Simsanityy179

Mitchell Robinson 2019-2020 Outlook

10 minutes ago, alexstr said:

I agree with you 100%.

I know it's tacky to quote oneself, but I posted this on Dec. 26th:

"Every time I tune into a Knicks game I wonder how he even gets the 25 minutes he does.  No effort on offense or defense, doesn't set good screens, doesn't go for rebounds, doesn't hustle, etc. He's fantasy gold, but (at least right now) he's not a very good NBA player"

He does set terrible screens lol 

Yahoo had set him at 25 preseason rank.  That's what drove up his ADP.  Mostly the computer picks moving him up too.  I don't think most people would take that risk and draft him at beginning of 3rd round even if they really liked him.  Anyone looking to buy low on this guy?  I think it's worth a gamble. 

32 minutes ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Yahoo had set him at 25 preseason rank.  That's what drove up his ADP.  Mostly the computer picks moving him up too.  I don't think most people would take that risk and draft him at beginning of 3rd round even if they really liked him.  Anyone looking to buy low on this guy?  I think it's worth a gamble. 

Depends how low you can buy. Throw a top-100 and see if the owner bites.

1 hour ago, vnmslsrbms said:

News flash most people did , one of the main reasons everyone is so heated right now. Where they drafted him, in relation to his current production. In my 10-team ultra competitive league he went 32nd .

16 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

News flash most people did , one of the main reasons everyone is so heated right now. Where they drafted him, in relation to his current production. In my 10-team ultra competitive league he went 32nd .

Ouch his ADP is 30.1.  Didn't know he went so high as I wasn't that high on him.  I guess people were going off his last year second half numbers, which were pretty sweet.  Second year progressions are pretty normal too. 

Again, I'd buy low if people are selling!

• Like 1

I had him second half of lsat year and was one of reasons why I won a championship. but as soon as Knicks had all those off season signings I knew this year would be very unpredictable and he would have a lot shorter leash. thought I can get his blocks with getting Brolo much later in the draft. now Knicks saying they might even keep Morris. doubt Mitch rob is that relevant this year 

Wow Fantrax ADP was 55. 

16 hours ago, HispasianTuna said:

I don't know, I'd probably take a trade of Brogdon for Mitch if I was offered that 😅

yea probably, but really it would depend on your build. Mitch def has his value. and likewise if i was offered that I would probably decilne. only reason i would accept is to move brogdon

• Standard contracts:
    • Julius Randle: Three years, $56.7MM. Third year partially guaranteed ($4MM). Signed using cap room.
    • Bobby Portis: Two years, $30.75MM. Second-year team option. Signed using cap room.
    • Taj Gibson: Two years, $18.5MM. Second year partially guaranteed ($1MM). Signed using cap room.
    • Wayne Ellington: Two years, $16MM. Second year partially guaranteed ($1MM). Signed using cap room.
    • Elfrid Payton: Two years, $16MM. Second year partially guaranteed ($1MM). Signed using cap room.
    • Marcus Morris: One year, $15MM. Signed using cap room.
    • Reggie Bullock: Two years, $8.2MM. Second year partially guaranteed ($1MM). Signed using room exception.

Before trashing the kid look at what his joke of an organization did this summer and what gems came in;

Randle-selfish and waste of talent

Portis-Once knocked out his own teammate

Gibson- Been irrelevant for years

Ellington- Journeyman who had a decent run on Miami 2 seasons ago 

Payton- Only player who actually passes to Mitch and was moved to the starting role while Mitch wasnt

Morris- Same clown who reneged on a deal that cost the Spurs Bertans and chance to play for Pop

Bullock- Trash journeyman 

Other than Payton what exactly was the point in signing any of the above players? None are leaders, difference makers and have halted the development of RJ, Knox, Mitch, Frank, Trier. I get the bad fouls but look at how the vets on Memphis have helped JJJ get through his foul troubles early in the year

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

have halted the development of RJ, Knox, Mitch, Frank, Trier.

To play devil's advocate:

1) How is RJ's development has been halted when he's getting 32 MPG?

2) Knox, Frank, and Trier are all career backups.

3) M-Rob has no semblance of an offensive game and can't play without fouling, playing him 30+ MPG in a lineup already depleted of offensive talent would be ugly.  Hence why Portis/Gibson/Randle are necessary. 

27 minutes ago, alexstr said:

3) M-Rob has no semblance of an offensive game and can't play without fouling, playing him 30+ MPG in a lineup already depleted of offensive talent would be ugly.  Hence why Portis/Gibson/Randle are necessary. 

This is exactly the kind of silly logic that led to this mess in the first place.  

Anyone with half an ounce of basketball IQ could see that not one of those three guys fits well with Robinson. Portis is the least bad of a bad bunch because he can shoot, Gibson is redundant, but Randle in particular is a disastrous fit. Clogs the paint, dominates the ball, black hole. 

They don't need offense from Mitch, they need rim protection and rebounding. They should have slotted in Marcus Morris at the 4 for spacing and then added a true wing who can shoot. That's it. It was that simple. 

