Simsanityy179

Mitchell Robinson 2019-2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, Eltoro said:

Lol just like I said yesterday.   

https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/sources-knicks-keeping-an-eye-on-options-to-improve-roster-as-trade-season-approaches/312108318   

So predictable, what a ridiculous organization. 

Do they not know Allonzo Trier is a good player and has a good ceiling with proper development? He's right there. Eh, who are we kidding. Knicks.

3 hours ago, Eltoro said:

Woj after that bizarre press conference:  

"Rival coaches and executives see a mismatched Knicks roster slow of foot, without legitimate NBA guard play, but Mills is selling Dolan on a poorly coached team that is underachieving at 2-8 to start the season, league sources said."  

You guys still think the knicks haven’t been prioritizing winning?

10 hours ago, simon said:

Your belief in your little theory is impressive. However, your conclusion may be based on sound reasoning, it doesn’t mean that it is factual. Everything is still up in the air and judgment should be reserved until we see how the new coach will handle this team. MRob is a speculative add, but with so much upside that for me, it is worth the risk even on 8-team leagues.

Obviously Rob is a hold in any league and he should of never been on any waiver wire. My point was to temper expectations considering all the owners in this thread who have been calling for Fizdale’s job all season.

Once again, zero fouls and the dude delivers. Only question is whether this will put a damper on his blocks, but it's a good tradeoff.

4 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Once again, zero fouls and the dude delivers. Only question is whether this will put a damper on his blocks, but it's a good tradeoff.

That's usually the trade off. Most blockers best blocking rates were in their rookie season. They'll definitely come back because he has a historically high block rate. The minutes mean the most and lack of fouls mean the most.

TJ Warren driving to the basket against Mitch... Everyone watching knows that TJ will stop and make pump fake move...    TJ stops...  Oh wait, Mitch is in the air...   Mitch foul and   the old fashioned "and 1" ...

Mitch has to learn a lot before he can be called  a solid NBA player

Tbf, shot clock was winding down & I don’t think Mitch hasn’t done any homework on certain players’ tendencies yet. 

This line is such great news. Foul rate down, no more potato frown face. Let’s goooo

48 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

TJ Warren driving to the basket against Mitch... Everyone watching knows that TJ will stop and make pump fake move...    TJ stops...  Oh wait, Mitch is in the air...   Mitch foul and   the old fashioned "and 1" ...

Mitch has to learn a lot before he can be called  a solid NBA player

1 foul

• Like 1

Fast break, Elf to Mitchell Robinson trailing down the court, gets the ball, gathers step, soars for a ..... layup vs. Myles Turner and gets blocked. Randle rebounds, gets fouled and misses the game-tying FT. GAME OVER. 

• Like 2

I selfishly wish that Elfrid Payton would stay on the bench with Mitch. I doubt Elfrid stays on the bench for long though. 

Maybe Mitch can get more minutes alongside Elfrid regardless of who starts. 

Just got dropped last night in my league. Wondering if he's worth using my waiver (#2 right now) on given the upside with the new coaching change. 

Edited by basseffect

2 hours ago, basseffect said:

Just got dropped last night in my league. Wondering if he's worth using my waiver (#2 right now) on given the upside with the new coaching change. 

Lol someone waited until yesterday to drop him?! Waited until he puts together a few good games and Fizdale is fired? Thats hilarious 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Soccer8098 said:

Lol someone waited until yesterday to drop him?! Waited until he puts together a few good games and Fizdale is fired? Thats hilarious 

Haha they're near the bottom of the league, so my assumption is they were desperate to pick up a few players to pull out the win yesterday? 

3 hours ago, CrockPot said:

Are you guys playing in 8 team leagues where he’s getting dropped?

It's a 10 Team league, H2H Points. 

Edited by basseffect

Finally got the watch a game. So new coach is just gonna run the same system as fizdale.

Also this guy does not get ANY def rebs. All he does is box out and doesnt try to go for it. Let's everyone else get it. All I see this guy do is run up and down the court and set screens and box out. Knicks frigging blow 

He has no offensive game. Only way he scores is on putbacks or alleyoop, which never come

Edited by Sfektz
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sfektz said:

Finally got the watch a game. So new coach is just gonna run the same system as fizdale.

Also this guy does not get ANY def rebs. All he does is box out and doesnt try to go for it. Let's everyone else get it. All I see this guy do is run up and down the court and set screens and box out. Knicks frigging blow 

He has no offensive game. Only way he scores is on putbacks or alleyoop, which never come

I agree. I swear there was a span where Bobby Portis pulled in 5-6 rebounds before MRob got 1. 

He has been a frustrating guy to own and doesn’t seem to be gaining any more PT than before. He is just staying out of foul trouble is all. Has been a tough guy to own all year. 

am I naïve to think 10/10 2 blks decent steals on good fg% is a probable outcome at some point this season? (offering whitside and lma 4 drum and mitch rob)

1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

am I naïve to think 10/10 2 blks decent steals on good fg%

He's only grabbed 10 rebounds in 2 games this season, his rebounding is down from the 2nd half of last year.

When I watch Knicks games I see why, he doesn't go for boards at all. 

5 minutes ago, alexstr said:

He's only grabbed 10 rebounds in 2 games this season, his rebounding is down from the 2nd half of last year.

When I watch Knicks games I see why, he doesn't go for boards at all. 

if he gets 30 min he has to come close to 10 reb. hes 6.6 in 21 min. that 9.4 per 30 min.