Simsanityy179

Mitchell Robinson 2019-2020 Outlook

Let's see what Robinson can do now.   No more excuses about terrible coach.

My prediction is that he will not hit 27 min per game ROS for whatever the reason could be (foul trouble, terrible coach again, low basketball IQ,...)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

spacer.png

Ha I remember those commercials. Did you know that it’s actually a girl in a costume? 

8 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Let's see what Robinson can do now.   No more excuses about terrible coach.

My prediction is that he will not hit 27 min per game ROS for whatever the reason could be (foul trouble, terrible coach again, low basketball IQ,...)

given the right circumstance, i think 16-8 with 1.8blks in 27mins is easy for mrob.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As i've said in this thread before.. The Knicks were at odds with Fizdale because they believed they put together a competitive roster and Fizdale was unable to get the best out of them. This firing in no way suggest they are altering their stance about competing and getting more wins. Unfortunately, Mitch Rob isn't conducive to winning at this stage of his career young career so unless they pivot towards tanking I see no way Mitch Rob even plays 25mpg. 

Obviously everyone thinks the Knicks are a** and should be tanking but the publics perception seems irrelevant to this franchise. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, simon said:

Picked this guy up, let’s see what he can bring with fiz gone.

yup - picked him up for a stream then he has 17/7/2/1... then Fizz is fired

guess I'll keep for a little

Edited by Quazza

33 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

As i've said in this thread before.. The Knicks were at odds with Fizdale because they believed they put together a competitive roster and Fizdale was unable to get the best out of them. This firing in no way suggest they are altering their stance about competing and getting more wins. Unfortunately, Mitch Rob isn't conducive to winning at this stage of his career young career so unless they pivot towards tanking I see no way Mitch Rob even plays 25mpg. 

Obviously everyone thinks the Knicks are a** and should be tanking but the publics perception seems irrelevant to this franchise. 

Yeah I've got Mitch and people are really misdiagnosing the issues here. 

Fizdale was not responsible for Mitch fouling or for the Frankenstein fit of the roster, which doesn't lend itself towards the front office goal of being competitive. 

Those idiots Mills and Perry are scrambling for their jobs and I think the most Knicks things possible would be for them to make some stupid win-now move rather than selling the vets and embracing the tank. 

Mitch is a hold for his potential but who knows if/when he reaches that potential.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FantasyBallFan said:

The problem is, whether it's intentional or not, they're still losing most of their games regardless of who is in charge or who is on the court.

It’d be so hilarious if the new coach ends up not playing him at all 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, FantasyBallFan said:

They don't really have a center option outside of Taj who would be better at winning. Mitchell is good at defending the paint when he's playing controlled. He leads the team in winshares. He's the guy you want to become as good as possible as soon as possible. What other options do they really have outside of Mitchell?

6 hours ago, indigorivers said:

They don't really have a center option outside of Taj who would be better at winning. Mitchell is good at defending the paint when he's playing controlled. He leads the team in winshares. He's the guy you want to become as good as possible as soon as possible. What other options do they really have outside of Mitchell?

The option(s) theyve been playing ahead of him all season lol. Again it truly doesnt matter what the public thinks, the Knicks obviously believe Morris, Taj and maybe Bobby Portis are are better than mitch atm.

Whether any fan or fantasy GM disagrees is irrelevant.

Edited by FantasyBallFan

43 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

The option(s) theyve been playing ahead of him all season lol. Again it truly doesnt matter what the public thinks, the Knicks obviously believe Morris, Taj and maybe Bobby Portis are are better than mitch atm.

Your belief in your little theory is impressive. However, your conclusion may be based on sound reasoning, it doesn’t mean that it is factual. Everything is still up in the air and judgment should be reserved until we see how the new coach will handle this team. MRob is a speculative add, but with so much upside that for me, it is worth the risk even on 8-team leagues.

All these people saying the Knicks are trying to win now are dead wrong. Are you joking? You think they fired fizdale because he wasn't winning enough lmao? They fired him for not putting out a lineup that is condusive for the Knicks future and playing guys like marcus Morris and taj Gibson. Completely useless moves for the franchise that were desperation plays to try and get wins to not get him fired. Fizdale was looking out for fizdale and not the Knicks future, and he deservedly got canned. Obvioualy I can be wrong but expect less to nothing from Marcus Morris and taj, while Mitchell Robinson playing until he gets 6 fouls. Same situation as marvin bagley last year with bjelica. They told him either play bagley or get fired, and they finally played bagley and bagley became a great fantasy asset minus injury. Been saying buy low for weeks now. Buy. Low. Now. 

2 hours ago, johnval1362 said:

All these people saying the Knicks are trying to win now are dead wrong. Are you joking? You think they fired fizdale because he wasn't winning enough lmao? They fired him for not putting out a lineup that is condusive for the Knicks future and playing guys like marcus Morris and taj Gibson. Completely useless moves for the franchise that were desperation plays to try and get wins to not get him fired. Fizdale was looking out for fizdale and not the Knicks future, and he deservedly got canned. Obvioualy I can be wrong but expect less to nothing from Marcus Morris and taj, while Mitchell Robinson playing until he gets 6 fouls. Same situation as marvin bagley last year with bjelica. They told him either play bagley or get fired, and they finally played bagley and bagley became a great fantasy asset minus injury. Been saying buy low for weeks now. Buy. Low. Now. 

