Simsanityy179

Mitchell Robinson 2019-2020 Outlook

The thing is pretty simple here:

Fizdale is killing his value.

Give him more minutes, let him play with the starting unit. Foul trouble is always going to be a concern, but at least you're giving him the chance to improve. Putting an average Taj Gibson isn't improving the defense at all... 

Hoping for garbage time minutes can't be the ROS outlook for this guy. Too much upside. 

17 minutes ago, Amendola96 said:

Give him more minutes, let him play with the starting unit. Foul trouble is always going to be a concern, but at least you're giving him the chance to improve. Putting an average Taj Gibson isn't improving the defense at all... 

Hoping for garbage time minutes can't be the ROS outlook for this guy. Too much upside. 

I dont think Fizdale coaches another game. This has to be it for him

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Amendola96 said:

This is such a superficial take. Anyone who's watched the games this year can see that Robinson has been fouling out with totally undisciplined fouls, to the point that he tweeted about it and then deleted after last game.  

As for starting, Fizdale may not be a good coach but the front office tied his hands when they broke the bank on Randle, Portis, Morris, and Gibson. Portis and Morris might work as stretch fours next to Mitch but no coach is going to send his highest paid player and the offseason's big acquisition to the bench.

12 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

This is such a superficial take. Anyone who's watched the games this year can see that Robinson has been fouling out with totally undisciplined fouls, to the point that he tweeted about it and then deleted after last game.  

As for starting, Fizdale may not be a good coach but the front office tied his hands when they broke the bank on Randle, Portis, Morris, and Gibson. Portis and Morris might work as stretch fours next to Mitch but no coach is going to send his highest paid player and the offseason's big acquisition to the bench.

Didnt catch the Mitch tweet. Curious what he said if you dont mind sharing

13 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Didnt catch the Mitch tweet. Curious what he said if you dont mind sharing

I'll never find it now, I saw it on the Knicks subreddit. To paraphrase it said something like "I can't keep doing these ticky tack fouls because my teammates need me". He deleted it and then later wrote something like "need to work on myself". 

Lo and behold, tonight he had zero fouls and played 30 minutes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I seen that too. I've been holding on tighter to Mitchell Robinson than I have with any player. This guy got me 9 blocks on a sunday last year and won me the cat by 2

1 hour ago, Eltoro said:

I'll never find it now, I saw it on the Knicks subreddit. To paraphrase it said something like "I can't keep doing these ticky tack fouls because my teammates need me". He deleted it and then later wrote something like "need to work on myself". 

Lo and behold, tonight he had zero fouls and played 30 minutes.

Yeah, like, this is pure speculation, but I really believe that a young player like Robinson has big bounce-back potential when he under performs. He's better than he's shown recently, and it's a rare pro player that can't recognise areas of improvement in their game. He wants to be on the court, and I think he knows what he needs to do to stay on it. Just a matter of discipline (and maybe a nudge to Mr. Fritzdale).

13 hours ago, Eltoro said:

None of those 4 is a center. It's all about him for the foul trouble thing. And sometimes you better be superficial and just start your most talented guy, specially when you are 4-18 and nothing is working in your favor. 

1 minute ago, smeeze said:

New coach gonna stop him from picking up 5 fouls in 10 mins?

Look we got hope and here you come.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, oban14 said:

Hoping they fire that coach and get him more consistent minutes.

41 minutes ago, dragonballz said:

Knicks fired Fizdale...

You guys can thank me later.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, oban14 said:

You guys can thank me later.

Impressive, but this dude 

17 hours ago, Soccer8098 said:

I dont think Fizdale coaches another game. This has to be it for him

truly called it!

• Like 5