Simsanityy179

Mitchell Robinson 2019-2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

He can't even lace up Bryant's shoes. Upside... Lol.

My man Hachimura is going to be grabbing all the boards in Washington. Choooo chooooo. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, HispasianTuna said:

My man Hachimura is going to be grabbing all the boards in Washington. Choooo chooooo. 

Even if this does happen, Bryant would still 2x this bum's rebounds lol.

5 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Even if this does happen, Bryant would still 2x this bum's rebounds lol.

We'll revisit this after ASG lol. 

• Haha 1

Can anyone convince me why I should invest a high pick in MitchRob at 3-5th rd when I can simply just take JaVale at 7th-9th instead?

I actually want to be convinced because I have MitchRob on my board for a punt ft/pts build but I'm beginning to have second thoughts

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PUNTSQUAD said:

Can anyone convince me why I should invest a high pick in MitchRob at 3-5th rd when I can simply just take JaVale at 7th-9th instead?

I actually want to be convinced because I have MitchRob on my board for a punt ft/pts build but I'm beginning to have second thoughts

I opted to pick Draymond instead of him in the 3rd round for my Punt FT/PTS/3s build. There are solid bigs later (Capela, Javale, Whiteside, Adams, Poetle, etc) who you can grab and still have the best FG, Rebs & Blocks team by far.

• Like 2

You're really not punting FT% by drafting Mitch. He shot 60% last year off of 2 attempts. If he was an avid free throw shooter, I'd understand, but the guy only gets to the line once a game, which shouldn't make or break your FT% per week. 

Same with points. You can have him on your team without punting points. My team is projected to dominate my league in points and I have Mitch.

6 minutes ago, PUNTSQUAD said:

I don’t think you will find JVal in the 7th in many competitive drafts.  In this forum’s roto league he went 25th which is way too soon.  But he’s also going 4th round most drafts.  I also don’t think MitchRob is going any earlier than the 4th.  So it’s a toss up and you choose which one you want.  MitchRob has blocks upside, but is in a crowded front court, has trouble staying on the floor, and is one dimensional.  Jval could be a 20/10/1.2 guy, FG over 50%, and FT% over 80.  He’s really close to a LMA style player.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StifleTower2 said:

I don’t think you will find JVal in the 7th in many competitive drafts.  In this forum’s roto league he went 25th which is way too soon.  But he’s also going 4th round most drafts.  I also don’t think MitchRob is going any earlier than the 4th.  So it’s a toss up and you choose which one you want.  MitchRob has blocks upside, but is in a crowded front court, has trouble staying on the floor, and is one dimensional.  Jval could be a 20/10/1.2 guy, FG over 50%, and FT% over 80.  He’s really close to a LMA style player.  

You talking about Jonas Valucinas.

he talking about Javale McGee.

no way Javale McGee get 20/10

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Think he's referring to JaVale McGee.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NBA_OG said:

The purpose of versatility, and overall goal of h2h, is to win categories. Mitch Rob does that. 

Yes, to win categories. But how? In regular season in H2H the number of all category wins during all season is important. As you know you just have to get certain amount of wins and make it play-offs. It is not important that you are all the time best in some special category (like MitchRob gives blocks). Only total number of cat wins is important and then at PO you have just to win one category more than opponent. I don't think that winning blocks every week brings me closer to overall victory. But versatility and being good in most categories will do it. I already said it, but I say one more time: Mitch Rob is NOT my man.

Edited by apatas
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I'm referring to MitchRob vs JaVale McGee

Which is my quandary... JaVale posted top 50 value last season yet ESPN has him at 128 whereas Robinson is 62. If I'm to assume the opposing managers in my league align their decision-making with the rankings of the ESPN platform we're drafting on, what can Robinson give me at 62 range that I can't get with JaVale at 128 range?  Along with the dominant BLK/FG and strong REB, I see a potential for elite STL with Robinson. But that's really best-case-scenario

Edited by PUNTSQUAD

I think you'd have to factor in Dwight a little bit. I'm expecting Mcgee's minutes to slightly go down. Lakers didn't sign Dwight to not play him, especially with this being his last opportunity of being basketball relevant. I could see Dwight finally maturing and stepping up his game at his age to push for a 50/50 time split. 

If Mitch is available in the 4th or later, you'd have to take a gamble on him depending on your build. He had a good late push last season which hopefully transitions to this season. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JMega said:

I opted to pick Draymond instead of him in the 3rd round for my Punt FT/PTS/3s build. There are solid bigs later (Capela, Javale, Whiteside, Adams, Poetle, etc) who you can grab and still have the best FG, Rebs & Blocks team by far.

That's what I'm thinking. I'm highly valuing Draymond's AST/STL in the 3rd.  It's somewhat surprising that there seems to be a surplus of BLK much later in the draft, whether the source be a Jerami Grant or Richaun Holmes or Maxi Kleber 

If there’s one thing I agree with about @apatas is that there’s a lot of variance in blocks which matters in H2H.  MitchRob will have 10 block weeks, when you will crush in blocks.  Other weeks he will have lines like 6/4 with 1 blocks and he will be a dead spot on your roster.  You had better hope your good weeks correspond to the fantasy playoffs.  I’m not targeting.  

