Simsanityy179

Mitchell Robinson 2019-2020 Outlook

12 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Lol. If I had a dollar everytime I hear the words "massive upside", it wouldn't be no need for me to smack around folks in fantasy basketball.

I mean he was the 15th ranked player for the last 2 months (27 games) of last season. I'd say that qualifies as massive (proven) upside. 

It's just that it's the Knicks we're talking about here. It's like in the movies where something smells so bad it makes flowers wilt and die. If they had drafted Steph Curry he would probably be washing cars in the Bronx. If they had landed Zion he would probably be using one of those motorized wheelchairs to shop at Wal Mart. If they had drafted Porzingis they probably would have traded him away for a bag of chips. Oh wait... that's exactly what they did. 

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

I mean he was the 15th ranked player for the last 2 months (27 games) of last season. I'd say that qualifies as massive (proven) upside. 

It's just that it's the Knicks we're talking about here. It's like in the movies where something smells so bad it makes flowers wilt and die. If they had drafted Steph Curry he would probably be washing cars in the Bronx. If they had landed Zion he would probably be using one of those motorized wheelchairs to shop at Wal Mart. If they had drafted Porzingis they probably would have traded him away for a bag of chips. Oh wait... that's exactly what they did. 

lolll. so true. but that being said, is doing something well once considered proven? or a fluke? love the guy because he took me to a championship last year but I think everyone is way too hung up on those 27 games. time to look at the 40+ games of proof this year... that hes probably not worth owning

Im still holding, but only because my situation is ideal and im treating him as a stash. His upside is huge as a possible anchor for fg% and blks, pending a change in role and teammates. He’s shown flashes this year, especially when playing alongside elf.

In any other case, i think he is a definite drop right now or a possible trade sweetener for 2-for-1’s.

23 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

What's the difference between him and someone like Daniel Theis or JaVale McGee these days? That's the question.

No difference. But somehow according to BBM a guy like McGee still delivers good value going 6 and 6 with close to 2   blks and 60% fg% and not helping anywhere else...

🤷‍♂️

12pts 5reb 2blk 6/6fg (fouled out in 17mins) — games like this may not be much but it certainly keeps those who are holding him optimistic of his upside. Hoping for a big 2nd half. 🍻 

19 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

No difference. But somehow according to BBM a guy like McGee still delivers good value going 6 and 6 with close to 2   blks and 60% fg% and not helping anywhere else...

🤷‍♂️

floor and ceiling. upside and potential is the difference. huge difference as that may be a difference maker comeplayoffs.
c'mon now. 

Edited by steempot

24 minutes ago, steempot said:

floor and ceiling. upside and potential is the difference. huge difference as that may be a difference maker comeplayoffs.
c'mon now. 

Key word in the original q being “these days”

obv I’d much rather have MitchRob

Just freaking start him! I swear he can easily average 10-12 with 1.5 steals and 3 blocks a game on elite %

Might be the match up as well, jjj and clarke. Both are young players and cant really exploit mrob’s habits. Anybody watched the game?

1 hour ago, simon said:

Might be the match up as well, jjj and clarke. Both are young players and cant really exploit mrob’s habits. Anybody watched the game?

I watched it. Mitch was very disciplined, was actually really impressed. Knicks looked much better with him on the floor.   

Mike Breen said the time is coming where they play the young guys... Barring foul trouble Mitch should be seeing 28+ mpg post ASB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Mike Breen said the time is coming where they play the young guys... Barring foul trouble Mitch should be seeing 28+ mpg post ASB.

Similar to last season,Mitch is frustrated to own in first half of the season,but his playing time should go up post ASB

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

I watched it. Mitch was very disciplined, was actually really impressed. Knicks looked much better with him on the floor.   

Hope Mike Breen is right 😀

This is the week we have all been waiting for. Hoping Gibson, Portis and Morris leave and he is starting again and given all the run he can handle

• Thanks 1

If you're the Warriors, you're looking for youth, I think Mitch gets dealt in a package to the Warriors if D'Lo gets traded to NY. The Warriors need a big that they can groom for a long time -- not to mention Mitch is willing to shoot those 3s.

Edited by MysticPeak

55 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

If you're the Warriors, you're looking for youth, I think Mitch gets dealt in a package to the Warriors if D'Lo gets traded to NY. The Warriors need a big that they can groom for a long time -- not to mention Mitch is willing to shoot those 3s.

They have 3. Chriss, Looney & Spellman. Make that 4; Alex Similac

6 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

All I'm saying is that if they don't get Mitch as part of the D'Lo trade, what a shame. And if you're going to develop an athletic freak rim runner, rim protector C who wants to start jacking up 3s, Mitch Rob any day over those 4 mentioned. lol

7 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Those four combined don't have the upside of MRob.  I don't see why the Warriors would make the trade for anyone else on the team.  Knicks are hopeless.  They'll probably wager the future for DLo and Drummond. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MysticPeak said:

apparently after their trash a** offer, we asked for Robinson and an unprotected first

wont happen but its the knicks so it probably will

• Like 1
  • Haha 1