Robinson's foul troubles are only a part of the problem. If they really wanted to prioritize development he would be fouling out every game. But the front office is desperate to save their skins and so they are trotting out this rotting carcass of a roster while looking to add bandaid solutions like Andre Drummond. 

Edited by Eltoro
  • Like 2

You guys are just mad that Mitchell Robinson became a bust for you. I mean I was shocked that he was ranked so high during the beginning of the season. Seeing as he's so raw and foul prone. I watched alot of Knicks game last year and he was an amazing shot blocker but that's all he was really providing. 

16 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Anyone with half an ounce of basketball IQ could see that not one of those three guys fits well with Robinson.

"Fits well with Robinson", as if he's some franchise cornerstone that the team needs to be built around.

At this point, he's a limited offensive and defensive player whose only contributions are blocking shots and dunking alley oops.

Again, I'm a 2 year M-rob owner, and wish the best for him, but he's just not a very good NBA player (yet).

1 hour ago, alexstr said:

To play devil's advocate:

1) How is RJ's development has been halted when he's getting 32 MPG?

2) Knox, Frank, and Trier are all career backups.

RJ is playing minutes but how are they developing him? He’s their future and should be first option. He’s playing second fiddle to guys like Morris and Randle. How are Frank and Knox career backups? Lol have you watched a game before? Frank was a high pick and is very underrated defensively. Knox was actually solid last season and they just stopped caring 

"Fits well with Robinson", as if he's some franchise cornerstone that the team needs to be built around.

At this point, he's a limited offensive and defensive player whose only contributions are blocking shots and dunking alley oops.

Again, I'm a 2 year M-rob owner, and wish the best for him, but he's just not a very good NBA player (yet).

they let randle and morris have free reign lol. its absolutely retarded to watch. 

no one ever said anything about a cornerstone, but at this point they are just ignoring his potential which was raved about last year. does it look like hes developed at all? means knicks failed yet again. to put it in perspective hes got the wingspan AD has.... not exactly easy to find. i would develop him because you would be stupid not to. but then again its the knicks. 

what does gobert do thats so special, that mitch may not be able to. the only thing i see different is the effort and the basketball knowledge. hes got the height length and rim blocking ability. 

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

does it look like hes developed at all? means knicks failed yet again.

Why is Robinson's lack of development automatically the Knicks fault?  Are the Knicks responsible for his lack of hustle and effort?

Porzingis developed just fine with the Knicks, no one was complaining about development then...

1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

RJ is playing minutes but how are they developing him? He’s their future and should be first option. He’s playing second fiddle to guys like Morris and Randle.

RJ is putting up 13 shots a game and shooting 39% from the field, 33% from three, and 60% from the line.  That's a 44% eFG (for context, Lonzo Ball has a 50% eFG).

So your solution is that they should go away from their more effective scorers to give RJ even more shots to the detriment of the team?  And that would somehow "develop" him?

Like letting an atrocious shooter keep jacking up more shots automatically makes them a better shooter?

lol...ok

Edited by alexstr

RJ is putting up 13 shots a game and shooting 39% from the field, 33% from three, and 60% from the line.  That's a 44% eFG (for context, Lonzo Ball has a 50% eFG).

So your solution is that they should go away from their more effective scorers to give RJ even more shots to the detriment of the team?  And that would somehow "develop" him?

Like letting an atrocious shooter keep jacking up more shots automatically makes them a better shooter?

lol...ok

Do you even understand how player development works? You learn from in game reps and making mistakes.

KD had a 45.1% eFG% his rookie year because Carlesimo gave him the unlimited green light. 

Barrett is a funny example to pick because he has been steadily improving, go check his splits.  

Taking opportunities from youth under long term team control and giving them to career journeymen on short term contracts is the epitome of short sighted thinking. You'd definitely fit in at the Knicks front office. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Do you even understand how player development works? You learn from in game reps and making mistakes.

Barrett has a 22.7 USG rate, ahead of guys like Lowry, Collins, Love, Ayton, and CP3.

I don't understand what more you want the Knicks to do with him?  Dude is 19 years old and playing 32 minutes per game.

Pretty sure you're just complaining for the sake of complaining.  Block and washing my hands of this thread.

2 minutes ago, alexstr said:

Barrett has a 22.7 USG rate, ahead of guys like Lowry, Collins, Love, Ayton, and CP3.

I don't understand what more you want the Knicks to do with him?  Dude is 19 years old and playing 32 minutes per game.

Pretty sure you're just complaining for the sake of complaining.  Block and washing my hands of this thread.

Says the guy arguing with three different people. 

The Knicks are a gong show. It was obvious coming into the season and it's obvious now. I got Mitch for scraps so his fantasy value doesn't bother me but as a fan of basketball the Knicks organization just drives me crazy.

• Like 1

Well at least next year, they'll use the money from all those 1 year signings to overpay some superstar (best case) and worse case they will sign a bunch of almost good players for a lot of money cuz nobody wants to play for the knicks.