran players in early rounds. 5th round  at the earliest"   

Considering the mess that Knicks are, I stayed  away from Mitch in every league.  In other words, I expected nothing from him

3 hours ago, johnval1362 said:

Portis is probably better than Robinson... by a large margin in real life. Robinson just gets you blocks which is amazing for fantasy, but not at all equal to real life. Klay Thompson is a great defender but doesn't even get you a steal a game, for example. Same concept  with mitch but the opposite. Defensive and blocks are not the same, even if gold in fantasy. Mitch has no moves, hes slow, can't shoot, can't space the floor, and isn't ready to be a real life top player like his fantasy potential. Shot blocking is very over rated in real life unless it can be done without fouling. JJJ can shoot and is okay on offense so his real life potential value is there even with the fouls, but I think mitch needs a few more years of studying Gobert to contribute to his real life team on both ends of the floor. I guess if Randle was gone and they had a different 3 pt shooter, like starting portis and mitch next to each other would work. 

Knicks are going nowhere.  Signing Taj Gibson and Julius Randle is going to do nothing but stunt the growth of players like Mitchell Robinson.  Throw in a terrible coach like FIzdale and there you go.  Letting your player rot on the bench is not going to let them get better

I look forward to coming back to this thread in Feb/Mar when Mitch is getting 25 mpg and winning leagues for people.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

to quote myself: " For me 3rd round is too early to draft for potential.  I prefer established veteran players in early rounds. 5th round  at the earliest"   

Considering the mess that Knicks are, I stayed  away from Mitch in every league.  In other words, I expected nothing from him

so top 50 is nothing?

to each their own. i could have also chosen not to gamble and pick him up last year. sometimes the risk is defintiely worth the reward. mitchell can singlehandedly win you blocks in a week so, worth the risk EASILY

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry

13 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

so top 50 is nothing?

to each their own. i could have also chosen not to gamble and pick him up last year. sometimes the risk is defintiely worth the reward. mitchell can singlehandedly win you blocks in a week so, worth the risk EASILY

Taking I risk on a potential category winner  is fine. I just think that investing top 50 pick is too much

• Like 1

I don’t get it in here. OKAY Guys! Thanks for letting us know the gamble didn’t pay off 6 games into a season of 82 games.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, 80version said:

I look forward to coming back to this thread in Feb/Mar when Mitch is getting 25 mpg and winning leagues for people.  

But by then people would be out of their H2H playoff and getting prepared for fantasy baseball.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, HispasianTuna said:

Wouldn't get so excited yet though seeing on how he's foul prone and going up against Drummond. 

You call it foul prone, I call it not knowing how to basketball lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/4/2019 at 12:25 PM, taenggg said:

Fizdale: RJ is 19 years old, bashes load management, plays him 40+ minutes

Also Fizdale: plays Mitch 20 minutes

Shoutout to Josh Lloyd eviscerating Fizdale in yesterday's podcast. 

I mean it's pretty obvious why they are getting such a huge disparity in minutes. 

Barrett can be played in almost any type of lineup. Mitch doesn't fit with Randle, and Randle is their highest paid player. 

I know desperate fantasy owners want Fizdale to validate their picks, but as a coach he is actually stuck in a pretty tough spot with that roster. I say this as someone who went through all this last year and who also owns Robinson this year. 

There are a lot of valid points in this article: 

https://nypost.com/2019/11/04/knicks-finger-pointing-shouldnt-end-with-david-fizdale/

Anyone know why Mitch went to the locker room? He started strong in limited minutes. 

Edited by flat_eric

WHY THE f--- DOES HE ONLY HAVE 8MINS!!! he didnt even come back into the second quarter. He injured or fizdale just ******** bad?