Simsanityy179

Mitchell Robinson 2019-2020 Outlook

Owners (myself included) put too much faith in him improving this season. It just hasn't materialised like the way many of us expected/hoped. I mean our 3rd/4th/5th round pick is still coming off the bench, which says everything about his player development. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, flat_eric said:

Owners (myself included) put too much faith in him improving this season. It just hasn't materialised like the way many of us expected/hoped. I mean our 3rd/4th/5th round pick is still coming off the bench, which says everything about his player development. 

Sad but true 😕

I actually feel for him and the Knick youngsters. Changing coaches is not ideal and the Knicks don’t value youth. I pray Mitch gets traded so a team will actually care to develop him instead of singing 500 bigs to kill his development 

I tried to tell you guys this wasn't a Fizdale thing. The Knicks as an organization are just a pile of a**. Probably the worst roster construction I've ever seen.

Yea knicks organization is a frigging joke. How is mitch rob still not starting over the corpse of fuking taj Gibson. And then u have frigging journeyman Portis chucking shots. I really feel bad for the youngsters on knicks. It's an embarrassment every game and they ain't getting better.

Why isnt trier getting any playing time, that guy is good. Instead they play ******** Ellington 

• Like 1

I feel bad for Mitch, but it felt good thinking he's not my problem to deal with anymore. The FA signings truly ****** his value this season. Fizdale had no one else to look to on the bench who was "potentially better" than Mitch, but this season, Fizdale/Miller has Portis, Morris, Randle to look or lean on -- whereas last season, it was Kornet, Hellenson or Vonleh. LOL having DeAndre Jordan on the team was the best thing that could have ever happen for him too, mentored him and helped him out with his fouling issue.

Damn...

1 hour ago, indigorivers said:

I will not allow anything positive to be said in here

He tried.

Kinda.

Honestly Mitch is good, but the dude has really no offensive skills for a big compared to portis... yes he'll catch the lob and rebounds... He really isn't a threat on the offensive end.. They do need to lean on this guy more considering they aren't anywhere close to being playoff relevant 

Is he really doing that bad?  He's ranked 53 in yahoo 9 cat by season average.  I guess yall were expecting 15 and 10 and 4 blocks.  Who knows could still happen second half of season!

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Is he really doing that bad?  He's ranked 53 in yahoo 9 cat by season average.  I guess yall were expecting 15 and 10 and 4 blocks.  Who knows could still happen second half of season!

He's not that bad and the potential is obviously there. It's understandable that he had two mediocre games against two teams who have very good big men.

But what is frustrating is that his positioning is terrible and looks lost out there. What lets him accumulate stats is his athleticism. 

Edited by j3rkthenurk

Poor guy doesn't seem to be getting the coaching he needs.  He's a great shot blocker.  I think he just needs some better coaching to teach him the game.  It's not hard to go through the film with him and point out the mistakes and have him work on it.  I mean they had 82 games to do this just this year alone, I'm sure if they tried harder he'll be a lot less lost at the end of the year. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sfektz said:

Knicks need to use mitch rob the way Gobert is used 

giphy.gif

Many drafted this dude 3rd round... I'd imagine many expected his state line to inflate to a player like whiteside. 

DeAndre Jordan made a career out of lobs and put backs. Mitch is even more athletic than he ever was imo. Difference is the Clippers had CP3 and the Knicks have garbage point guards. The fact he hasn’t been moved to the starting lineup and played 30 plus minutes is a joke. I hope the Knicks rot for the next 10 decades 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

I feel bad for Mitch, but it felt good thinking he's not my problem to deal with anymore. The FA signings truly ****** his value this season. Fizdale had no one else to look to on the bench who was "potentially better" than Mitch, but this season, Fizdale/Miller has Portis, Morris, Randle to look or lean on -- whereas last season, it was Kornet, Hellenson or Vonleh. LOL having DeAndre Jordan on the team was the best thing that could have ever happen for him too, mentored him and helped him out with his fouling issue.

Damn...

Agreed and DAJ was a true class vet. He told fizdale to play young guys and not to play him 

• Like 1

Morris, Randle its the same give these guys the ball at top and let them play iso ball... I dont know why the coach hasn't made that adjustment. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

Many drafted this dude 3rd round...

And he's ranked 27th in my 9-cat, which is late 2nd/early 3rd value, so I don't see the problem.

Obviously in an ideal world he'd get 32 MPG, but he's averaging 10/7 with 2 blocks on 70% FG.  If you drafted him expecting much more than that, I dunno what to tell you.

2 minutes ago, alexstr said:

And he's ranked 27th in my 9-cat, which is late 2nd/early 3rd value, so I don't see the problem.

Obviously in an ideal world he'd get 32 MPG, but he's averaging 10/7 with 2 blocks on 70% FG.  If you drafted him expecting much more than that, I dunno what to tell you.

He’s ranked high because of the FG%, low turnovers and blocks which have dried up lately. He rarely even tries to grab boards which is infuriating. Could easily average 10 plus PPG, 10 plus boards along with a steal and 2.5 blocks. The talent is immense but playing for the Knicks ruins any young player 

Just now, DonutGiveUp said:

He’s ranked high because of the FG%, low turnovers and blocks which have dried up lately. He rarely even tries to grab boards which is infuriating. Could easily average 10 plus PPG, 10 plus boards along with a steal and 2.5 blocks. The talent is immense but playing for the Knicks ruins any young player 

10 plus PPG, 10 plus boards along with a steal and 2.5 blocks ideally this is what I was hoping to see him average this season.. like posters have mentioned above I was thankful that DAJ told the coach to let the kid play last season during fantasy playoff cause robinson had a career high 20 boards or something along those lines.

• Like 2

I didn't expect the 10 boards (though close to it), never really struck me as a guy to go for rebs, but I did expect a ******** block party.

Before the season started, I think I wrote: 10  /   7.5-8 rebs     w/    2.5-2.7 blocks    or some **** on high efficiency.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MysticPeak said:

I didn't expect the 10 boards (though close to it), never really struck me as a guy to go for rebs, but I did expect a ******** block party.

Before the season started, I think I wrote: 10  /   7.5-8 rebs     w/    2.5-2.7 blocks    or some **** on high efficiency.

... that block party when to whiteside... I look at how I drafted ALEX LEN at 8th and missed whiteside ... lol 

Yeah it is what it is at this point. He won't be very good. His overall value in 9-cat is inflated by FG% and TO. Fg% is deceiving because he's not even getting any volume

• Like 1