Until David Fizdale, probably the worst coach in the NBA, gets fired, Mitchell Robinson will be risky and inconsistent as a result of Fizdale just dicking the rotations around.  Any other coach would trot out Robinson for 30+ minutes a night easily (putting fouls aside), but Fizdale is going to play him 19 minutes some nights to give 25 minutes to Taj Gibson (LOL) or Bobby Portis (F'N LOL).

• Like 1

I think it has to do with trends. Post ASB Mitch Rob was valued 3rd and Javale 6th. The Mitch Rob potential for a double double with a steal and 2 blocks is golden. Of course Javale could give you that as well, but not so much steals and then you factor in not so many blocks and Dwight stealing minutes. I don’t see Bobby Portis stealing minutes unless Fizdale wants to get fired.

• Like 2

However if you look at over a total season, Javale finished 5th round and Mitchell Robinson 4th. So if you think Javale will sustain the same over a season I say why not draft Javale at 6th round and go for like John Collins or Thomas Bryant.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HispasianTuna said:

I think you'd have to factor in Dwight a little bit. I'm expecting Mcgee's minutes to slightly go down. Lakers didn't sign Dwight to not play him, especially with this being his last opportunity of being basketball relevant. I could see Dwight finally maturing and stepping up his game at his age to push for a 50/50 time split. 

If Mitch is available in the 4th or later, you'd have to take a gamble on him depending on your build. He had a good late push last season which hopefully transitions to this season. 

Even if JaVale plays a mere 22 mpg... a sub 50/50 split... that's what he got last season when he posted crazy value. I don't see Dwight eating into JaVale's 22mpg, however I do worry that Vogel using AD at the 5 might be an issue

Mitch at 5th or later isn't a gamble for me given my intended build.  I'm really just looking for a shortcut to my targeted FG/BLK and I feel like I might get that with JaVale

1 minute ago, PUNTSQUAD said:

Even if JaVale plays a mere 22 mpg... a sub 50/50 split... that's what he got last season when he posted crazy value. I don't see Dwight eating into JaVale's 22mpg, however I do worry that Vogel using AD at the 5 might be an issue

Mitch at 5th or later isn't a gamble for me given my intended build.  I'm really just looking for a shortcut to my targeted FG/BLK and I feel like I might get that with JaVale

AD wants to play the 4, that's why the Lakers have McGee and Dwight. NOLA never paired AD with any resemblance of a decent center, so he was forced to play center when he hates playing that position. I won't deny that McGee balled out last season, but the Lakers also didn't have a potential HoF big man playing next to him. I don't think he's repeating what he did last year, although it could possibly be close.

• Like 1

For all of you drafting Mitch in first 4 rounds I have a question:  Do you remember Jarrett Allen last  season?    I wish I can find his thread for 2018/2109

looking at BBM and his

Mitch  has huge positive contribution in blocks, TOs are also very good (positive).  FG% contribution is positive in theory. In reality it does not make significant impact on your team FG%  (only 4.4 attempts). Both % categories (FG% and  FT%) have  low attempts and are  basically neutral contribution. Rebounds are also neutral.

In short,  his contributions will be positive in two categories (blocks and TOs),  neutral in three categories (fg%, ft%, reb) and negative  in four categories (3s, pts, ast, stl)

If  Mitch is not elite in blocks for whatever reason (Fizdale, Randle, Portis, Taj, Morris, foul troubles, injuries, zombie invasion...) question to ask is:  Is he rosterable?

Are you willing to invest pick in first  4 rounds on such  a player?

I know I am not. I prefer proven players in first 5 rounds that will contribute to my team .

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

For all of you drafting Mitch in first 4 rounds I have a question:  Do you remember Jarrett Allen last  season?    I wish I can find his thread for 2018/2109

looking at BBM and his

Mitch  has huge positive contribution in blocks, TOs are also very good (positive).  FG% contribution is positive in theory. In reality it does not make significant impact on your team FG%  (only 4.4 attempts). Both % categories (FG% and  FT%) have  low attempts and are  basically neutral contribution. Rebounds are also neutral.

In short,  his contributions will be positive in two categories (blocks and TOs),  neutral in three categories (fg%, ft%, reb) and negative  in four categories (3s, pts, ast, stl)

If  Mitch is not elite in blocks for whatever reason (Fizdale, Randle, Portis, Taj, Morris, foul troubles, injuries, zombie invasion...) question to ask is:  Is he rosterable?

Are you willing to invest pick in first  4 rounds on such  a player?

I know I am not. I prefer proven players in first 5 rounds that will contribute to my team .

Yeah I'm leaning this way as well. Which is a letdown cause I managed to get myself all hyped over MitchRob, but reality needs to take hold regardless of how harsh lol

7 minutes ago, HispasianTuna said:

AD wants to play the 4, that's why the Lakers have McGee and Dwight. NOLA never paired AD with any resemblance of a decent center, so he was forced to play center when he hates playing that position. I won't deny that McGee balled out last season, but the Lakers also didn't have a potential HoF big man playing next to him. I don't think he's repeating what he did last year, although it could possibly be close.

Paul George didn't like playing the 4 but Vogel nonetheless put him there in spots

And I agree, I think it unrealistic to expect JaVale to replicate his '19 statline, if for no other reason than the fact that this is JaVale McGee we're talking about 

But if I can just get ~1.5 BLK and 7 REB from him on his usual high FG then I'll be satisfied 

Edited by PUNTSQUAD