I’m a longtime knicks fan and definitely don’t think this is true.

The Knicks had a terrible roster last year, instead of trading talent away for picks, they traded for cap space.

The #1 intent of that cap space was to use it for Durant. That didn’t work out, so they used it for veteran players. They did not use it to absorb bad contracts of other teams in exchange for draft picks.

The Knicks preforming worse this season in comparison to last season despite signing veteran players is a coaching Problem. So the coach got fired. If the Knicks were winning more, Fitzrdale would not have been fired. The front office clearly wanted to improve this season, not tank, based off the front office’s offseason transactions. Since the coaching thus far has made the front office look terrible (as it should) the coach gets fired.

If Robinson’s game improves he could be an amazing center, but right now, he is extremely raw both on offense and defense. He needs to outplay the players in front of him for him to earn those minutes.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Bobby got benched for mitch. Taj plays less than mitch in every game blow out or not. I don't even own the guy I just know you're wrong. 

12 minutes ago, Maxcd99 said:

I’m a longtime knicks fan and definitely don’t think this is true.

The Knicks had a terrible roster last year, instead of trading talent away for picks, they traded for cap space.

The #1 intent of that cap space was to use it for Durant. That didn’t work out, so they used it for veteran players. They did not use it to absorb bad contracts of other teams in exchange for draft picks.

The Knicks preforming worse this season in comparison to last season despite signing veteran players is a coaching Problem. So the coach got fired. If the Knicks were winning more, Fitzrdale would not have been fired. The front office clearly wanted to improve this season, not tank, based off the front office’s offseason transactions. Since the coaching thus far has made the front office look terrible (as it should) the coach gets fired.

If Robinson’s game improves he could be an amazing center, but right now, he is extremely raw both on offense and defense. He needs to outplay the players in front of him for him to earn those minutes.

Knicks front office is clearly the worst in the NBA. They may have tried before to win preseason, like you said, but I don't think they're stupid enough to think a new coach will help them win. I think they will try to win, but not by playing veterans, but by getting the most of they can out of rob DSJ and maybe ntilika. You may be right though, the Knicks are pretty stupid so I wouldn't put anything past them. I used to be a Knicks fan but quit on them due to their horrific ownership, poor coaching and useless fans who support their every terrible decision by continually buying tickets making them more profitable than any team. 

I'm not hear to stump for Fizdale because I honestly don't have much of an opinion about him as a coach...and I certainly am not going to be too invested in a conversation given the level of talent he was asked to work with.

Whether the Knicks' front office want to win or not is debatable. What isn't is that their perception on how to become relevant is severely flawed. So at worst, they know full well what they're doing and are trying to lose...or at best, they actually want to win, but have absolutely zero clue on how to do it.

5 hours ago, johnval1362 said:

Woj after that bizarre press conference:  

"Rival coaches and executives see a mismatched Knicks roster slow of foot, without legitimate NBA guard play, but Mills is selling Dolan on a poorly coached team that is underachieving at 2-8 to start the season, league sources said."  

If the Knicks were so concerned about their future they wouldn't have signed all those vets to fat contracts. These morons believe this roster can be competitive. Morris isn't going to be benched, they will try to flip him for assets. 

Mitch could absolutely trend up in a hurry, but I think that will be less of a function of a new coach and more of him getting his fouls under control.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, johnval1362 said:

Knicks front office is clearly the worst in the NBA. They may have tried before to win preseason, like you said, but I don't think they're stupid enough to think a new coach will help them win. I think they will try to win, but not by playing veterans, but by getting the most of they can out of rob DSJ and maybe ntilika. You may be right though, the Knicks are pretty stupid so I wouldn't put anything past them. I used to be a Knicks fan but quit on them due to their horrific ownership, poor coaching and useless fans who support their every terrible decision by continually buying tickets making them more profitable than any team. 

This team should have started rebuilding in 2014 after the Knicks barely missed the 8th seed to the Hawks. This would’ve only made them one season behind the 76ers rebuild. Instead they’ve consistently tried to improve their roster and have never fully committed to the rebuild. Even now, they have not committed to the rebuild.

Robinson’s talent is immense but I don’t think he’ll be an all league player this season. I don’t see what is stopping him from reaching that next season, however.

Under a Dolan, Perry, and Mills leadership, never doubt the Knicks’ ineptitude.

I mean they spent money on Randle, Morris, Taj and Portis so clearly they figured those guys would help them.  Unless Dolan is so genius he figured he'd waste 30 million while stealth tanking in order to mollify the demanding NYC fans and media?  Ha, good one.  

The Knicks, much like the Bulls, thought they were ready to win.  They ain't even ready to crawl.

5 hours ago, johnval1362 said:

Knicks front office is clearly the worst in the NBA. They may have tried before to win preseason, like you said, but I don't think they're stupid enough to think a new coach will help them win.

We are talking Knicks here. They've been trying to win and will continue to do so as long as Dolan is the owner.  

23 hours ago, Eltoro said:

Those idiots Mills and Perry are scrambling for their jobs and I think the most Knicks things possible would be for them to make some stupid win-now move rather than selling the vets and embracing the tank. 

Lol just like I said yesterday.   

https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/sources-knicks-keeping-an-eye-on-options-to-improve-roster-as-trade-season-approaches/312108318   

So predictable, what a ridiculous organization.