Simsanityy179

Mitchell Robinson 2019-2020 Outlook

Really needed a center and got this guy. Choo choo, motherf***ers.

Edited by Jin
  • Haha 1

Signs of life. But the Knicks still have so many bigs and no spacing. Paint is always a crowded mess.

On 1/15/2020 at 9:04 PM, vnmslsrbms said:

Well at least next year, they'll use the money from all those 1 year signings to overpay some superstar (best case) and worse case they will sign a bunch of almost good players for a lot of money cuz nobody wants to play for the knicks. 

2020-2021: Knicks have signed Millsap/Favors/Ibaka to max contracts.  

• Haha 2

I think the hype train has overshot our expectations this year. The team is vastly different this year so he has a much shorter leash and with so many bigs (albeit a lot of average ones) theres still plenty of options. I think if they keep Morris which they stated they might now with randle/portis/gibson you're relying on the perfect storm way too often for him to be relied on. He just got dropped in my league and its funny you see the name and go OMG but I couldn't convince myself to replace any of my centres (KAT, Vuc, BroLo, TT)

4 minutes ago, beejay6020 said:

I think the hype train has overshot our expectations this year. The team is vastly different this year so he has a much shorter leash and with so many bigs (albeit a lot of average ones) theres still plenty of options. I think if they keep Morris which they stated they might now with randle/portis/gibson you're relying on the perfect storm way too often for him to be relied on. He just got dropped in my league and its funny you see the name and go OMG but I couldn't convince myself to replace any of my centres (KAT, Vuc, BroLo, TT)

Drop Towns

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, beejay6020 said:

Lol Robinson > TT

19 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Lol Robinson > TT

I get that suggestion but when your team is in win now clinging to last playoff spot I need the boards. There’s a good 20-25 extra boards and points right now per week 

28 minutes ago, beejay6020 said:

I think you'll regret not dropping TT for Mitch until the day you die.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, beejay6020 said:

I get that suggestion but when your team is in win now clinging to last playoff spot I need the boards. There’s a good 20-25 extra boards and points right now per week 

That's probably more because you didn't have KAT

36 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Lol Robinson > TT

In January,

TT has 7 blocks, 3 stl, 13 ast, 85 reb, 87 pts, 17 tov on 52.9/78.9%

Mitch has 10 blocks, 11 stl, 3 ast,  45 reb,  86 pts, 8 tov on 80.0/54.5% 

One can argue that Mich has better numbers.

One can also argue that  Mich needed 9 games vs TT 7 games to produce those numbers. 

Make your own conclusions

Just now, Gile Pile said:

In January,

TT has 7 blocks, 3 stl, 13 ast, 85 reb, 87 pts, 17 tov on 52.9/78.9%

Mitch has 10 blocks, 11 stl, 3 ast,  45 reb,  86 pts, 8 tov on 80.0/54.5% 

One can argue that Mich has better numbers.

One can also argue that  Mich needed 9 games vs TT 7 games to produce those numbers. 

Make your own conclusions

One can also argue that Mitch will have better numbers at the back of the season when the Knicks give him more of a run... and if TT gets traded/Cleveland decide to decrease his minutes.

2 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

One can also argue that Mitch will have better numbers at the back of the season when the Knicks give him more of a run... and if TT gets traded/Cleveland decide to decrease his minutes.

that’s assuming you think they will give him more run, because even after a coaching change they still haven’t given him more run.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

that’s assuming you think they will give him more run, because even after a coaching change they still haven’t given him more run.

I'm assuming he will play 30 mins more regularly when its around March (during fantasy playoffs). The upside with Mitch is higher than TT's, and that's what I would take if I want to win a season.

Another disappointment today. 3 blocks were handy, but jeez it’s looking dire......

Sad that this guy has almost zero trade value in my league. You need at least 8-10 points/boards to get people interested... blocks/FG% ain't enough.

1 hour ago, Eltoro said:

Sad that this guy has almost zero trade value in my league. You need at least 8-10 points/boards to get people interested... blocks/FG% ain't enough.

news just came out on him saying he was gonna take more jumpers. maybe he finally realizes he needs to be more selfish on this whack a** knicks team.

like he needs to get moved out of there to develop. at least he was more aggresive on rebounding yday. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Eltoro said:

You are better off just holding...no one is going to give anything up for him in most leagues.  I got him as a throw in as part of a deal a few weeks ago just for some blocks/rebounding, so if he gets better, I consider it found money.  He's still got top 30-40 upside and maybe some post deadline fortune will fall his way.  Also, maybe he will look for more shots on his own like he said as opposed to waiting on lobs or put backs.

• Thanks 1

Mitchell Robinson said that he is going to start taking more jumpers as teams take away lobs and easy buckets at the rim from him.

Robinson talked about all of the work that he put in on his jumper during the offseason, but he has yet to show it off this season.

7 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

Mitchell Robinson said that he is going to start taking more jumpers as teams take away lobs and easy buckets at the rim from him.

Robinson talked about all of the work that he put in on his jumper during the offseason, but he has yet to show it off this season.

posted about this yesterday, excited to see what happens. 

5 minutes ago, steempot said:

posted about this yesterday, excited to see what happens. 

my bad, the era of diagonal reading strikes again :D

Well, if Zion can improve from this to hitting 4 threes in a row, so can mrob.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1